Post your smartphone home screens

Sprint Galaxy S II (Epic 4G Touch)
[ ROM ] Calkulin's E4GT v2.6 [ EL26 l Fast l Tweaked l Battery Saver Script ]
[THEME][ACS]ICS Theme[12/21/11]Updated EL13 Love

It seems my widgets didn't update for this screenshot. Odd.. its fine now.

he4hD.png

K4c9F.png

SHIZ and criccio: You make me miss my E4GT so much. Why, Sprint, why must your service suck in Atlanta?

SHIZ and criccio: You make me miss my E4GT so much. Why, Sprint, why must your service suck in Atlanta?

Such a great phone. Kicks the crap out of the Galaxy Nexus in benchmarks, too. Samsung's Exynos's CPU's just plain rock.

Such a great phone. Kicks the crap out of the Galaxy Nexus in benchmarks, too. Samsung's Exynos's CPU's just plain rock.
If there were some way to make the E4GT work on Verizon, I'd buy one at full price. Best smart phone on the market, IMO.

It doesn't :confused:

Granted, I'm about a 20 minute drive out from the center, but my 4G is awesome.
It does where I live, in the Doraville-Chamblee-Brookhaven area. Calls drop all the time. Magnetik, one of the moderators on [H], has the same problem whenever he's around here.

Which doesn't make sense because it's the exact same CPU, just a different GPU. I'm guessing the benchmark apps need updated for ICS or something. Comparing GPUs is hard though because the G-Nex has to push significantly more pixels.

Which doesn't make sense because it's the exact same CPU, just a different GPU. I'm guessing the benchmark apps need updated for ICS or something. Comparing GPUs is hard though because the G-Nex has to push significantly more pixels.

they did put lower end CPU in there as well, you know, right? Originally, it was only supposed to be the gpu, but then they decided on CPU as well, not to mention the lower end camera. Display isn't super amoled plus, and it is pen tile. Side by side, I'd take epic touch display any day!

Nope. The Galaxy Nexus has a TI OMAP 4460 CPU and the PowerVR SGX540 GPU while the Galaxy S II is powered by a Samsung Exynos CPU and the Mali-400MP GPU. Yes, both CPU's are Cortex A9's but use them both side by side.. the Samsung chipset is clearly superior.

The ONLY thing the Galaxy Nexus has going for it is display resolution.. that's it. Give me that display with the GSII internals and you have an epic phone.

Otherwise, the Galaxy S II variants stomp all over it.

they did put lower end CPU in there as well, you know, right? Originally, it was only supposed to be the gpu, but then they decided on CPU as well, not to mention the lower end camera. Display isn't super amoled plus, and it is pen tile. Side by side, I'd take epic touch display any day!

No, it's the same CPU. Cortex A9 @ 1.2 GHz on both phones. It's just a different SoC which means different GPUs (Mali 400 vs SGX 540 @ 384 MHz - as opposed to 300 MHz on the OMAP 4430s in the RAZR/Bionic/Droid3 and 200 MHz on the Galaxy S phones).

Different strokes. My co-worker has the E4GT. Side by side, yeah the SAOMLED+ looks a tad brighter and less grain, but the resolution diff is significant, esp. when browsing the web. It's a nice trade-off, but I think I prefer the higher res.

Nope. The Galaxy Nexus has a TI OMAP 4460 CPU and the PowerVR SGX540 GPU while the Galaxy S II is powered by a Samsung Exynos CPU and the Mali-400MP GPU. Yes, both CPU's are Cortex A9's but use them both side by side.. the Samsung chipset is clearly superior.

The ONLY thing the Galaxy Nexus has going for it is display resolution.. that's it. Give me that display with the GSII internals and you have an epic phone.

See above. It's the same CPU, I promise you I'm not making that up. Samsung did not make the CPU (like they did with the Hummingbird CPU in the Galaxy S phones). They made the SoC; which is the CPU/GPU combo on a single chip. Both of the OMAP 4 series SoC and Exynos 4210 SoCs in the GS2 variants use the same Cortex A9 CPU.

