Post your "rate my cables" here

Here's my newest build with completed wire management. Unfortunately with all of the part stock issues during the pandemic, I wasn't able to source a modular power supply so I won't be sharing any back panel photos yet (hint; it's a mess back there).

Luckily the NZXT H200 series cases clean up pretty nicely, and a tower cooler hides most motherboard wiring.

FullSizeR.jpg

Here's my newest build with completed wire management. Unfortunately with all of the part stock issues during the pandemic, I wasn't able to source a modular power supply so I won't be sharing any back panel photos yet (hint; it's a mess back there).

Luckily the NZXT H200 series cases clean up pretty nicely, and a tower cooler hides most motherboard wiring.

View attachment 244584
:ROFLMAO: Of course its clean theres no room for any other cables with that much metal and cooler. (j/k looks nice)

Just finished my friends rig this past week.

Attachments

• 47507775-39EC-4566-B809-5F3C9BF9710B.jpeg
    47507775-39EC-4566-B809-5F3C9BF9710B.jpeg
    484.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 0E23684F-AA07-4CE1-9352-42EECC8549A8.jpeg
    0E23684F-AA07-4CE1-9352-42EECC8549A8.jpeg
    315.4 KB · Views: 0
  • F21D605A-F9D0-4D18-8CBC-9F0C45D8EE4D.jpeg
    F21D605A-F9D0-4D18-8CBC-9F0C45D8EE4D.jpeg
    273.1 KB · Views: 0
20200508_202443.jpg

This is the windowed side of my Crystal Series 680X, cant think of anything else to do with the front usb, front panel audio or case switches wires. Still working on the hdd/psu chamber. Its a mess for right now given the amount of wires required for 6 rgb fan control, picked up a Commander Pro which will hopefully help.

This is the windowed side of my Crystal Series 680X, cant think of anything else to do with the front usb, front panel audio or case switches wires. Still working on the hdd/psu chamber. Its a mess for right now given the amount of wires required for 6 rgb fan control, picked up a Commander Pro which will hopefully help.
About your only option would be to get a fully sleeved USB/Audio extension and drill a dedicated hole for them (behind the mobo possibly to curl them up).
That'd require disassembly though to safely drill, addtionally you might look up EVGA power link, your case is short so you'd might have to remove a front fan to use that though.
For the USB3 maybe a right angle connector ~ make sure it faces the correct direction: https://store.cablemod.com/product/cablemod-modflex-right-angle-internal-usb-3-0-extension-50cm/

Alternatively you might also be able to cover those a bit if your lower PCIE slots are x16 capable and you move the GPU down ~ or if you use your vertical slot mount (that you already have, you'd just need a riser cable).
You might still be able to use the power link in a vertical arrangement too, and route them under the front fans.

Would love the vertical gpu option, but the 2080ti is 3 slots and the vert mount can only accommodate 2 slot cards. Will have to look into that usb right angle adapter though that sounds like a great idea for that area. Thinking maybe I could at least heatshrink the case switch wiring together. A powerlink would most definitely require the removal of a front fan so not an option sadly, my case is kind of squat :facepalm:

Ahh didn't notice it was the big momma card from the picture angle.
Fair enough, now getting to nitpicking options but if you have a atx pin tool, you could split the ATX extension cable such that half the cables go through the upper cable grommet and half through the middle one to give it a more symmetrical look.

Ordered a white 3.0 right angle adapter, so Im going to give that a try. Might just unhook the front panel audio as I dont use that audio out at all and my wired headphones are USB anyway. Thank you for the constructive input Spartacus09!

My Z77 from the last page committed suicide. I'm back to my old X58 until I decide what I want new toy I want to buy next. I owe it to myself :)

002.JPG
001.JPG

Following up with some progress with some of the suggestions from Spartacus. There will be one more white QL120 going in the front, its just been slow going converting the front to white QL's given how sold out/ corona priced everything is. Went all white Cablemod extensions for the onboard/frontpanel hookups, love the USB3.0 right angle adapter, makes that area so much more visually appealing! Need to work on the top portion now, I do have some more white closed cable combs coming for the 24pin as well as some 16 pin combs for joining the 2 8pin pcie runs together. I also plan on using a psu pin tool to try and split the 24pin wire loom between two openings, wish me luck!

Attachments

• 20200602_121323.jpg
    20200602_121323.jpg
    496.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200602_121329.jpg
    20200602_121329.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
362320_IMG_20200711_125223611.jpg
362321_IMG_20200711_125235446.jpg

Bit of a bear with stock psu. All the cables either too long or a bit too short. Will replace with Pico-PSU or hdplex psu asap.

