Post your "rate my cables" here

Corsair 650D is the easiest cable management case ever. I was able to organize my cables in 10 minutes at a moderate pace while talking on the cell phone, drinking a beer, smoking a cigarette, eating left over pizza and watching CNN.

6063105034_62deb7a326_o.jpg

What is that I don't even.

(The original thread is gold, man. That is the most ghetto custom case not consisting primarily of cardboard I've ever seen in my life.)

The Toms link is definitely worth a click. I don't feel nearly as bad about my old wiring now.

here is a little update on my rig. let me know!

IMG_20110824_181414.jpg

IMG_20110824_182418.jpg

IMG_20110824_182452.jpg

The molex connector you see on the very bottom of the case is for my side panel fan.

Looks awesome. I have been eye balling this case, thinking of transplanting into it from a cramped Antec 300. You like it overall? I heard the fans they shipped with some of the earlier models were awful. How does the fan controller on the top work?

This is my first build and I tried to hide all the wires but looking through this thread has made me realize how bad my cable management job really was.

That's awful, run as many cables as you can through the routing hole. There's a hole just for the 8 pin to run behind your motherboard.

Looks awesome. I have been eye balling this case, thinking of transplanting into it from a cramped Antec 300. You like it overall? I heard the fans they shipped with some of the earlier models were awful. How does the fan controller on the top work?

Fan controller is just a knob that controls 4 fans...I use it to control the 4 side fans on the mesh side plus I have the NZXT Sentry Mesh fan controller for everything else. I will post a pic when I get home of it. I can't access anything at work. But all that matters is [H] n e ways :D.

That's awful, run as many cables as you can through the routing hole. There's a hole just for the 8 pin to run behind your motherboard.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it is "awful" I've seen much worse.

This is my first build and I tried to hide all the wires but looking through this thread has made me realize how bad my cable management job really was.

You need to run ALL the cables you possibly can through the routing holes as possible. Your PSU cables shouldn't be anywhere near where they are.

I have a case without routing holes and it's far cleaner than this. But I'm not trying to offend, constructive criticism. :D

No offense taken. This thread got me to go back and try again. Much better this time but it was hard getting as many of the cables as I did behind the mobo. Would barely fit but I guess that comes with the territory. But I don't think I can fit anymore of the cables back behind the panel.

Here's an update:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tomorrow I'm going to switch out the top 2 120mm fans for 1 200mm fan. The tower sits next to me, the top of it a few inches lower than my desk, so the top fans are the ones I tend to hear (besides the reference video card's stock fan which is the loudest thing period).

Nice XL. The mobo 6-pin could definitely use some black sleeving! If you grouped up and zip tied the front panel cables, would help make them look a bit more tidy. Maybe zip tie your optical drive sata/power cables together too.

Overall, nice job :)

Here are some before/after pics of my move from a Lian Li Rocketfish to a V2120X. The cable management holes obviously made a huge difference, though I haven't cleaned it up completely (notice the front panel connectors). I still need to buy the Gigabyte X58A-OC motherboard to match my color scheme . Once I get that and finish sleeving my cables I'll finalize the cable management.

Before:

dsc0049kp.jpg

dsc0058hc.jpg

dsc0066small.jpg

After:

img1363t.jpg

img1365k.jpg

rigpic2.jpg

Also, I really need a wide angle lens for my T1i. My 50mm f/1.8 can only be used for rig shots if I'm standing in my doorway. :(

I have to say a lot of these rigs look killer... I have never taken to much time figuring out the best and cleanest way to route everything because I have my case closed all the time... IDK i feel like unless you have a clear case or open it up all the time to show it off it's like a waste of time... no offense these all look great I'm just saying I'm really busy and to me i'd feel like nobody would ever get to see my efforts unless I had some sort of window in it....

Update after I replaced my power supply, and added an 8-pin extender cable so I could hide the aux mainboard connector. Comments welcome.

DSCF0332.jpg

Back