Post your "rate my cables" here

Here is mine. Still need cablemod cable for my second GPU.

fly6f7.jpg

redid the cables on my old i7-4770K .. because I thought i was installing the Seasonic X750 I got back from RMA.. however I had the older version of the X750 (without hybrid switch) and they sent my the mk3 version with the hybrid switch that apparently used different modular cables.. /facepalm

sooo my old non modular Corsair TX650 is installed.. while fairly "meh" it represents about my best cable wrangling to date.. this my friends is why I have a case without glass panel..

20181208_131602.jpg

redid the cables on my old i7-4770K .. because I thought i was installing the Seasonic X750 I got back from RMA.. however I had the older version of the X750 (without hybrid switch) and they sent my the mk3 version with the hybrid switch that apparently used different modular cables.. /facepalm

sooo my old non modular Corsair TX650 is installed.. while fairly "meh" it represents about my best cable wrangling to date.. this my friends is why I have a case without glass panel..

View attachment 126215

Why would they change the modular cables? That’s annoying. Lol

Why would they change the modular cables? That’s annoying. Lol

yes yes it is..i think it was cost savings? or ?? the cables on mine have mesh sleeves and the cables on the mk3 are flat plastic coated .. and the connections on the PSU are different... soooo I'm sort of boned atm.

Seasonic Support was very quick to respond with resolution (they are sending me cables) .. Seasonic support has been very fast to reply and have done a great job helping to bring a positive outcome to this situation.

stuff happens but they are making right quickly.

Last edited:

View attachment 126215

Curious, why would you have that many Hard Drive bay's installed when you only have one? I'd take those others out and make a custom housing for it on the bottom where the others attach.

Not much but she's mine.

Specs:

Lian Li Lancool K7
Ryzen 3 1300x
16GBs Hyper X DDR4-2666
Asrock X370 Gaming K4
Sapphire RX480 8GB (Reference)
Creative Audigy RX
Samsung 850evo 500GB
(2x) WD Black 1TB (RAID 1)
Seasonic 550w gold "OEM" PSU
Random DVD burner

The 1300x, motherboard, and RAM were all caught for good deals on ebay. I paid less at the time for the CPU than what the R3 1200s were going for.

Eventual plans are a Ryzen 5 3600(x) and 16GBs of RAM north of 3000Mhz. I want to replace the RX480 but just can't justify it. It does literally everything I need.

IMG_0428.JPG

Last edited:
Route the usb cable with the bundle of cables to the right.

The USB3 front panel cable is pretty stiff and the R6 case doesn’t really allow for it to come up through one of the big cable holes, like where the PCIe ATX connector holes. So in trying to hide it, with its very limited flexibility, the best I could do was wrap it around. If I pulled the USB3 cable up though the bottom hole, whit the power button cable etc... it would have looked more awkward. Only downside to this case/cable.

The MSI board has the USB3 header on its side, and with the cable not flexing, its next to impossible to come up through the right side cable hole and do an immediate 90 degree turn.

The USB3 front panel cable is pretty stiff and the R6 case doesn’t really allow for it to come up through one of the big cable holes, like where the PCIe ATX connector holes. So in trying to hide it, with its very limited flexibility, the best I could do was wrap it around. If I pulled the USB3 cable up though the bottom hole, whit the power button cable etc... it would have looked more awkward. Only downside to this case/cable.

The MSI board has the USB3 header on its side, and with the cable not flexing, its next to impossible to come up through the right side cable hole and do an immediate 90 degree turn.
I think he means the cable for the water block.

I think he means the cable for the water block.

Oh... yeah I was thinking about that, but then it's wrapping around the block, figured it looked better just going straight up. Actually, I guess what I could do is wrap it around and hide it underneath the AIO retention bracket, and join the other cables going up.

Re-cabling begins! got my cablemod cables in, light blue, and some PWM extenders so I can hide pretty much all the fan cables now, and re-routing the AIO USB cable as suggested. Going to make this look a lot better... after 4-5 more hours :shifty:
Had to downgrade my PSU to the G3 650 I had, as I was using the 750 GQ which is only semi-modular. I thought for sure I had a GS, so I ordered the cables for hte G2/G3 and was going to re-pin them, but after the fog cleared from my head I realized I actually had the GQ. Anyways, 650 is plenty.

F3231DF8-C168-4EFD-BA3B-7AA483498422.jpeg

Last edited:
My main gaming rig... built two years ago.. commander pro, lighting node pro, two rgb hubs, eight HD class RGB fans, two RGB light strips... many many zip ties... too many lol. It's not totally clean but ok.
F251331B-1D66-43EA-8BB0-714574681E7D.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow that is an incredible job you did on the back. I took a different approach...
View attachment 203028

Thanks!

My cables looked like yours for a long time, after you build a system which can take hours, you just want to use the damn thing so I don't always clean them up nice, but your back looks functional :D One of my first jobs was working in a electrical shop where I'd build control panels and they'd want the wiring to look like this... would take DAYS

Untitled.png

One of my first jobs was working in a electrical shop where I'd build control panels and they'd want the wiring to look like this... would take DAYS
Jesus... I would kill to have such a clean job with the cables in the basement of my home. Atleast my rack looks kinda clean.

Thanks!

My cables looked like yours for a long time, after you build a system which can take hours, you just want to use the damn thing so I don't always clean them up nice, but your back looks functional :D One of my first jobs was working in a electrical shop where I'd build control panels and they'd want the wiring to look like this... would take DAYS

View attachment 203070

That pic screams, "Help me! I can't find my OCD medicine!"

60790064345--3C5AF959-4D5D-49C2-8B4F-0F11423A325B.JPG

This is one of my beauties in a Corsair Carbide Air 540. I have a 1000W PSU in the back chamber that is not at all modular. Not one bit. It serves the job, but the back of the case is clobs of bundles wrapped in zipties.

I forget the name of the brand, because I am back there rarely.

Back