Post your watercooled systems HERE! Pics, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne001

Limp Gawd
i have hte swiftech 8501 setup. I'm getting like 43-47 degrees with it on my 2.6c (not overclocking) and it's NOT quiet. it's set up to spec..on an antec tru controll 55W. I have the chipset cooler in place. is there anything special i should have done with it to make it quieter? without any bubbles in the circuit, how can you tell the water's actually moving? i'll try and upload pics tonight when i get home from work.

Here we go. My specs are in the signature. forgive the photography. I was borrowing a camera that I'm not really so good at working.

Here's my baby without me bothering to clear the junk off of her. I often output to the rather old 27" sony for watching divx files:
DCP_0181.JPG

front door open:
DCP_0182.JPG

side view (swiftech usesa greenish water/antifreeze solution which prevents copper corrosion and bacteria/baddies fromliving in the stream. There is no reservoir)
DCP_0183.JPG

I had to install the fill and bleed kit to the top of the case because i have no free 5.25" bays open. it's at the highest point in my case and not very cramped. When I install the second radiator I'm going to have to reposition everything. I think I'll point the nozzles seen below toward either the drives or the PSU.
DCP_0184.JPG

Below is a close up. As you can see I've got the chipset cooled as well. I'm running an AIW 8500 as my vid card so it doesn't really benefit or require watercooling. Once I upgrade to whatever ATI's next big thing is, I'll look into adding vga cooling to a dual radiator setup.

DCP_0187.JPG

Below ish te pump. It's not secureed to the case right now, so it vibrates a heck of a lot. The thing seems louder than the 21b it claims to be....but I have no concrete way of testing that. I'm worried about it though, since my cpu sits betwen 43 and 56 degrees celcuis -- i think it may not be pumping as much water as it should. It's only 3 months old...not sure what I should do about replacing it. Suggestions are welcome.

DCP_0189.JPG

here's a random look at the case, closed. I replaced the thermaltake default device with a cooldrive 4. I've also changed the characteristic red plates to black for a colder look than is normal. Not sure what I want to do about the XASER logo. Again, suggestions are welcome.

The machine's tentative name is "Adamantium," but I like "Cylon" as well. If anyone knows of a good BLUE water coolant I'd love a PM about where I can get my hands on it. Green makes me ill.

DCP_0191.JPG

hey guys, my name is self explanitory. I just want to know where is the best place to get a system like that ... and how much they running for. Great job guys they all look freakin sweet.:) and o yea where do u get the thermal stuff that glows?

thanks blindv, took a little bit to find the right spot for these uv lights... worked out better than I expected :)

NEWBE-

I used a UV radiator leak detector (for cars), it's called "interdynamics flourescent leak detector dye". I had to do a little searching, but I found it at a local pepboys. Cost 7 bucks for 2 one oz bottles, I used a capfull (virtually nothing) to make it glow like that - I have a supply to last my life time lol :D

Just call up and ask for a uv dye for detecting leaks in radiators/coolant systems at any auto store (pepboys/strauss/autoworld) - otherwise, there are places online, usually places that sell watercooling equipment that sell their own variation of this.

Ralph: you mounted your res on the top fan mound on your thermaltake case? great idea, you have any more pic of that setup? like more inside pictures, i needa rethink my setup on mine

Originally posted by ex247
Ralph: you mounted your res on the top fan mound on your thermaltake case? great idea, you have any more pic of that setup? like more inside pictures, i needa rethink my setup on mine

hey, sorry for the delay... been working :eek:

I'm not sure what you mean, but here are some clear(er) pictures:

cleanfull.jpg

cleanrad.jpg

cleancloseupjpg.jpg

cdbayfans.jpg

Originally posted by Raph
hey, sorry for the delay... been working :eek:

I'm not sure what you mean, but here are some clear(er) pictures:

what rad is that?

Originally posted by rayman2k2
I thought the pro core was too wide to fit in an Antec clone?!?!

well, someone lied to you.. look at the pics above ;p

well, someone lied to you.. look at the pics above ;p

lol, yup!

do you think there would be room to install a HDD rack in the bay(s) that the heatercore sits in front of?

