Post your "rate my cables" here

Some awesome wirework recently on these posts. It is nice to see wires that are not just hidden under the rug so to speak but made to be part of the case in a organized manner. Wires are just as much part of the rig and to see it organized and laid out in an aesthetically pleasing manner shows some thought put in the rig.

Much respect.

Agreed - I have MUCH respect to any system builder that can lay down organized and well thought out wiring, clean, tight, and sweet.

Though I am proud of mine, I know the time it took to get what I have put together. The ones that have custom lengths and precise placements in the cases like what jack_burton1985 posted - I am simply in awe and amazed at that level of detail. Incredible cable management and forethought into placements and lengths, etc - its just simply awe inspiring to see such beauty in the wiring pics in here. Bravo and well done!!!!!!!

Here are my humble cable management entries from outside the case to inside. What I do not show is under the desk I took a 2x2 fiber duct I had from my Telecom install days made by Telect and screwed it up under my desk to have a track to run all my wires and hide them as much as possible. The ones I do show that are tie wrapped up the leg are feeding into that track, so they only come out and over to the upside of the desk where they are needed. The rack I have there was a tough one to clean up.

One of the major expenses not many people realize (which I am sure most in this thread do) is the freaking cost associated with cables that are not "the norm". When I got into this build I never expected spending as much as I did on the lengths needed to cover the span from "Frank" the to monitors (12+ Feet), the USB cables, the HDMI cables (From receiver to monitor), and the DVI cables (from Frank to all three monitors) - just amazing at the cost of those longer lengths. The sleeving and custom cable colors though were relatively cheap in comparrison but time consuming.

001ein.jpg

002ux.jpg

003ro.jpg

004bb.jpg

005sx.jpg

006do.jpg

I do gotta say from making this thread 6 years ago I would have never thought it would last this long.

Going through some of the pictures you really see how peoples ideas have changed over the years. Great work y'all!

Holy chit! A computer consisting of only GPU's and a CPU cooler!
I thought the same thing - wow, thaty is one heck of a CPU cooler, it sucks up the space and looks like its mainly CPU cooler and a crap load of GPUs - how freaking cool. I love maxed out cases (who would have known).
You'd have to ignore the optical drive sata cable :p Need to get a longer one.
lol, that's like having someone ask you not to stare at some massive boil or something on their face - it's like "umm I can't stop looking at it, oh $#!t I looked again - sorry" - rofl

However, on the rest of the cables - nice, hidden, minum showing, etc I know it took time and effort, you cannot hide cables like that without some planning and effort - wel done. Post it when the boil heals ;)

My latest build - the Windows Home Server in an HTPC case - not the roomiest environment to tidy up cables.......
056hq.jpg

057id.jpg

Whoa...nVidia cards with red on them? Next thing you know, we'll see a Tacoma pickup truck with a Ford emblem on it!

Dude, you must have not been around for the red EVGA gtx295 - that was (by far) the best looking GPU in recent memory. I regret selling mine.

Is it me or does it appear from those pics that you can't put the side panel back on the case b/c the Noctua HSF is too tall? Or is that just the angle of the photos that makes it look like that?

It's tight, probably, but you can put the panel back on I'm sure. The metal that's clearly lower than the top of the HSF (with the plastic edge protector on it) is recessed relative to the side of the case. It should clear.

@Roliath: your computer is awesome, simply awesome. How loud does it get?

Here's mine. Gotta clean it up a little more and install another hard drive but overall I think its pretty good. Case is a CM690II Advanced.

Droid2 takes a worse picture than I thought!

697340208_photobucket_6789_.jpg

EDIT: Here's a better photo

epicrig.jpg

Last edited:
New guy here.

I tried. The Antec 900 is pretty rough with cable management so when I got a new Seasonic PSU (old had cable whine) I drilled some holes and it helps a bunch. It will all be irrelevant soon though, as I'm hoping to get a corsair case and a new mobo + psu with Sandy Bridge arriving.

yGNmG.jpg

Last edited:
My X58 Core i7 950 PC, finally complete in the new Corsair Graphite 600T.

