Post your watercooled systems HERE! Pics, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
auto graphics shops would be a good place to start. If you cant find any there, you surely can find it on the internet someplace.

Eh, real carbon fiber has to be layed and baked into a specific shape. Past that, it's close to impossible to cut or work with. Fiberglass can be made to look like carbon fiber, but it would be hard to find as well. If you just get the plastic stuff, like Kronchev said, that would be rice.

who cares about it being rice
not like that carbon fiber is really gonna help it go faster or improve downforce!! the computer is sitting in one place all it needs to do is look good and crunch numbers quickly. not weave through traffic

and it would look better than the nasty hole where there shouldnt be one.

Originally posted by mewannafastpc
who cares about it being rice
not like that carbon fiber is really gonna help it go faster or improve downforce!! the computer is sitting in one place all it needs to do is look good and crunch numbers quickly. not weave through traffic

uh, by "rice" we mean "tries to look good but fails miserably"

No, Carbon Fiber is known to not break. We are saying it will not look good.

Look at Kronchev's case, that is anti-rice. Tastefull, well modified, functional. Look at some of the cases they sell at IBuyPower, they are just finicky pieces of plastic that are supposed to look good. Rice.

Originally posted by thecarguy
No, Carbon Fiber is known to not break. We are saying it will not look good.

Look at Kronchev's case, that is anti-rice. Tastefull, well modified, functional. Look at some of the cases they sell at IBuyPower, they are just finicky pieces of plastic that are supposed to look good. Rice.

HAHA I just priced out my computer there, WITHOUT the watercooling, good case, all the little extra stuff I put into it...$1,300. ROFL! that place is a RIOT. Makes me feel real good about my own company :D

and thanks, thats goin in sig man :)

which page is your case on kronchev?
too many pages to browse through
and damn that is alot of money to go into the case

mewannafastpc, he means his components on that ibuypower website total $1300... not the case alone. And it's on the page prior to this one.

oooh
why are the drive bays black?
they seem to stand out, and not fit in with the lighter color case
that's just how im seeing it could you explain why it looks that why or why he made it look like that?

oooh
why are the drive bays black?
they seem to stand out, and not fit in with the lighter color case
that's just how im seeing it could you explain why it looks that why or why he made it look like that?

Because the contrast looks nice.

which page is your case on kronchev?
too many pages to browse through
and damn that is alot of money to go into the case

previous page

and i didnt spend that much on my whole computer, thats my point. all together, with my WC, my lian li, all the stuff in it, it was easily under $1000, probabily under 900. if i didnt have to go to sleep (early morning) id price it out exactly

Originally posted by DaveX
Because the contrast looks nice.

pretty much

i like it how it looks like that, i like complimentary contrast. i just got a black and white graphical LCD from my friend, once I build a negative voltage generator for it (thats gonna suck, no matter how easy it is, i havent soldered for months) im gonna figure out where to put it.

Could you try to communicate in another thread?
This is a sticky and is just for pics of watercooled systems.

My rig,

plexon-backview.JPG

plexon-insides2.JPG

plexon-topview.JPG

more pics at http://www.pbase.com/plexon3/inbox

My specs:

P4 2.6C
2X256MB OCZ 3700 gold
Radeon 9800 pro

Initial Results:

3.25G at 1.525v
AMBIENT - 36deg
Idle - 39deg
Full load - 43deg

3.4g at 1.725v
Ambient - 37deg
Idle - 40deg
Full load - 46deg

Wow...If I'm not mistaken you have a lot of quick disconnects. Thinking about bringing it to a LAN? :D

2 pumps eh? Acording to sources of pumbers, a 45 and 90% less flow loss then a 90. You gota hell of a lot of 90's. I like the ribbed tubing. Looks like drunking straws but i can see metal in them too.

Devildude, thanks dude!

DaveX, the quickconnects are there so I can easily disconnect it and perform maintenance (like changing the water) on the cooling box. Nah, I dont go to LAN parties. :)

nightanole,
2 pumps coz it has two independent loops. One for the cpu, one for the gpu and nb. I used the 90deg elbows because the clearflex tubing was putting a lot of stress on the nb hooks (might rip it out) and the vidcard. I initially didnt use the 90deg elbows but after hearing nb hooks being ripped out, i had to live with them just to be on the safe side. Anyways, my max overclock on the gpu wasnt affected at all.

There are two types of tubing in the box. One with embedded wire to keep it from kinking/collapsing but its very hard to handle because of the stiffness. The accordion/ribbed type is very easy to handle (also doesnt kink) and doesnt have metal in it.

SD,
I bought it here it Manila, Philippines. Its just like clearflex with embedded wires. I'd go for the clearflex though, easier to install and not as stiff.

No offense intended, but that system is a great example of why people should research wc extensively before spending $ on parts.

* The system would be much less complicated, cheaper, and perform at least as well with one serial loop for all three blocks. The temperature difference between the hottest and coolest parts of a modern watercooling loop is seldom over 1C.

* The use of numerous 90 degree fittings and restrictive ribbed tubing must have a huge affect on the net flowrate of the system.

* The system uses a huge box, but fails to use it as an air tunnel for the radiators, and instead has 120mm fans mounted directly without even small shrouds.

* Despite using a huge box, two small and expensive BIX IIs are used. One or two much larger and cheaper heatercores would perform much better.

* There are filters on both the intake and exhaust of the external box.

Giblet Plus!

No offense taken bro. :)

* The system would be much less complicated, cheaper, and perform at least as well with one serial loop for all three blocks. The temperature difference between the hottest and coolest parts of a modern watercooling loop is seldom over 1C.
- i like it better this way. :p

* The use of numerous 90 degree fittings and restrictive ribbed tubing must have a huge affect on the net flowrate of the system.
- i initially didnt use 90deg fittings. I just noticed the stress it was putting on northbridge hooks. Instead of risking them being ripped out, i used the 90's instead. Didnt affect my gpu overclock at all. Sure they slow down flowrate but in this system, performance wasnt compromised.

* The system uses a huge box, but fails to use it as an air tunnel for the radiators, and instead has 120mm fans mounted directly without even small shrouds.
- I did use any 120mm fan. There is a twin blower that uses the shell of 4 120mm fans as a shroud. :)

* Despite using a huge box, two small and expensive BIX IIs are used. One or two much larger and cheaper heatercores would perform much better.
- there are no heatercores available here in the Philippines. :(

* There are filters on both the intake and exhaust of the external box.
- those on the exhaust are not for filtering. they are mesh fan guards to protect the radiator grills.

Well you are prolly one rich SOB pronto hehe:D:D I grew up there and didn't know that there are stores that sells that kind of stuff. I'm still building my box but it'll be finished soon.

devildude,
Surplus stores keep the costs down. There's an overclocking store here that opened a couple of years ago. Thats where I got some of the stuff. Besides, gardening accessories arent that expensive. ;)

Watercooling is catching on here. Especially with the heat of summer!

I'd really like to see your setup as soon as its finished. Goodluck!:)

Originally posted by nightanole
Its a custom unit, cost about $40 to have all the pieces precut. Its kinda cool to work with. Its got this solvent that only activates were the 2 peices meet. Then it fuses the plastic together just at the joint and it turns into one piece of plastic when the solvent is gone.

The radiator is 399090 from the 70's gm pickups. I Guess its what every one is using for the dual 120mm setups. Its got 3/4 ends, so i used the stock 3/4 ends from the aqua and using 3/4 tubing from the resiwoir to the pump, and the pump to the radiator.

Its called "weld-ON" right! that stuff kicks major ass, i now do alot of work with acrilic and that stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back