Well here y'all go... I need a fan extension cable or 2? and a longer SATA cable... but whatever.. this is why (mostly) I don't have a case with a window... New Ryzen 3600 build up and running in my old NZXT H630 (yes yes I know the case it too big.. in 2014 when I built my last computer (i7-4770k) it was the white / black case I liked the best...I'm keeping the case for now because 1. I have it / 2. I still sort of like it..but man is it heavy to move about / 3. I'm too cheap to buy a new case right now.)

Also I realize there are too many drive bays... I don't have any place to put the drive bays if i take them out of the case.. and I don't care enough to do it anyways... Enjoy the not really long enough SATA cable just barely making it to the SATA expansion card.. stupid Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite and it's 4 MF'ing SATA ports =\ ... sigh....

In theory this is the before pic, I need a fan extension cable to hook the 2nd top fan up and a longer SATA cable to try to improve the routing of the DVD drive (yes I use it ... I'm using it right now damn it .. listening to some sweet sweet Steve Miller Band with it.) cable.

last chance AVERT YOUR EYES... OR DON'T whatever...

unmanaged.jpg

Last edited:
Well here y'all go... I need a fan extension cable or 2? and a longer SATA cable... but whatever.. this is why (mostly) I don't have a case with a window... New Ryzen 3600 build up and running in my old NZXT H630 (yes yes I know the case it too big.. in 2014 when I built my last computer (i7-4770k) it was the white / black case I liked the best...I'm keeping the case for now because 1. I have it / 2. I still sort of like it..but man is it heavy to move about / 3. I'm too cheap to buy a new case right now.)View attachment 270796

Also I realize there are too many drive bays... I don't have any place to put the drive bays if i take them out of the case.. and I don't care enough to do it anyways... Enjoy the not really long enough SATA cable just barely making it to the SATA expansion card.. stupid Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite and it's 4 MF'ing SATA ports =\ ... sigh....

In theory this is the before pic, I need a fan extension cable to hook the 2nd top fan up and a longer SATA cable to try to improve the routing of the DVD drive (yes I use it ... I'm using it right now damn it .. listening to some sweet sweet Steve Miller Band with it.) cable.

Extensions are always good. Nice build, would it be possible to only use the bottom drive cage? I would do that and install another fan in the front. Also mount whatever that is at the bottom to the back of the motherboard tray if it will fit & Push those USB extensions behind the motherboard tray.

+1 for Steve Miller band :)

Well here y'all go... I need a fan extension cable or 2? and a longer SATA cable... but whatever.. this is why (mostly) I don't have a case with a window... New Ryzen 3600 build up and running in my old NZXT H630 (yes yes I know the case it too big.. in 2014 when I built my last computer (i7-4770k) it was the white / black case I liked the best...I'm keeping the case for now because 1. I have it / 2. I still sort of like it..but man is it heavy to move about / 3. I'm too cheap to buy a new case right now.)

You have a lot of work to do.

Upper left i'd make that fan cable run with the cpu aux cable and tighten them up so they're not loose and it looks like one cable. Same thing with the top fans, take the slack out and run them behind the fans out of view.

ATX cable looks okay.

Run those satas with the ATX cable and keep them together.

Looks like you can get the PCI-E cable into the gpu shroud a bit which is what I would do.

The bottom is a clusterfuck, try to get cables running to similar locations bundled together. and run them behind the motherboard tray.

Tighten up your gpu cables, make it one big branch of cables.

My only comment is you may want to check your top fan connection, it appears one of them isn't plugged in/getting power as its not spinning in the picture.

cheers .. again.. this is why I have a windowless case.. so the supplies I ordered (fan extension .. didn't actually need but WHATEVER and longer SATA cable for that sweet AF dvd drive Have arrived.

this is literally as good as this is going to get.. because this case is heavy and I'm sick of it.. and there is no window.. I kinda wish I had tucked the pcie video card power cable away better.. but **** it..
20200820_170641.jpg

Built for a friend. Those new Corsair cables with the capacitor in the end are really annoying. First time in a while building in a mass production case. It is pretty refreshing coming from a Cerberus and Ncase to have barely anything to do after putting the cables in:

Clean AF and I love Fractal Design cases. Nice work!

Just finished upgrading my build!
IMG_20200823_195733-02.jpeg

I have 6 HDDs and 4 NVME drives in this case. Finally have room for more!
100% air-cooled, 100% silent.
No RGB cause you can't see inside the case normally anyway.

