Post your "rate my cables" here

First post on the forum. Hello guys, this is my rig for now,
I just bought a 650D to do my first WC loop here soon but here's what I got for now. :p

bbbeb854.jpg

03958f0a.jpg

8db91f87.jpg

728d6e53.jpg

I'm very proud of how i hid the exhaust fan wire. lol YOU CAN'T see it

Krame and Badmau5 I've seen you over at OCN. Lovin both those rigs.

Finally got inspired to tinker around with the wire management with my new hardware. Anyone have any suggestions/comments?
Dual Loops plus raid array is tricky to fit in this case, but i cant find any cases that i like better that would improve my situation. :(

Corsair 800D - the last case you will ever need IMO
Yeah I would go with a different colored liquid without a doubt - unless you are a girl that likes pink, then its cool
Paint the case - either powdercoat or spray paint works well too
Sleeving, sleeving, sleeving! Those wires are naked - NSFW - OMG the poor things showing their stock sheathing..................cloth them in some nice tight MDPC-X sleeving weave and make them feel special - one better, make your custom cables to length, then sleeve.

your black/white build
Clean and simple - I like the white/black scheme going well done

First post on the forum. Hello guys, this is my rig for now,
I just bought a 650D to do my first WC loop here soon but here's what I got for now. :p
Great case choice IMO - nice start to an awesome adventure in modding.

Added a hole in the PSU cover. Suggestions welcome!
sddf.jpg

this looks AMAZING. only thing i can see is, can you push the 8-pin so that it goes behind the rad fan when it goes up instead of next to it? should hide it a little more. otherwise, 9.9/10. :)

Just built this tonight. Sorry for the cellphone pic, will take better ones when I get my DSLR back.

DbmMb.jpg

^is it just me or does it seem like the card is hanging at an angle like its too heavy?

Just built this tonight. Sorry for the cellphone pic, will take better ones when I get my DSLR back.

DbmMb.jpg

Nice looking build. I would get an aftermarket Cooler for the CPU though. What Case is that? Its roomy;)

A lot of nice systems... My cable management is horrible so all of them look good to me lol

Finally got inspired to tinker around with the wire management with my new hardware. Anyone have any suggestions/comments?
1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Dual Loops plus raid array is tricky to fit in this case, but i cant find any cases that i like better that would improve my situation. :(

This ones pretty clean... Just wish the case had black interior finish

@ Kuurus

That is an extremely impressive cable management job. Do you have any photos showing how you accomplished what you did? I assume you drilled custom cable management holes.

Have any tips? Great job!

@ Kuurus

That is an extremely impressive cable management job. Do you have any photos showing how you accomplished what you did? I assume you drilled custom cable management holes.

Have any tips? Great job!

Its actually my case he linked.
It is a old photo and i fixed it up a little more. but this should get you a general idea
http://ryujiwarui.com/photos/main.php?cmd=image&var1=IMG_1568.JPG&var2=0_85
yellow stuff is kapton tape(get asked that one all the time)

if i do not find a better case within the next six months im going to go fix this case up, round all the rough edges etc, and send it out to get powder coated. kind of ironic that so far in my looking around, a thermaltake case that i bought as a 'temporary case' three years ago turns out to be a tough one to find a superior case to without going double wide/cube

Last edited:
My case is a corsair 600t i think i did an okay job but if anybody knows any other ways to route the usb 3.0 cable that comes from the front panel on the case i would be grateful for the help my motherboard does have a USB 3.0 header but the case does not support it :(
9baepu.jpg
[/IMG]

You could push it back against the mobo and slip it under the GPU (between the PCI connector and the back of the case, if the cable's not too thick), then run it towards the front behind/below the GPU's shroud... Or you could run it up and do something between the rad and the mobo, if it's long enough, it's hard to say if any of this is possible without seeing it in person to judge clearance/lengths.

There's one other solution that would probably be the cleanest, at least without altering the built in cables/connectors anyway, which is another option (tho USB 3.0 bits and pieces like connector ends are still scarce).

A) Find one of those USB 3.0 brackets that come with many motherboards now, the kind that terminates on a mobo header; doesn't even have to be a front bay bracket, rear bracket is probably better since you'll disassemble it anyway.

B) Hide it behind your mobo or drives and plug it into the mobo's USB 3.0 header.

C) Instead of looping your USB 3.0 cables out the back, simply plug them into the hidden bracket, thus freeing up the back ports and hiding the cable.

Is it worth the $10-15 that the bracket will cost? That's up to you. I actually did something very similar, I had one such bracket (which came with my MSI mobo) but no USB 3.0 front panel ports. I could've figured out a way of mounting it to a drive bay but for various reasons I didn't wanna shift any of the bays so I got two USB 3.0 extensions and replaced my current USB 2.0 ports, effectively ending up in your situation.

I actually searched high and low for a bracket or cable that had a mono header and disjointed USB 3.0 connectors at the end (so I wouldn't have to alter the existing USB holes on my case or use the bracket I had as an extension) but didn't find any, too early for USB 3.0 I guess.

Other than the USB cable I think you did a great job btw! The only other thing to improve on would be sleeving the ends of some of those cable ends that show, ATX in particular... Don't even have to sleeve the whole thing. I'm usually too lazy to do that sorta thing myself too tho, heh.

Edit: I can take a picture of how I used the bracket as an internal extension of sorts, not sure if that was a very clear explanation...

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply my mb came with one of the USB headers u are describing I think I'll try that i never though about hooking it up like that thanks :)
Okay so here is what i did thanks for the help.

mwqe0z.jpg

zwchnl.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is a work in progress. I'm waiting on some stuff to tidy up the top of the case. Here are two pics, one with computer off and side panel off. Other with side panel on and computer on.

What do you think?

img0413lc.jpg

img0416ap.jpg

I bought a new case a while back, and my dad's old computer just didn't do it, alas, for his birthday I decided to give him a new computer, (In my old case.) and I thought why not do my first ever attempt at cable management. Please do tell what could be done better. (Spent a couple days looking at various pictures in this thread to show me what a good attempt would be.) The left side panel went on without any issues. (Crappy pictures thanks to the iPhone 4S.)

Please note that the PSU isn't meant to be up-side down, the case doesn't have ventilation at the bottom, that, and the 'crappy' SATA cable is due to me being silly, I accidentaly switched them around and didn't want to redo the whole thing.

Back