Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been lurking here a while but never posted so here goes :D

Main PC Setup:
IMG_0044.JPG

what chair is that?

wow, fantastic setup ... maybe you could drill a hole in the desk and feed your mouse and keyboard cables through the hole... I did that and it ended up pretty nice

Looks hot, Voiceofid.

Which dual monitor stand is that if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
That would be the epitome of clean if you had a wireless kb/m combo. But still - VERY nice!

wow, fantastic setup ... maybe you could drill a hole in the desk and feed your mouse and keyboard cables through the hole... I did that and it ended up pretty nice
i had wireless for a while, it always runs out of batteries at the least opportune time, so i went back to wired. i just got the desk, i don't want to mod it that much just yet, it ached for me when i just put on a wire organizer, much less a hole through the thing!

Looks hot, Voiceofid.

Which dual monitor stand is that if you don't mind me asking?
not sure, bought it from another user of the forums
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1341041

i had wireless for a while, it always runs out of batteries at the least opportune time, so i went back to wired.

Ah, I see. I kind of felt the same way, but I have found that rechargeable batteries are very hard to beat. By the time the batteries die, I always have another pair that are charged. To each their own. :)

I just realized I've been lurking in this thread for years and I don't think I've ever posted in it.

ftp3m1rexiccpkadh_etup3esized.jpg

ode320u31s3jo8fun3wu_etup1esized.jpg

Nothing special. I've had the computer on the left almost 6 years now and it's still running solid. I've been running Windows 7 on it since January. The computer on the right is a little newer (Athlon x2 3800, 2 GB ram, onboard) but about the only thing it does better than this one is watch Youtube videos in HD so that's all I use it for xD. It's dualbooting Vista HP and 7 RC 7100 32-bit.

I'd like to get a new desk and computer setup when funds allow. Hopefully I'll have something nice to post in here soon.

Where did you get or how did you make the keyboard drawer? Nice setup too.

I used somthing like this for the support. And the wood is a stained 24 in. x 36 in. pine edge-glued panel from Lowe's. I routed keyboard tray and shelf edges to give a more finished look.

Thanks

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I agree - I like monitor mounts and stands like those ones, especially the ones that can support dual or even tri-monitor setups. However, I really wish that the stands and mounts weren't so expensive...:confused:

should have returned it and got the better one, i work at best buy and see people do that a lot

Thanks! Sorry to hear you paid a bit more than what it is advertised for, here :( I have odne that for many things...including my Desktop PC - bought it one day for $600 at BestBuy, then, the next day, it was $500 and was fully loaded (Meaning it had the best specs that modle could support) - I was annoyed, to say the least.

Eh, I still feel like I got a good deal. It wasn't so long ago my first 216bw was that much.

Bought a new keyboard (Logitech UltraX Premium Keyboard Black) and moved the amplifier to the dresser.

dsc00698h.jpg

dsc00688.jpg

dsc00642g.jpg

dsc00672s.jpg

Last edited:
May want to think about angling those speakers in, you are sitting way off-axis from them.

May want to think about angling those speakers in, you are sitting way off-axis from them.
I'm the kind of person which prefers looks to function. :D And I really don't hear much difference even if I tilt them towards me. So I'll leave them the way they are.

That's a sharp looking keyboard. Nice setup, love the simplicity.
Thank you. Yeah I like the keyboard as well, it has a nice laptop -feel to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back