Post your UPS,surge protection, battery backup

secure.boy

Limp Gawd
mine:
C226AF1B912684BF5E16A7E8D14E993B.jpg

waiting for another one

Belkin.jpg

I have2 of these Belkin 1500VA units...They are big and powerful..:p

Six APC Smart-UPS 1400 VA units, 4 desktop types, 2 rackmount versions that I've modified to run off of a bank of 4 48AH batteries each. It can run a 1 KW load for about 4 hours or so all together.

It's what's inside that counts:

Belkin 375VA backup (the computer crasher). 2 of the MOVs (green disks, next to
boxy yellow capacitor) look suspiciously like ceramic capacitors.
I hope my suspicion is wrong.
2067393081_7b6d306053_b.jpg

APC/Conext 300CNB. Lots more parts inside than the Belkin has:
162537931_d0f3530ec3_o.jpg

APC/Conext CNB325. What makes you think I own cheap furniture?
163833271_c6978a0379_o.jpg

APC BK300C. Old, but the battery is still good:
162537932_ea1be2a004_o.jpg

Inside each battery:
2264491925_3f1af280e5.jpg

On my PC: Opti-UPS ES1500C. 1400VA, 980W. Inside looks JUST LIKE a Powercom if I had to say who I thought built it.

On my wife's PC: Powercom Imperial Digital 1500VA. Nice little digital display... too bad it's hiding behind a bunch of crap and you can't see it.

Daughter's machine: Cyberpower CP550SL 550VA/330W. Yeah, it's only a standby UPS and it doesn't do jack when the power browns out, but it's built like a tank and my daughter's machine is only on for about an hour a week.

My entertainment system is on some Patriot UPS that is so old, it was a close out at Buy.com back in 1999!!!! IT STILL WORKS! Replaced the battery back in 2002 or so. They don't make this unit anymore.

Mine

http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BR1200&total_watts=200

I have an extra one, I got two, one for the PC, one for my saltwater reef tank to run the water pumps and the heater in the event of a power failure. Unfortunately magnetic drive pumps such as the MagDrive pumps commonly used for water cooling PC's are not compatible with UPS's that use a stepped sine wave for power output on the battery....

it's nice though because it has adjustable power tolerances, so you can control how fast the over/under current clamps and switches to battery to protect things

I have a 4+ year old APC ES 725 back-up ups on my computer set up. The battery should now be replaced and I have one standing by.
There is also an APC J-15 power conditioner and ups that stands guard over my ht equipment. Since I live in SW Florida that baby has saved me a couple of projector bulbs. Switch to battery from line power can probably be measured in microseconds. Never a hiccup.
APC has earned my trust.
Scratch-

IMG_0440.jpg

In picture From left to right
1500VA, 1000VA,1500VA with extra batt, 1250VA, 1250VA

Not pictured:
2 Tripp-Lite 1000VA
1 APC 1100VA PRO

One each. All APC.

Back-UPS 350 (work PC)
Back-UPS 750 (son's PC)
BR800BLK (wife's PC)
Smart UPS 750 (embroidery machine)

PRO8TV (xbox360, surround sound, 50" plasma, cable box, VCR)

Got an old Conext CNB900 that i recently got a replacement battery for, it was only $40 shipped I think. I picked it up originally maybe 5 years ago at compusa with a rediculously huge rebate that I actually got :D Currently supporting my file server and main pc, I think I'll need a new one soon for the main pc and retire this one for file server/networking equip only...

HPIM1659.jpg

@ The bottom of the rack 2200VA cost me $20 used. Batteries are still good. Its an old pic, but not too much has changed but the room its in.

I also had (until last week) 2 APC UPS 620s. One just died after i had it uplugged for a week. Died as in it wont turn on when i plug it in. It makes an annoying high pitched squeel. The other was too weak to handle my PS3 and my 18" monitor. Everytime someone turns a vacuum cleaner on in ANY room of the house it would crap it self. I sold it to my friend for $10. they both cost me $20 each used about 3 years ago :D

APC Back-UPS SE 550. battery backup for this PC, normal surge outlet for other PC. got it for i think $30 from a circuit city clearence last summer

APC Back UP XS800

Belkin 330W

Some cheap ass 400va Mustek brand or something

I got tons of these on my fish tanks, all are APC 750VA's (black squarish ones)

I need one for my comp tho :S

trip lite 800va on top of a 75ah gel cell. only mod i did was putting a small fan in the back since runtime is longer than 8 minutes now lol.