Last edited:
Why is your pcie gpu power cable going through the hard drive cage? Other than that, looks good!
Its a flat cable, its mostly just to keep things tidy. There is a ziptie there to keep it snug against the cage. The hdds are just a mess. And thanks!

Its a flat cable, its mostly just to keep things tidy. There is a ziptie there to keep it snug against the cage. The hdds are just a mess. And thanks!
I think it would look cleaner if it went back towards the mobo and ziptied to the 24 pin cable, then goes down. At least it wouldn't be in your face. And I would flip the drives to have all the wires on the backside rather than the front as well.

Reactions: HAF72
like this
I think it would look cleaner if it went back towards the mobo and ziptied to the 24 pin cable, then goes down. At least it wouldn't be in your face. And I would flip the drives to have all the wires on the backside rather than the front as well.
You are probably right. I couldnt be bothered right now.. As for my hdds, you cant see them with the side panel on 😁👍

Updated my build since August with a pretty obvious change:
1604249359794.png

1604249492895.png

120MM slim fan, due to where my case is located you cannot see inside the case during normal use, but at least it now has a healthy glow. That fan actually made a huge difference in overall case temps, exhausting out all of the GPU hot air instead of letting it circulate inside the case.

Updated my build since August with a pretty obvious change:
View attachment 294833
View attachment 294834

120MM slim fan, due to where my case is located you cannot see inside the case during normal use, but at least it now has a healthy glow. That fan actually made a huge difference in overall case temps, exhausting out all of the GPU hot air instead of letting it circulate inside the case.
All cases should have a GPU exhaust fan! What case is that?

All cases should have a GPU exhaust fan! What case is that?
Fractal Define 7 XL
It's hilariously huge case. I'd say in 99% of normal configurations there simply wouldn't be enough room for a 120mm down there. It's not a permanent edition as I'm eventually gonna try and get a 4k capture card, but for now it does a surprisingly good job. There's also 4x nvme drives and 6x 3.5inch HDDs in that lower section of the case so I'm sure that creates a somewhat tangible amount of heat.

Last edited:
The systems all look so good.

Wish I had the patience and skill to do the same. Using only m.2 drives helps a great, the big drives still need cables though.

Fractal Define 7 XL
It's hilariously huge case. I'd say in 99% of normal configurations there simply wouldn't be enough room for a 120mm down there. It's not a permanent edition as I'm eventually gonna try and get a 4k capture card, but for now it does a surprisingly good job. There's also 4x nvme drives and 6x 3.5inch HDDs in that lower section of the case so I'm sure that creates a somewhat tangible amount of heat.
I've been digging the Lian Li 011 Dynamic lately, it looks pretty AF with rgb fans and a front+side glass with a really awesome airflow design such that it actually can benefit by having the card vertical like I want rather than horizontal (when configured correctly).
Only drawback is that it is pretty wide due to the design but has alot of configuration options for both air and water cooling and the backside cable management has insane room, the XL version has even more.
My planned build will have a total of 12 fans, (360mm aio push/pull, possibly a hybrid for the gpu ~ I'm too lazy to maintain a custom loop) similar to this one:
https://hardforum.b-cdn.net/data/attachment-files/2020/01/268184_IMG_2226_2.jpg

Yeah, the 011 Dynamic is a good case, but I was planning Air cooling from the start and, most importantly for me, I needed room for all of my hard drives. I wanted room for 8 comfortably.
Wish I had the patience and skill to do the same. Using only m.2 drives helps a great, the big drives still need cables though.
I have 6 HDDs hiding in that thing. You can see 3 of them in the upper picture, then I have 3 more in the PSU chamber. (I originally tried to have 4 in the PSU chamber but one of them got SUPER choked for whatever reason and its temps were 10-15c higher than the other drives, so I noped that one out of there until I could figure out why.)
You will never see a backside picture of my case because there's not even a small chance of that ever being good looking.. >_>

Yeah, the 011 Dynamic is a good case, but I was planning Air cooling from the start and, most importantly for me, I needed room for all of my hard drives. I wanted room for 8 comfortably.

I have 6 HDDs hiding in that thing. You can see 3 of them in the upper picture, then I have 3 more in the PSU chamber. (I originally tried to have 4 in the PSU chamber but one of them got SUPER choked for whatever reason and its temps were 10-15c higher than the other drives, so I noped that one out of there until I could figure out why.)
You will never see a backside picture of my case because there's not even a small chance of that ever being good looking.. >_>
Ahh, mine is solely for my gaming rig, I have a unraid box with a bunch of hotswap enclosures for my big storage so I can get 15+ drives in it.
Thats why I liked the 011D, its just a big plate you stuff the cables behind :D

Awesome job!

Back