Post your "rate my cables" here

My rig isn't quite done yet but I'm getting there. This is still a WIP.

0RtYg.jpg

Last edited:
I hope the stock cooler is part of the WIP! Seriously tho, looks good so far... I have the same mobo, pretty happy with it except for the meager amount of USB headers. I detached the USB 3.0 ports from the PCI bracket and used some extension cables to rig it up as a set of front ports, since my flash card reader was taking up the only 2.0 header.

I like how he mounted the SSD, heh... Too bad it's not a Samsung, those are real purdy.

Last edited:
meonw, I'd change the white PCI covers, they look out of place. I'd get some black ones. Other than that fantastic job.

Im very glad you guys like it. :D

HDD space is ~8TB usable, 120gb ssd for windows and 256Gb sammy for app, games etc...
I’ll probably paint the pci cover plates black and change the ram.

My cheap case as the space behind the tray, i need to take a power tool to the back of it! This thread is amazing...

This is a WIP, going to be getting some things in the next week and doing a cleaner build. But in the mean time this is how it stands now:

33v1e2e.jpg

10pvled.jpg

Wouldn't a regular tower cooler work better in that down/up orientation? (so all airflow is going in the same direction)

Nothing fancy, just upgraded my aging Q6600 to an i5-2500K, chose to leave the TRU12E on my old mobo and get a CM 212 plus for this build.

DSC_4501pp.sized.jpg

New hotness
I'm not overzealous about cables, the fan cables look shabby, but are mostly out of the way (I run 2 nexus in the front and a Kama 800rpm behind the harddrives, all off one controlled header...)

DSC_4506small.sized.jpg

Old and busted

Just rebuilt system into a new case with an H80 and a new SSD. Nothing fancy. I would like to get rid of the multicolor USB 2.0 cable that is unfortunately built into my case's USB 3.0 cable. Not sure what to do about it. Don't like the empty drive bays. Maybe I should fill them with dead harddrives :)

topky.jpg

velocityaurora.jpg

Last edited:
img4037e.jpg

img4101yg.jpg

Tired routing the 8pin mobo connector behind the mobo tray, but the fact is it didn't fit, it hit the top 140mm fan. It looks fine though!

Last edited:
My wife got my old computer for Christmas.
GA-X58-Extreme, i7-965X, 6GB mem, nVidia 460GTX, 90GB SSD, LianLi PC-A05NB

123tw8g.jpg

Back