Edit: Check out all of the Cortex A9 implementations here. As you can see on the SoC overview, Samsung and Texas Instruments are listed as using the Cortex A9 CPU as part of their SoCs with their respective GPUs :).

Last edited:
Droid X running Liberty v3.0, WP Clock Live Wallpaper w/background, Go Launcher, Go Calendar Widget, Go Contacts widget not shown, Custom Text Icons by Me.
Pic 1 - Main Homescreen, Pic 2 - Main App Screen, Pic 3 - Widget Screen, Pic 4 - Calendar, Pic 5 - Lockscreen

i5Ho1UDyTqu9M.png
icDSsMdDrbNy7.png

iZlmqXm2kKV0M.png
iEgbrFqOlEqt9.png

ibvp59wSylHw5h.png

I posted a shot from my Samsung Vibrant earlier in the thread, but heres an update of it running a flawless ICS 4.0.3 derived from the Nexus S.... everything working perfectly with no lag or other issues... for an almost 2 year old phone, this thing is a beast, and will probably last me until Android 5.... when I'd bet the Nexus S will be dropped by Google....

Wallpaper: one of the default ICS ones
Launcher: Trebuchet (Cyanogenmod modified default launcher)

la53e.png

H5HAZ.png

Last edited:

Not nearly....

The CPU parts of each SoC are more or less equally matched, with the OMAP winning some tests, and the Exynos winning others.... look up benchmarks comparing the I9100 to the I9100G to see what I mean....

More significantly, a mainstream phone with an OMAP 4 with *solid developer support* has a gigantic advantage over a phone running the Exynos processor because of the open source drivers that TI released for the OMAP, something that is exceedingly rare for most SoC manufacturers these days....

Compiling future releases of Android for TI processors is almost trivial, and phones like the Galaxy Nexus and I9100G are in an excellent position to become extremely long lived phones because of this...

Samsung's Exynos chips are comparatively much, much harder for devs to work on, and as of right now, with almost 9 months or nonstop work, the problems with developing for the Exynos still haven't been solved.... at least by coders at cyanogen and the rest of XDA.... Sure there are AOSP builds for Exynos, but they are riddled with bugs and incomplete implementations....

Exynos may have comparatively better graphics performance (and not even that much better, the Galaxy Nexus' higher resolution hurt its standing in many synthetic benches...), but OMAP 4 is a chip that will live a long, long life in the development community. This may not always matter to some users however, so trading between graphics performance, and real, stable, and quick aftermarket support will be personally up to each individual buyer...

Even so, as it is, the Galaxy Nexus is the single best Android phone on the market at the moment. It has the best performance, an unmolested OS, and not only the guaranteed support of Google themselves, but a legion of aftermarket coders who have *real* tools to bring AOSP to it without relying on binary blobs for the SoC from the manufacturer to build new point releases...

Sprint Galaxy S II (Epic 4G Touch)
[ ROM ] Calkulin's E4GT v2.6 [ EL26 l Fast l Tweaked l Battery Saver Script ]
[THEME][ACS]ICS Theme[12/21/11]Updated EL13 Love

It seems my widgets didn't update for this screenshot. Odd.. its fine now.

he4hD.png

K4c9F.png

What background is that? That's awesome!

Not nearly....

The CPU parts of each SoC are more or less equally matched, with the OMAP winning some tests, and the Exynos winning others.... look up benchmarks comparing the I9100 to the I9100G to see what I mean....

More significantly, a mainstream phone with an OMAP 4 with *solid developer support* has a gigantic advantage over a phone running the Exynos processor because of the open source drivers that TI released for the OMAP, something that is exceedingly rare for most SoC manufacturers these days....

