Post your "rate my cables" here

I built this computer for my parents for christmas this year. Last night I decided to clean up the terrible cabling job that I did. This case sucks, thats all I can say. Virtually no cable management options are built into this case. I was just able to squeeze the extra molex and sata cables into the flap that is cutout for the power supply support. I would say I did a good job with what I had to work with. I moved the power/led cables to the other side of the case.
2ziv86o.jpg

b4x5cz.jpg

1eqv83.jpg

5vak1x.jpg

Exciting holes? What case have you got? :D

Thanks for saying so. This is my first time ever attempting to route the cables between the tray and back panel and I'm pleased overall. If only the EPS12V cable was longer so it didn't jut out like it does.

I've got a couple of older Lian Li cases--a v2000b that I've had for...8ish...years and an older PCA05. Some of it is just an issue of time (grad school does not give you a lot of free time for sleeving cables), but I think I also will need to take a dremel to them both at some point to get some more clearance for cables. Gotta get more holes, you know? :p
This thread is full of inspiration, though, so perhaps I need to add hole drilling to the list of summer projects...

Thats really clean. I love it! I wish I had a black case with grommets. Did you buy all new cables or did the power supply come with them?
i made most of the cables and used 550 cord for sleeving. the two power cords i did not make, just sleeved, because they aren't modular ones. i also re-sleeved an nzxt extension for the 8pin power because mine wasn't long enough.

Very clean.
drool2.gif
I rather like the red zip ties, too.

I was in dire need of zipties and my Microcenter was out of the higher quality ones in all colors... except for neon green. I was pissed but I needed them. So I ended up doing a temporary tie job using those neon green ties. I recently redid my cabling and cut off the unused peripheral lines on my power supply (non modular) and realised something when I was removing my zip ties from before...

I could find all of them without a problem. Not once this time did I end up having to yank on something I didn't know was still tied down and end up accidentally unplugging something (or worse)...

So I think the red zip ties are nice for another reason: You will have the easiest time finding the ones you need to cut. Getting the ugly neon green ties ended up being an incredibly happy accident in my case.

Not pretty like some of the jobs on here, but incredibly clean and manageable. I have instant access to every plug and cable without needing to unbundle others.

edUhG.jpg

The front, of course, looks a lot better.

gR5Id.jpg

;)

Made a few recent changes,and snapped some fast pictures with my phone. what do ya'll think of mine???

IMG_20120424_174013.jpg

IMG_20120424_173750.jpg

IMG_20120424_174136.jpg

IMG_20120424_173843.jpg

My phone does not do well with awkward lighting but it looks great IRL

IMG_20120424_175231.jpg

IMG_20120424_180415.jpg

Pretty clean, especially for a having a nonmodular PSU!

But what's it look like behind the mobo tray? :p

That's my little secret? haha, It's organized chaos. BUT, everything fits and the side panel slides on with no effort. I'll post a pic of the back when I go through to re-apply my thermal paste some time in the next few days.

Nice setup kickmic, now I'm shopping for more monitors, lol. 2 just seems incomplete after seeing your desk.

Ordered the third monitor and got the Asus HD7850 2Gb. I think 3 will be enough for a while. I'll get another one of those video cards eventually, but it's handles the games I play just fine. Looking forward to playing Torchlight 2 on 3 monitors (really wish I could with Diablo 3).

Got a few upgrades, so I snagged a few pics. Also rearranged some stuff and worked a little better on CM.

wiremanagement.jpg

Any suggestions for me?

Route your cables to the closest port hole for what the cables are connecting to. I see a rather large cutout near the GPU but you have the PCIEx video power connectors coming in from the hole above it.

I'm afraid you have a "disconnect everything and start over" job there.

JgTv12

Very nice. Please could you advise which Corsair case you have, and which Sapphire card you have.

Thanks

Newbie Dave

JgTv12

Very nice. Please could you advise which Corsair case you have, and which Sapphire card you have.

Thanks

Newbie Dave

The case is great but i really have to push the cables in the backside to close the door otherwish you can't close the door , and the case is : Corsair 500R Carbide Black
My Sapphire card is Radeon 6950HD 2Gigs Dirt 3 edition .

Last edited:
cleaned up the cable management by adding clamps and some flexible conduit for messy case header and fan controller cables

P1060519.JPG

Really wish the FT02 had about 1/4" more space behind the motherboard tray. Looks a lot like my setup. Well done.

Really wish the FT02 had about 1/4" more space behind the motherboard tray. Looks a lot like my setup. Well done.

When it comes to the FT02 and FT03, though, I'm completely sold on the backplane-to-top motherboard alignment. Makes plugging/unplugging stuff a total dream. (Pretty common as I have to reroute some cables for my home theater setup)

Here is mine, I think I manage to do a good job with a non modular PSU, I cut the case a lot, it's a NZXT Phantom case.

DSC02045.jpg

Front View:
K2kgz.jpg

Back's not so hot...

3mVUM.jpg

Edit:

If you look to the bottom left, you'll notice the hard drive mounted w/ cable ties. It was rugged and a pain to get to if I needed to unplug anything, so I velcroed it to the back:

6eKDA.jpg

Back