First, the case with and without the side, top, and front panels:

Corsair600T_animOpenClosegif.gif

-

Before starting:

Click to Embiggen

All Finished:

Click to Embiggen

Click to Embiggen

All Closed up, ready for use:

Click to Embiggen

One thing I've learned here, apart from the case being damn awesome, is that photographing black equipment in a black case on a dark desk and black background can be kind of tricky. :)

Last edited:
My X58 Core i7 950 PC, finally complete in the new Corsair Graphite 600T.

First, the case with and without the side, top, and front panels:

Corsair600T_animOpenClosegif.gif

-

Before starting:

http://data.udhaonline.net/images/photos/2010_newSystemBuild/Corsair600T/DSC_0238.jpg

All Finished:

http://data.udhaonline.net/images/photos/2010_newSystemBuild/Corsair600T/DSC_0252.jpg

http://data.udhaonline.net/images/photos/2010_newSystemBuild/Corsair600T/DSC_0249.jpg

All Closed up, ready for use:

http://data.udhaonline.net/images/photos/2010_newSystemBuild/Corsair600T/DSC_0260.jpg

One thing I've learned here, apart from the case being damn awesome, is that photographing black equipment in a black case on a dark desk and black background can be kind of tricky. :)

Awesome case!
Awesome pics!
Awesome wire job!
Meh picture size. :(

My two i7 rigs, need to work on cabling a bit but all the wires are out of the way and hidden fairly well by side panels..

Main:
img0063qi.jpg

Secondary:
img0060xh.jpg

Both running F@H for the [H]orde!

Sorry for the small/crappy pic. lol Corsair did a really good job with their cable management.

Agreed - I have MUCH respect to any system builder that can lay down organized and well thought out wiring, clean, tight, and sweet.

Though I am proud of mine, I know the time it took to get what I have put together. The ones that have custom lengths and precise placements in the cases like what jack_burton1985 posted - I am simply in awe and amazed at that level of detail. Incredible cable management and forethought into placements and lengths, etc - its just simply awe inspiring to see such beauty in the wiring pics in here. Bravo and well done!!!!!!!

Here are my humble cable management entries from outside the case to inside. What I do not show is under the desk I took a 2x2 fiber duct I had from my Telecom install days made by Telect and screwed it up under my desk to have a track to run all my wires and hide them as much as possible. The ones I do show that are tie wrapped up the leg are feeding into that track, so they only come out and over to the upside of the desk where they are needed. The rack I have there was a tough one to clean up.

One of the major expenses not many people realize (which I am sure most in this thread do) is the freaking cost associated with cables that are not "the norm". When I got into this build I never expected spending as much as I did on the lengths needed to cover the span from "Frank" the to monitors (12+ Feet), the USB cables, the HDMI cables (From receiver to monitor), and the DVI cables (from Frank to all three monitors) - just amazing at the cost of those longer lengths. The sleeving and custom cable colors though were relatively cheap in comparrison but time consuming.

Build looks great but that sleeve needs a lot of work.. heatshrink is ungodly long and I dont like the weave..

You should be going for this
images

I'm pretty sure the length of the heatshrink is personal preference, no need to tell him what he "should" be going for.

Anyways, they all look pretty good, I'll be sure to post pics of mine on here once I'm all done with it.

it stays cooler than tower.
it's like your room is entire computer case.
+ Dust doesn't build up mad like tower cases. (easy to clean also)

my Crossfire 5870s stays 31 at idle no more than 70 at max.

i totally love this case over my old HAF fulltower

it stays cooler than tower.
it's like your room is entire computer case.
+ Dust doesn't build up mad like tower cases. (easy to clean also)

my Crossfire 5870s stays 31 at idle no more than 70 at max.

i totally love this case over my old HAF fulltower

thats sick as hell dude. can you run cfx in that case?

Back