Compiling future releases of Android for TI processors is almost trivial, and phones like the Galaxy Nexus and I9100G are in an excellent position to become extremely long lived phones because of this...

Samsung's Exynos chips are comparatively much, much harder for devs to work on, and as of right now, with almost 9 months or nonstop work, the problems with developing for the Exynos still haven't been solved.... at least by coders at cyanogen and the rest of XDA.... Sure there are AOSP builds for Exynos, but they are riddled with bugs and incomplete implementations....

Exynos may have comparatively better graphics performance (and not even that much better, the Galaxy Nexus' higher resolution hurt its standing in many synthetic benches...), but OMAP 4 is a chip that will live a long, long life in the development community. This may not always matter to some users however, so trading between graphics performance, and real, stable, and quick aftermarket support will be personally up to each individual buyer...

Even so, as it is, the Galaxy Nexus is the single best Android phone on the market at the moment. It has the best performance, an unmolested OS, and not only the guaranteed support of Google themselves, but a legion of aftermarket coders who have *real* tools to bring AOSP to it without relying on binary blobs for the SoC from the manufacturer to build new point releases...

Excellent post! There's been a trend recently for oem's to unlock the bootloader, let's hope they start open sourcing their drivers too. On many phones, nothing really works 100% till the oem puts out an official build of their Android update, so that custom rom's can use the drivers.

My ONLY complaint about iPhone? I wish I could move my Calender icon to the right side of the screen. I'm at 7%, but I took my phone off the charger yesterday morning.

672eaa06.jpg

My ONLY complaint about iPhone? I wish I could move my Calender icon to the right side of the screen. I'm at 7%, but I took my phone off the charger yesterday morning.

672eaa06.jpg

theres a cydia tweak that'll let you do that if you're jailbroken

theres a cydia tweak that'll let you do that if you're jailbroken

I'm not, and don't want to be. After my whole Android fiasco I went back to iPhone for lack of shit to go wrong.

Moving the icon over to the right isn't a huge deal for me, it'd just look more pleasing. I won't be any less “productive” because it's there.

But thanks for the heads up.

Wait... you cant put the icons where you want them in iOS?

You can, but it auto-arranges and auto-aligns them from left to right, top to bottom. So in other words, you can't have a blank space in vanilla iOS.

Wait... you cant put the icons where you want them in iOS?

I could swap those two around and even put them on a different "page", but I can't leave spaces between two icons...they have to fill in from left to right in space 1, 2, 3, 4. I can't have an icon in space 1, have 2 and 3 blank, and an icon in 4.

If that makes sense.

Sometimes I wish I could start honest conversation about the two OS's around here, because I am honestly interested in certain aspects vs Android. But unfortunately thats not possible anymore.

just make another thread.....

Regardless of where on this forum it is, someone will take a discussion with any debate as a personal insult on them, and turn it into a pissing contest, shortly there after being locked. Everyone is so touchy now-days, old [H] was best [H].

Not nearly....

Now that you mention this, it seems to make sense why they chose the TI OMAP soc instead of the Exynos since this is supposed to be a developer phone.

Regardless of where on this forum it is, someone will take a discussion with any debate as a personal insult on them, and turn it into a pissing contest, shortly there after being locked. Everyone is so touchy now-days, old [H] was best [H].

It's not just here, but with Android people especially and I do have a Galaxy Nexus. Any criticism or suggestion that another way is better and you are a fanboy. Here the thread just becomes a cosign fest.

Mine sucks... LOL, but the droid melts into a puddle as the battery life drops...

Screenshot_2012-01-06-08-58-09.png

Man, all these awesome looking GN screens are making me wanna jump on board the same train with you.

New homescreen on my DInc 2

screenshot-1326041610380.png

lZhyp0Pn

Samsung Charge, Tweak Stock rom, Voodoo R&D Screen Tuning in bypass mode, ADW EX Launcher, Minimalistic Text widget.

Last edited:
Back