Post your watercooled systems HERE! Pics, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Benny Blanco
Do you still have it? If so, post another pic, I bet it looks like a fruitcake by now :p

lol, don't quite believe that that used to be an orange, wanna see more pics as well :-o

eh, it's just cookies

IMG_1837g.jpg

LOL I thought the guy that posted the original pic was the one who said it was an orange... LMAO

I DID IT ALL FOR THE COOKIE.... COME ON... THE COOKIE... COME ON.. THe CoOkie.... :p

well you guys remember me doing this:
1copy.jpg

Well i decided to take it a step further and do something i dont think ive seen anyone do so far. Stick a dual car heatercore in a mid aluminum tower. I still have to do the wiring and what not, but its basically done. Even have a 1' shroud between the heatercore and the top of the case. Fans are pulling btw.
Decided to get rid of the res and go with a tee line.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

works much much better than having that dual 80 black ice micro, my idle temps have dropped about 3-4c, and my load only increases about 2-3c.

Here is a few pics of my water rig....

Pics of Epox 8K7A+ (new board 8RDA3+), Athlon 2Ghz @2.4Ghz... Its more of a home server nowadays than anything.

Water Box

bustercaps you might wanna sort out your sig, rules start ten lines max, i count yours at 11

Originally posted by fr33ze
bustercaps you might wanna sort out your sig, rules start ten lines max, i count yours at 11

well spank him and send him to bed without supper then:rolleyes:

Any body know of some quiet 120mm fans? It seems the 33db fans i have are really really loud and groany at 5v, and sould like hair dryers at full tilt. How about then aluminum ones? i would hate to go back to 80mm, but at $14 and up per pop i cant experiment too much.

Originally posted by nightanole
Any body know of some quiet 120mm fans? It seems the 33db fans i have are really really loud and groany at 5v, and sould like hair dryers at full tilt. How about then aluminum ones? i would hate to go back to 80mm, but at $14 and up per pop i cant experiment too much.

Vantec Stealths rebadged

I have no complaints. I have authentic Stealths and these re-labled ones and they are identical in every way except the label.
Shipping was quick also.

PC-Toys seems to be a "chain-store" brand of Vantec's.

I've seen Nexus fan controllers being sold right next to teh exact same vantec labelled unit and the PC-Toys one is often the cheaper of the two.

Makes little to no sense to me, but oh well...I guess Vantec ran out of ideas so it's now competing with itself :rolleyes:

Looking good M3at, but it looks like the far hose (right) on the Water block is a little crimped? Or is that just how it looks? Other than that, looks exceptional!

Originally posted by IYIENACE
Vantec Stealths rebadged

I have no complaints. I have authentic Stealths and these re-labled ones and they are identical in every way except the label.
Shipping was quick also.

Gees thanks to you i got 3 6 buck fans and 80 in junk. oh well 3 bucks a cathode ant bad considering there 20 local:)

Originally posted by Bustercaps
Looking good M3at, but it looks like the far hose (right) on the Water block is a little crimped? Or is that just how it looks? Other than that, looks exceptional!

Yes the far right one is kinked. :( I don't have the money for some tygon hoses yet, so these are cheap vinly ones. Any info on where to get some tygon for a good price would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by nightanole
Gees thanks to you i got 3 6 buck fans and 80 in junk. oh well 3 bucks a cathode ant bad considering there 20 local:)

eh? What happened you get carried away? :D

Originally posted by M3at
Yes the far right one is kinked. :( I don't have the money for some tygon hoses yet, so these are cheap vinly ones. Any info on where to get some tygon for a good price would be much appreciated.

what? material doesnt matter at all, its the wall that matters.

The only tubing I could find in hardware stores around here was cheap vinly with thin walls. It's starting to kink real good now. Good thing my new tubing has arrived today.! I'm going to move my heater core up top and put my drive bay back in.

Fun stuff!

Vinyl tends to hold kinks more than other types of tubing...it also is very stiff, so many would prefer clearflex or expecially tygon due to the added ease of use.

Of course silicone beats tygon for flexibility hand down...but some people like clear tubing :)

tubplug.jpg

newtubes.jpg

My new tubing. Got rid of the resivor. not enough room in the case and I didn't want to put the heatercore up top.

I'm still trying to determine if I should have 2 fans on that heatercore. what is teh optimal cooling method? Right now the fan is sucking air from the front of the case through the heatercore into the case. SHould I put another fan on the otherside of teh heater core, sucking more air in?

My temps aren't that good either, but I do have this mobile at 1.95vcore and 2600mhz.

I'm still trying to determine if I should have 2 fans on that heatercore. what is teh optimal cooling method? Right now the fan is sucking air from the front of the case through the heatercore into the case. SHould I put another fan on the otherside of teh heater core, sucking more air in?

My temps aren't that good either, but I do have this mobile at 1.95vcore and 2600mhz.

if its a single fan heatercore, one in one out is best. if its a dual heatercore, two sucking is best

I've got some 'work in progress' thats using a windtunnel style design thats supposedly the best mothod for getting air through your rad. check it out at this thread if you want...

here

would look cooler if you did the power and reset switches in black...
and stealth mod the cd drive...

Originally posted by orkan
i agree and you can hardly notice your blow hole error. :p

Originally posted by orkan

you know what i was just thinking about the power switches. last i saw those were retardily expensive though :(

im not a fan of stealth drives. it really looks a lot better IRL, the flash brings out tons of imperfections

jwill: good to know :D im still getting some alum tape and figuring out how to make it look brushed

Originally posted by kronchev
jwill: good to know :D im still getting some alum tape and figuring out how to make it look brushed

Maybe it would look good to use that Carbon Foil? If you'd do the whole top with it, i think that would look good. Just an idea :D

not a bad idea...

I think the stuff is called "carbon look" or something... and wrap the top section in it. Since you could wrap it around the edges, and hide the cuts under the side pannels... it would look pretty sic!

Originally posted by Crazy_Seb
Maybe it would look good to use that Carbon Foil? If you'd do the whole top with it, i think that would look good. Just an idea :D

you mean the fake carbon fiber stuff? thats really...ricey :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back