Originally posted by rayman2k2
lol, yup!

do you think there would be room to install a HDD rack in the bay(s) that the heatercore sits in front of?

I dont see why not, I still have two more inches that I could move the rad towards the powerslupply.. there's ample space.

I dont see why not, I still have two more inches that I could move the rad towards the powerslupply.. there's ample space.

hmmm...thanks!

Originally posted by Giblet Plus!
Um, why is the radiator both intaking and exhausting air from the case? And why is the fan mounted on the inside of the shroud?

Jeez, cutting up your case isn't the scary.

I have air pulling from through the radiator, and i have the top fan exhausting.

The fan is inside the shroud because it wouldnt fit otherwise. I didnt want to cut up my case since I do not have the tools to do the job correctly, and a) i'm not about to do it half ass b) my temps are very good and stable at this point :eek:

I play to mout the radiator up top, remove the fan that came with the case and cut a hole for the 120mm fan somepoint down the road.

why would you wantoto throw the RAD up on top of opti drives like that--i mean, most people dont use that many 5.25 bays but killing 2 of them is seriously undesirable. and with all those fans running, the noise would rule out half hte advantage of watercooling. i notice your using swiftech--why not use the fill+bleed apparatus that keeps you from having the reservior problem (evaporation and re-filling). Plainly, i don't get the 'logic' behind that setup.

Originally posted by dwayne001
why would you wantoto throw the RAD up on top of opti drives like that--i mean, most people dont use that many 5.25 bays but killing 2 of them is seriously undesirable. and with all those fans running, the noise would rule out half hte advantage of watercooling. i notice your using swiftech--why not use the fill+bleed apparatus that keeps you from having the reservior problem (evaporation and re-filling). Plainly, i don't get the 'logic' behind that setup.

First off, it's not ontop of the optical drive. Furthermore, the noise level is MUCH lower then what it was before, along with my temperatures.

Just because it does not make sense to you, doesn't mean it doesnt work ;)

Picture_047.jpg

Picture_046.jpg

Picture_049.jpg

When I posted these on oc forums, my lack of hose clamps
was questioned(which is understandable). I only put ties
on the areas where there was not a complete seal. Anything
without a clamp is 5/8 inch. There was originally supposed
to be a dd chipset block, but it wouldn't cooperate. I wish
the is7 had mounting holes instead of the brackets that it has.
My max oc was 3.4 with a fsb of 284 at 1.7v, but I feel safer at
3.3 at 1.6v.

I kept myself sane over the summer by constructing / modifying this oddity.

First, an overall view of the entire system. The case is a modified YY-cube, and the enclosure on top contains the heatercore. The heatercore was too small to handle twin 120mm fans, so I designed a shroud that would handle the fans, while still fitting onto the heatercore. Ugly, but effective. The odd contraption to the right is a high capacity external reservoir.

Dacube.jpg

Here is an up-close shot of the guts of the machine.

closecube.jpg

And I still feel like it needs work, even though it functions perfectly well.

EDIT: VILLAGE PHOTOS SEEMS TO SUCK AT HOSTING IMAGES

just use your computer as your hot water heater! hook up the in pipe to the water line and take showers with the out pipe

soembodys got some $$, damn, thats nice. Awesome work on stuffing it all into that little cube!!!

WOW......

Just WOW.....

I hope you make a site about that, fitting all that gear into a little cube is hard stuff. What was the improvement over stock if I may ask?

setup1.JPG

setup2.JPG

setup3.JPG

case.JPG

case2.JPG

Yes, it is ghetto rigged on but it works :D
radiator.JPG

Temps. are at 35c idle and 37c load so I guess I am happy.

No overclocking, just pure silence.

zygoat.. you are my hero.. amazing.. best shuttle WC mod i've ever seen

i'll take some decent pics of mine tonight or tomorrow and upload some here in the next day or two...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back