Post your "Which games never get old?"

Which game can go the longest without loosing it's entertainment?

• Diablo 2

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • Counter-Strike

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Battlefeild (Any)

Votes: 27 14.0%
  • other... (post it)

Votes: 68 35.2%

• Total voters
perfect dark
ogre battle 64
zelda: ocarina of time
final fantasy 7
metal gear solid 2

Freespace 2. Never, ever ever gets old.

Total Annihilation. IMHO this game was 100% better than SC.

And my all time favorite game as far as replayability? Tetris Attack! for SNES.

Far Cry
Counter Strike Source
Sims 2

Kinda, but not really get old:
Doom 3
Sims 2

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain! I play it every couple of years. Right now I'm addicted to Desert Combat.

Alex A. said:
Operation Flashpoint

I never knew anybody actually played that game. I thought it got old in a week. Too slow for my tastes.

Not giving you shit, BTW. Just don't hear the game talked about too much.

u_95244

Tetris, UT2004, Goldeneye, Mario Kart (you have to agree with Mario Kart for N64)

Dude, for some god aweful reason I started playing black and white again.

WHATEVER you all do, do not attempt to waste money on this game it is the biggest POS ever.

But I'm hooked :(

coffee33 said:

WHATEVER you all do, do not attempt to waste money on this game it is the biggest POS ever.

Too late :D
I tried starting it again recently too, but can't stand having to go through the whole tutorial thing again.

u_95244

coffee33 said:

Yes, yes, B&W Was the BIGGEST waste of 40 dollars I ever spent. Every time I see the CD I cringe at a waste of money. I never even beat the game. I got to some level, (pretty CLOSE to the end as I read in the Guides later on when I Uninstalled it) where if only I could take one more of his towns I'd be set. However, the town was Sooo deap in his influence, and mine was no where near it, then I couldn't do shit to get the town to convert. Ended up having the throw humans and rocks as hard as I could to try. I think I kept gettin +2 Faith. Lame...

I hate B&W...

abudhu said:
Yes, yes, B&W Was the BIGGEST waste of 40 dollars I ever spent. Every time I see the CD I cringe at a waste of money. I never even beat the game. I got to some level, (pretty CLOSE to the end as I read in the Guides later on when I Uninstalled it) where if only I could take one more of his towns I'd be set. However, the town was Sooo deap in his influence, and mine was no where near it, then I couldn't do shit to get the town to convert. Ended up having the throw humans and rocks as hard as I could to try. I think I kept gettin +2 Faith. Lame...

I hate B&W...
Thats where I quit! I wonder if it was possiable to pass!?
Did you like the built in crash feature? Lol. I want to just let you know that B&W still has the crash feature after 3 patches of wich 2 were pulled and they have uninsalls for now hehe.
I'm so gonna buy B&W2 though cause I don't think peter will F the next one up so badly.

Remember Dungeon Keeper? That was a peter game and it ROCKED! :)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Just picked up the gold limited ed. cart from EB the other day... beating it again now, i love that game.

other than that, i go back to far cry, half life (2), max payne 2, goldeneye, unreal, and my other zelda games (got em all) very often

coffee33 said:
Thats where I quit! I wonder if it was possiable to pass!?
Did you like the built in crash feature? Lol. I want to just let you know that B&W still has the crash feature after 3 patches of wich 2 were pulled and they have uninsalls for now hehe.
I'm so gonna buy B&W2 though cause I don't think peter will F the next one up so badly.

Remember Dungeon Keeper? That was a peter game and it ROCKED! :)

Crash Feature? ALT-TAB? Or was is it me getting frustrated and quiting all together. Good lord I hated how you had to quit, you had to go to your temple. Lame.

Granted B&W 2 LOOKS great (Graphically) but I feel its the same crap over again. That and I felt from playing the first one the game would be better suited to someones 8--13 year old kids than an older age group. After all, who really wants to take care of a pet anyways? I beat the hell out of mine and had the reddest/evilist hand ever. Citizens worked there ass off good :)

---
AH! I remembered the level I finally gave up on. Your Creature was captured and you had to save him. That was it! Didn't matter to me much since I NEVER used my stinking creature in the game at all.

Monkey Island 1-3
Tie Fighter - still get EH invites in my Email from time to time
Fallout 1&2
Planescape
Freespace 2

Street Fighter II. I don't care if it's vanilla SF2 or the Hyper Ultra Mega Turbo Attention Defecit Disorder Championship Editions that came afterwards.

And there are others that I play quite regulartly, some are newer than others: Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB), UT2K4, the Tekken series, C&C Red Alert (1&2), C&C Generals (and Zero Hour).

Oh....I almost forgot Rock and Roll racing and The Lost Vikings for the SNES.

starcraft
space empires IV
any of the civ games
counterstrike never gets old, but cheating killed it for me

Dizik said:
Oh....I almost forgot Rock and Roll racing and The Lost Vikings for the SNES.

Ahh yes, Rock n Roll Racing. My brother and I spent many a drunk evening playing that one. :D

Homeworld. I spent more time playing this game than all other games combined. It had an excellent community, fairly small (everyone knew everyone), lots of strategic depth. I quit playing after about a year, after everyone I knew had already quit and the community had dwindled... If the lobby was not so empty i'd probably still play it.

Alright, I can think of a couple.

Ice Hockey - NES My brother and I fire this up at the cabin when there is nothing else to do, and engage in constant team fighting. Remember when you were a kid and mashed the buttons just to see a bunch of pixellated figures pile up together and occasionally squirt blood? Yup, still funny.

Chrono Trigger - SNES Best console RPG. Ever. (yes, I have played Lunar)

Final Fantasy Tactics - PSX Simple enough, yet complex enough gameplay to be timeless. Well, maybe I should restate that to be time-consuming. Not as popular as one might think though, I guess it is a pretty hard game to get into.

Blizzard games - PC With PC games there is a lot more ambiguity, but one thing I have noticed is that Blizzard always makes their games with obsolesence in mind. Notice the graphics are good, yet just "cartoony" enough to still look good when there are generations of differences in graphics design. And any RTS will have future playability, as long as the gameplay system makes it interesting enough, which Blizzard does very sucessfully. Also, Blizzard has always included map making tools, so players can make their own maps to play on, and customize units, extending the life of the game with no effort on Blizzard's behalf!

Back