Post your security setups

Ryan711

[H]ard|Gawd
some people may call me paranoid, but ever since I've had this setup, I have never had a virus and almost no spyware at all(maybe 1-2 pieces every 3months or so, and I visit astalavista "like" sites in IE). So without further ado my security setup.

1. Regular MS wireless router with firewall turned off and mac address filtering since only one laptop uses wireless
2. Smoothwall box directly behind router, so anything on wireless doesnt have the smoothwall protection
3. Zone alarm free
4. Nod32 AV with full protection on
5. RegDefend
6. Process Guard
7. Worm guard
8. Prevx Pro 2005
9. spywareblaster
and of course all windows updates etc, etc. Ok guys lets see some people more paranoid than me.

Dlink Router firewall
AVG Free
Windows Firewall
Ad-Aware monthly (also only get 1-2 spywares at most)
Firefox
Common sense (I have found this to be #1 way to get 2 spyware a month compared to 3000)

Hardware firewall
Windows firewall
Email server antivirus
NOD32 antivirus
Common sense

Never had a virus/trojan/spyware. Ever.

I'm pretty sure there has to be at least one person here with the setup of:

Just linux. No need for anything else.

hardware firewall
open ap
no passwords on network
firefox, avg, spybot, adaware

come get me! (it's nice knowing all the wardrivers in town, you don't have to worry as much)

Currently:

FreeBSD + pf
Windows Firewall
Avast
Ad-Aware
Firefox

AntiVir
Windows firewall
D-Link router
various spyware removal/prevention tools.

Kerio Firewall + NAT
Symantec AV Corp
MS Anti-Spyware
SUS-Server to keep all clients up to date.
WPA + Mac Filtering for my WAP
DNS Filtering to certain malware sites (like kazaa.com)
Domain with Security GPOs implemented.
Weekly Audit on Logs and Event Entries.

Simple router using Slackware and iptables/netfilter, then my main rig which dual boots Win XP (use Firefox for browsing, University provided Symantec Corp AV) and Linux (again Firefox, and Thunderbird for Email)
Thats basicly it, and my other box, that I have been using to just hold crap, test stuff on, and irc from, was having some issues with people trying to brute force into it, although I don't think any of them ever succeded, but I curbed that by only allowing SSH traffic from the university, which I can ssh into my Comp Sci account and then back to my home box.

W2k3 Server using ICS or some D-Link router depending on the time frame.

to

W2k Pro updated every 2 weeks
Firefox, no p2p.
Eudora for e-mail

and

Gentoo / Hardened Gentoo Linux / FreeBSD / WinXP tri/quad/whatever experimentation I'm doing box.

Havn't been hit by anything in a long time. At work we have plenty of directly connected hardened gentoo boxs. Enumerating/footprinting my network won't really get you anywhere :D

Protowall (have to edit the block-list every time I download the new lists but I don't mind)
Firefox
Ad-ware
Panda Anti-Virus
MS Win2k Updates

I don't get much spyware, mostly simple tracking cookies. Never had a virus that I know of, other than the ones I put on my system knowingly. Plus I don't use IE for my surfing. I just use it for Web development, testing, debugging, etc.

WRT54G Router
Norton Internet Security
-Personal Firewall
-AntiVirus
-AntiSpam
-Privacy Control
-Intrusion Detection
-Outbreak Alert
SpyBot Search and Destroy
SpywareBlaster
Ad-Aware Personal
FireFox