Post your watercooled systems HERE! Pics, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by blindviper
nice
just ran the numbers on that radiator and its dissipates 550 watts
the BIX2 does about 1800 watts I dont think im gonna change rads

yes, but the BIX2 constricts half of the flow...and when exactly will you put a 18 Prescott CPUs on a BIX2? That number seems a bit fabricated if you ask me.

Originally posted by blindviper
nice
just ran the numbers on that radiator and its dissipates 550 watts
the BIX2 does about 1800 watts I dont think im gonna change rads

Come on man. BillA's testing vs HWlabs propoganda specs.

Originally posted by DeViLdUdE
Can you post some specs semicycle:D

(6) Delta WFBM Fans
Thermochill 120.3 Radiator
Morphling1 MK4 cpu Waterblock
Dangerden Intel z-chip Chipset block
Dangerden Maze4 GPU Waterblock
Ehiem 1250 pump
1/2" Clearflex tubing and Zerex racing coolant
Criticool Res
(2) Vantec 3.5 bay fan controllers

Lian Li-PC-75
CrystalFontz 634 LCD
2.4C at 3216 (268FSB) (looking for 2.8E or 3.0c)
Radeon 9800Pro @ (470/372)
OCZ 3500 Basic memory (holding me back)
SB Audigy 1
Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-250 (HARDWARE ENCODING) :)
(2) 120GB SATA WD drives in RAID 0
External 40GB drive in USB2.0 cage
LG 16X DVD
AOPEN 40X Burner

I ask wilbert fromm hwlabs to send me the testing specs i will check out the pdf he sent me went i get home

another pic.
2.jpg

For those of you asking about UV reactive/glowing barbs, FrozenCPU has some for sale. (Might have to use the menu to get there if the link screws up. Just go to the "fittings" section).

I'm currently bleeding my first watercooled setup. Will post pics sometime this week.

Originally posted by daewalkr
another pic.
The angle of the first pic, that reservoir really really looked like a cpu waterblock... lol

Nice rig btw. How many hard drives/total storage? System specs? :cool:

Benny, my photography skills aren't legendary.
rest of specs:
sys drive: 2 puppy raptors in raid 0
multimedia: 2 160 seagates in raid 0
apps & stuff: 60 gb out of a dell
true control 550, aiw 9800 pro, audigy 2 zs gamer, dell 2000fp,
klipsch promedia 5.1, logitech 700 & ratpadz gs + mouse wax,
2 cd burner( one a dvd), 2 4 ch fan controllers.

Hydro 005.jpg

Specs:
AMD 3000+ Barton
1024 Samsung Ram (For Now =D)
2 WD Raptor 10,000 RPM Drive
1 WD 120 Gig
ATI 9800 Pro
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
40x Cd Burner
16x DVD Rom

kalifornia909 i wouldn't be too dissapointed with that samsumg ram you got, if its original ram with either tccc or tcc4 chips then i think you'll find it overclocks pretty dam well, i've had mine running upto 260fsb

Originally posted by Darw1N
crazy_cube_5.jpg

I have the same Dan mag pump, anyone know how the guy got glowing barbs? The only ones i could find at were metal at home depot. One of you guys knows where I could get plastic 1/2in to 1/2in ones? Metal to plastic didnt mix well and i had to load on the teflon tape =]

OMG that's so nice. :D

vudoo, arne't you [h]ard?
make your own window lol.

silverstones are nice cases.

A while back I posted some pics of the Evercool WC-201 watercooling kit that I had reviewed and was using. A couple of mods later, here it is again.

Original:

watercooling.jpg

Latest mod:

wc201ext1.jpg

wc201ext2.jpg

wc201ext3.jpg

wc201ext4.jpg

wc201ext5.jpg

Changes from the original design:

Aerocool StormJugger X-Flow 80mm fan with control (had it from a review)
Aerocool Chameleon 80mm fan(on top of external unit) - another review fan
Tygon R-3603 1/4" ID 1/2" OD tubing - purchased (~$1/ft)
External 5 1/4" drive bay - purchase (~$25)

Also want to note that the WC-201 retails for ~$85 USD if you can find someone who is selling it.

So for ~$150 you can set this up, which really isn't too bad.