I have a Back Ups Pro 1100. Batteries have gone out on it. The batteries got stuck when I was removing them tonight. They seem to have bulged a lot.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

I also have some off brand 1000VA UPS that needs a battery, lasts about 30 seconds now.

All APC:
2x Back-ups RS 1500VA
2x Back-ups RS 800 VA
1 Smart-ups 1000 VA

I've got to give 2 big thumbs up to APC.
I emailed them about the unit to see if there are any test procedures to do before I order a set of batteries for the unit, just in case the unit is dead, I didn't want to be stuck with $100 worth of batteries.
Well, I got a response from them yesterday asking for shipping and contact info and replied back.
Today I get an email from them saying that they are shipping me a new unit and to put the old unit in the box and send it in.

I emailed them about the unit to see if there are any test procedures to do before I order a set of batteries for the unit, just in case the unit is dead, I didn't want to be stuck with $100 worth of batteries.
Well, I got a response from them yesterday asking for shipping and contact info and replied back.
Today I get an email from them saying that they are shipping me a new unit and to put the old unit in the box and send it in.
post pics then you have it

Well, APC was quick with the replacement.
FedEx just dropped it off a few minutes ago.
It's a Back Ups RS 1200VA (780Watt)
006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Got it hooked up and loaded the software. Shows how much load I am using.
this is my Main rig.
apc.jpg

I just have a belkin surgemaster maximum surge protector :)

but hey, i'm no techie. I just bought a computer to play games.

Well, APC was quick with the replacement.
FedEx just dropped it off a few minutes ago.
It's a Back Ups RS 1200VA (780Watt)
006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Got it hooked up and loaded the software. Shows how much load I am using.
this is my Main rig.
apc.jpg

i know right!! i love mine! i can see that upgrading from a 8600GT to a 8800GTS made my power draw increase from 150W to 210W at idle, at load it's around 304W !!

also make sure you adjust the sensitivity setting of the power filter, it comes set at the middle setting by default, i set mine to the tighter setting and at least once a day i get a message that my UPS has done it's job and "recovered from a power outage", when all it was was the voltage at the outlet fell below or went above the range, which means it's been protecting my equipment already

APC Back-UPS XS 1300

apcbx1300ig9.jpg

I have a dead Belkin 1500va sitting here next to me that is a POS and couldn't take more then 40% load when it worked. No more Belkin UPS for me ever again, APC from here on out.

APC Back-UPS XS 1300

apcbx1300ig9.jpg

I have a dead Belkin 1500va sitting here next to me that is a POS and couldn't take more then 40% load when it worked. No more Belkin UPS for me ever again, APC from here on out.

How do you like that APC one? We're going to get that one for our Matrox Editing suite. I wonder what the difference is between the 1200 I have and that 1300, beside the LCD and shape. That 1300 is $159 at Office Depot while my 1200 is $194.

A very old APC Back Ups 400.
I was given it as a dead unit years back so changed the battery and it has served me well since.
Its primary uses are to keep the PC from being killed by mains surges and to keep it running during the surges.

This year so far I have spotted over 10 power outages, most of them were very fast on/off mains which can be hazardous to a PC.
Everything still works wonderfully, job done.

How do you like that APC one? We're going to get that one for our Matrox Editing suite. I wonder what the difference is between the 1200 I have and that 1300, beside the LCD and shape. That 1300 is $159 at Office Depot while my 1200 is $194.

I like it, the LCD is pretty useful. You don't have to turn your computer on and look at the Powerchute software to get information like: load %, how many watts your system is pulling, and input & output voltage. It has 2 or 3 other things it displays on the lcd you can cycle through, but I've never found them to be useful, but they are there if you want them. It has 6 battery backup outlets, 2 surge outlets, runs cool/quiet, never had a problem with it. Mine was $100-$110 at Office Depot a year ago, they run deals every few months on them.

WOW thats customer service... how old was your unit? NOt new I'm guessing by the state of the batteries :confused:

WOW thats customer service... how old was your unit? NOt new I'm guessing by the state of the batteries :confused:

About 4 years old. I too was surprised with their customer service. The thought of them just sending me a new unit never crossed my mind. I figured I would have just had to either toss the unit or send it to them to get repaired and would have had to pay. I am a very happy APC customer.

Back