Post your "rate my cables" here

In my opinion it would be GREATLY worth the time and adding/modifying holes in the back of the case as subtle as those should pose no real threat or negative side effects.

The main thing is that you realize there's remaining potential for the build and it's up to you to ease into the remaining processes.

Made some changes today, from:

talon_old.JPG

to:

talon.JPG

talon2.JPG

talon3.JPG

I made the same change with the mini P180 that my wife is now using, if you only need a single hard drive and optical drive it's more then worth it to yank those things...shame on Antec for not letting us install the intake fans with the drive cages in place. :(

that case looks so sick! love the mods you did. if the h50 is sucking air in which looks like it is then the 200mm fan is good because it's causing positive air pressure which is causing the h50 fan to suck even more air in.

Wow! I didn't know this thread existed.

I've been missing out on 450 pages of wire management! And all this time I thought I had a strange obsession. Haha. I feel normal again.

Better bust out my camera and get some advice from the pro's. Not very pleased with my current setup. You'll see why.

The HIVE is alive.... :rolleyes::D Going to change out that top exhaust fan's lights as soon as I get some more yellow LED strips.

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the "Big Boy" fan up top.

It seems like the H50 and the 200mm fan have to fight each other for airflow.

I ended up taking out the front fans. The H50 is an intake fan so the warmish air that comes through the radiator goes out the top. The big boy also moves enough air to feel it come through the front vents even on low.

Nice job,

One recommendation though: Since it appears you only have one hard drive in your system, I would move it to the lower chamber with the power supply. Once that's done I would remove the hard drive cage completely from the upper chamber.

Why aren't all cases built like this? Makes cable management SO much easier.
2wn35gm.jpg

11kus8j.jpg

slsgts.jpg

Specs:
CPU: Pentium 4 Northwood 3.2 GHZ w/HT
GPU: HIS Radeon x1650 pro AGP 512MB
HDD: 2 Quantum Fireball 30GB HDDs
RAM: 3GB DDR Corsair and OCZ Ram
Case: Yeong Yang YY-0221 (lightly modded)
Mobo: ASUS P4C800 Deluxe (brand new, original caps)
PSU: Etasis ET 750w
Media: 1 floppy, 1 CD
Cooler: ZALMAN CNPS-7500-ALCU

For making cable management so much easier, you sure have some terrible cable management.

Nice job,

One recommendation though: Since it appears you only have one hard drive in your system, I would move it to the lower chamber with the power supply. Once that's done I would remove the hard drive cage completely from the upper chamber.

There are lots of wires hidden back there ;)

Here's a build that I've just finished building for a friend. GTX 460, Asus P7P55D Pro, i5 760, couple of Samsung Spinpoints (F3 500GB and F4EG 2TB), and a CM Hyper 212 Plus.

Apologies in advance for the quality of the pictures, iPod touch 4G camera :S

Overall, really great case. I was wanting a Lian Li PC-7FN...but the price of this, along with quality, which is in a different league to my CM690, has made me decide to get this for my next build instead.

Last edited:
Here is my nearly finished case, the cabling is done how it will be after i finish painting so i thought i would show it off. Its a Lian Li V2000 Plus II

DSCN0453.jpg

DSCN0452.jpg

Here is my nearly finished case, the cabling is done how it will be after i finish painting so i thought i would show it off. Its a Lian Li V2000 Plus II

DSCN0453.jpg

DSCN0452.jpg

man, that is an AWKWARD looking case. looks like bad design to me. i would def use the bottom for a radiator.

would like to say that people have started using 550/450 paracord to sleeve wires. totally forgot my camera in my girl's car, so i cant post a pic, but today i sleeved a fan in this and it looks slick. got the idea from a post on overclock.net

man, that is an AWKWARD looking case. looks like bad design to me. i would def use the bottom for a radiator.

He ripped out nearly all the drive bays, that's why it looks so strange. There should be two sets of rails for harddrives down in the bottom, not one, allowing you to mount up to 12 3.5" HDDs. The top section should have rails all the way from top to bottom in the front, allowing you to mount 6 5.25" devices and a 3.5" (floppy) in the bottom-most position.

I guess he was going to airflow... but unless he's going to water, as you suggested, there's just a ton of useless space there now.

oh, it will eventually have a tripple 120 in the bottom at which time i will move the hard drives up under the CD rom. Bottom bay is being prepped for when i get my WC system again. And yes, i was also going to very high air flow so i didnt have to use as many case fans so my room would be quieter.

Time to share my home server. I just installed a new WD 2TB EARS (which i got for $80 thanks to slickdeals.net) and took the time to clean up the wire management.

The case is the Norco RPC-470. I will probably be changing cases soon, also was thinking of taking the case apart and painting it all black. That's a project I don't have time for these days.

Top view
DSCF0271.jpg

Same thing rotated 90 degrees
DSCF0275.jpg

Close up of drive area
DSCF0277.jpg

Close up of mobo area
DSCF0281.jpg

Same thing rotated 90 degrees
DSCF0273.jpg

Thoughts?

You put the sata controller on first pci cos he hide the sata port"s of the m/b?
Or smt else?

You put the sata controller on first pci cos he hide the sata port"s of the m/b?
Or smt else?

The SATA ports of the motherboard are actually near the bottom. Where the 1 red cable can be seen running to it.

The Raid Controller (adaptec 5405) is on the first PCI-E slot because it require a PCI-E 8x slot. This motherboard only has two PCI-E 16x lanes. So it was either that slot or down two. Since I am using a PCI graphics card (radeon 7000) I figured why not the first slot?

I originally had a motherboard with only 1 PCI-16x slot (GA-P35-DS3L), but that caused my adaptec contoller to not work properly so I got this SLI board instead (Asus P5N-D)

Midrange system:

CPU AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.90GHz skt AM3 box C3
MOBO Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
RAM Kingston HyperX XMP 4GB DDR3 1600MHz
VGA Sapphire Radeon HD6850 1GB DDR5 256-bit
Cooler Prolimatech Megahalems rev. B
HDD Western Digital 1TB SATA-III Black
Case CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus
PSU Gigabyte ODIN Pro 800W
DVDw LG GH22NS50 bulk black
FAN Xilence XP-F120.R
119174d1289388074-hafu-lu-marius-img_0020.jpg

119175d1289388074-hafu-lu-marius-img_0021.jpg

119178d1289388074-hafu-lu-marius-img_0026.jpg

119176d1289388074-hafu-lu-marius-img_0024.jpg

119171d1289388074-hafu-lu-marius-img_0007a.jpg

Last edited:
^^^
I'd rate your cables but I can''t see any. lol
Awesome wiring job. I now have a benchmark for my own wiring jobs

I tried... lol

I want to get a full tower but I love this Sunbeamtech case even thou it was a tight fit with these two cards :eek:

AN6YY.jpg

XuTu3.jpg

Back