It's not what you call a DIY watercooling and it's not going to break any records for cooling, but it actually performs much better than the stock setup and it was fun to do. It also performs about 10C better than air cooling (comparing against a Thermaltake Silentboost K8 and a Titan AMD64 copper/aluminum HSF).

Not to be rude, but that kit just seems a bit too janky for me...is the pump even powerful enough to move that water?

First off, it was a free kit that we did a review on. Secondly, yes the pump is powerful enough and is moving water just fine. No, it's not the best watercooling kit around, I never made it out to be. I'm not saying anyone should run out and do what I did. I just wanted to show something that I put together just for the heck of it. My modification does aid in the cooling abilities of the unit. Until I get around to putting together a proper watercooling setup this will suffice. :)

Yeah, I just was wondering how the pump handled everything because I read that those pumps suck in those little kits, but that's good that it works good.

Hehe, well, the pump isn't exactly going to empty your sump hole... It's rated at 250ML/min which is really weak. It moves fast enough I think if you watch it flow through the tubes. I'm not saying anyone should jump out and buy this kit and do what I did. I figured since I had it I would have some fun with it... :) Gave me a project to work on while things have been kinda dead lately.

what pump would you recommend for a DangerDen RBX water block?

I'm thinking a Danner Mag3

very nice Zec! i gave your loop the evil eye and it looks rightous.
have you tried anything above 3.9. also what rbx nozz are you
using.

i have tried about 3.9 and no i but on the vcore i have only gone up to 1.675.

the nozzle i didn't change anything so what ever it came with.

water.JPG

Well im doing a test run tonight. Im use the aqua 1300, is this thing sopost to be quiet? My non water cooled pc is farly quiet and i can hear the pump above all the case fans.

Originally posted by nightanole
water.JPG

Well im doing a test run tonight. Im use the aqua 1300, is this thing sopost to be quiet? My non water cooled pc is farly quiet and i can hear the pump above all the case fans.

Hey... did you custom build that acrylic box or its just an existing aquarium then you modded it?? and what kind of radiator is that??

Originally posted by DeViLdUdE
Hey... did you custom build that acrylic box or its just an existing aquarium then you modded it?? and what kind of radiator is that??

Its a custom unit, cost about $40 to have all the pieces precut. Its kinda cool to work with. Its got this solvent that only activates were the 2 peices meet. Then it fuses the plastic together just at the joint and it turns into one piece of plastic when the solvent is gone.

The radiator is 399090 from the 70's gm pickups. I Guess its what every one is using for the dual 120mm setups. Its got 3/4 ends, so i used the stock 3/4 ends from the aqua and using 3/4 tubing from the resiwoir to the pump, and the pump to the radiator.

Originally posted by Wiseguy2001
Talk about top heavy - you are very brave to put that on top of your computer.

that's what i was thinkin! why so large??? looks like you have a large amount of empty space in there

Originally posted by lukeh182
that's what i was thinkin! why so large??? looks like you have a large amount of empty space in there

I really dont have much extra space. I have no 45/90's in the design. I have 1" or less of clearance in any direction.

Ya shes heavy. While i was designing i measured wrong so i have a 3 gallon tank instead of a 3/4 gallon tank. Its amazing how much 3" adds to the holding capacity of the tank. Well shes got 2 gallons in her now and its no longer foaming since the return line is underwater now. On the bright side i now got the ocean wave effect when looking up into it.

So for revision 2, subtract 3" from tank, and peel more film away before glueing.

Heh, you better brace the underside of that res. Brace it well. Having 3 gallons all over the floor or worse is going to suck in ways you'd never imagine, and not in a good way.

Originally posted by nightanole

For complete silence, do the impeller mod.

Originally posted by mustang_steve
Heh, you better brace the underside of that res. Brace it well. Having 3 gallons all over the floor or worse is going to suck in ways you'd never imagine, and not in a good way.

Its only 2 gallons, 1/4" plexi for 2 gallons. Goto the diy aquarium forums and everyone will tell you its extreme over kill. Hell they get away with 2 foot tall setups that hold 55 gallons or more and use 3/8", the standard is 1/2" for that size. I also did a knock over test. its easier to knock over the pc without the water tank, then to knock over the water tank and the pc. Alot of the weight is centered so its not really top heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back