Post your "Stable" ATI 5870 OC

SixFootDuo

Supreme [H]ardness
XFX ATI 5870

using the auto tune feature.

890 / 1300 45% fan

Temp is 74 under 95% load.

No issues with several newer titles running over the last two days for hours at a time

I wasn't overclocking but on default settings with the side cover off my full tower case.

Was getting texture video corruptions from over heating. I had to manual tweak the fan higher % to remove the issue. This is my first new videocard where this has happened on factory default settings. Not impressed and I'm certainly not going to bother overclocking it.

I wasn't overclocking but on default settings with the side cover off my full tower case.

Was getting texture video corruptions from over heating. I had to manual tweak the fan higher % to remove the issue. This is my first new videocard where this has happened on factory default settings. Not impressed and I'm certainly not going to bother overclocking it.

its probably defective, id return it for a new one

More than likely the HS is not on the chip properly, one way or another, or a defective gpu, the card should run easily at ~85c at load, with more to spare.

Return it for replacmenet

Is it on the desktop as well? My card was getting RAM failures on the desktop, turns out it was the drivers. I completely wiped all display drivers from my system and did a clean install of Cat 9.10 RC7 and it fixed the problem.

My current stable overclock is 900/1275. Card hard locks at 920MHz on the core and 1310MHz on the RAM. Once Rivatuner gets updated, I'm hoping to take the core to 1GHz :).

I just used the Auto-Tune feature in the driver, I haven't noticed any issues with gaming 890/1290

Back