Post your "rate my cables" here

Oxygen, 9.5/10. Red/yellow wires stick out to my eyes, that's pretty much all it is to get 10/10,

Good Job. :D

Before:
o15Nq.jpg

After:
nICua.jpg

Definitely worth the money. Even without HT, it still performs very well. :D

Off topic but I'd like to see another thread with information about performance gains.
Seems like your HD4870 would be a good match with the i5.

Well, considering that many here are already WITH to I7 my pc is no longer on the list of "top1000" but here he's still running my games, so I decided to wait for the I9 to see how it goes.
Thus, and with summer coming around here I decided to give one last upgrade on the system, changing the Akasa Nero and the chipset cooler, which is a noiser.
I found a 60mm CoolerMaster in my "junk" and it´s very quiet and runs at 4000rpm, doing a good job without the chipset even dream of getting close to the same noise that motherfucker standard cooler that comes in the mobo does.
For the processor I bought a Corsair H50, which is new, but the material I found on the Internet is very good:
DSCN0290.jpg

I spent a whole afternoon to try to improve the organization of cables inside the PC, but installing the Corsair H50 itself is very simple and quick ... I just tighten the screw before you put the "block" and so spent 20 minutes to install the kit, but I believe it can be done in less time, and it neatly!
Because, unfortunately, with the installation of the radiator panel acrylic for fans of Stacker did not close it, I had to "adapt" a panel in order to bring cold air into the cabinet, since it now runs out in summer would beg to have problems:
DSCN0303.jpg

DSCN0306.jpg

DSCN0307.jpg

These are the temperatures when the system is stock (for now, I'm going to play over after dinner: D), who has encouraged me a lot because they are only 30 degrees lower than with Nero (now is very hot in the room and to the tests I´m not using the air conditioner:

Boot (MCP temperature of 25 ° smaller and without the fan noise standard):
DSCN0305.jpg

System in Idle, 3min after running the Lynx (the temps fall in practically no time back to when idle):
StockIdle.png

Maximum temperatures recorded while running the Lynx to test all memory (the worst of the tests):
StockLynxAll.png

Final result:

Before new parts:
DSCN0286.jpg

Now:

DSCN0308.jpg

DSCN0293.jpg

DSCN0301.jpg

Now I'll play over and come back with new results! : D
Hugs
André.

Honestly I think those side fans are wasted for the most part. I mean, the chipset has its own fan that works just fine, and I am not sure what case that is, but if it has a side-exhaust fan of its own that should do a fine job at removing the hot air...

Need to order some longer sata cables and a few other things when i get money.
Yeah, it needs a bit of work. No offense :)

Updated pics with the black molex and heatshrink installed. Also swapped out the 3 foot ide cable for a 24" and sleeved the auxiliary pci-e cable. I Don't really care for the look of it, as the sleeving material is not what I expected, but it's hidden for the most part. I suppose I'm pretty satisfied with the overall look.

*just noticed this last pic makes the fin on my S1284 hsf look dented, but it isn't though. I was like wtf and got all worried lol. Wonder why it looks that way in that particular picture? That's weird.

Last edited:
I would like to post pictures of my recently finished rig - the cable management is the best part, but am not sure how to do that. I have seen pictures that show up directly on the thread (I think that is the best looking) and I have seen pictures posted to sites like photobucket, imageshack, etc, but they are either too small or my bandwidth is exceeded and I can't even see them. What is the best way?

Finally got around to finishing my case mod on my Lian Li V2000 +II case. Any suggestions on what i can do to help hide the rest of the cables?

DSCN0033.jpg

DSCN0034.jpg

CaseMod013.jpg

CaseMod014.jpg

CaseMod016.jpg

CaseMod019.jpg

alexcase.jpg

Q6600 @ 3.5 with xigy

2 x 4890 950 Core 1050 mem

PCP&C 750

Corsair dominator 2x2 1066 @ 5-5-5-15

DFI LP DK X48-T2RSB PLUS

2 x 250gb seagate raid 0, 500gb seagate storage

Raven RV02 (bear with me as I figure out how to post pics...)
HPIM1082.jpg

HPIM1085.jpg

HPIM1086.jpg

I had always HATED case lighting, but this somehow looks good (picture sucks, though, unsteady hands):
HPIM1090.jpg

Core i7 860 @ 3.65GHz
MSI P55-GD80
4GB G.Skill DDR3-2000 (another 4GB being RMA'd)
Radeon HD 5870

img0988j.jpg

img0989yc.jpg

img0990hd.jpg

img0991i.jpg

img0993y.jpg

Built with the help from the guys in General Hardware.<3
AMD X3 720 @ 3.6ghz (4th core unlocked)
Asus M4A785TD-V Evo
4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
Antec True Power New 550
Cooler Master Elite 335
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

Waiting until I get more cash monies to buy a HD 5850.

@vdragonlance:

Great rig. But looks like someone needs a 5870 :p. and possibly an sata hdd.

@vdragonlance:

Great rig. But looks like someone needs a 5870 :p. and possibly an sata hdd.
Thanks.
You're the second person who has told me to get a SATA HDD. :eek::p and I would love to have a 5870, but it's too much cash for me. :( A 5850 should be more than enough, though.:D

Last edited:
Thanks.
You're the second person who has told me to get a SATA HDD. :eek::p and I would love to have a 5870, but it's too much cash for me. :( A 5850 should be more than enough, though.:D

lol, or you could buy my gtx 260 and ill get a 5850 :)

Spent too much time on the wires. I even sleeved some of them. This is my first computer that I built that was modded. Besides the cabling and sleeving, I put in 4 switches that run power to 4 Sata hard drives.

The before pictures
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy142/webberson/IMG_1872.jpg
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy142/webberson/IMG_1870.jpg

The after pictures
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy142/webberson/IMG_1880.jpg
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy142/webberson/IMG_1879.jpg

I am trying to find a good way to re-organize the front-audio cable so it's not an obvious snake around like that and the USB front port cables, hdd/power/reset led cables also. But here it is...

Like this maybe?
Straight down from where it enters the main area of the case and then back up and over-

keeper4.jpg

You could tuck it under the clips for the DIMM slots

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_9eP7xSIBbk4/SrhSNdyWwTI/AAAAAAAAWAc/WGxMbdVicQs/s800/F1.jpg[/I]

[IMG]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9eP7xSIBbk4/SrhSL3dlbcI/AAAAAAAAV_0/dpUe04uhWm4/s800/back.jpg[/I] [/QUOTE]

That looks really good!

Where did you acquire those tubes that you ran the wires through? They look good and would be really useful covering up my front panel wires.

That looks really good!

Where did you acquire those tubes that you ran the wires through? They look good and would be really useful covering up my front panel wires.

Those you should be able to get in an electric store (not electronics), those that sell cables, zip ties etc should have those tubes. They are used in electric installations! Atleast here in Sweden. :)

how does the top one breathe?!

i think it breathes through the holes in the end, but im not really sure how thats enough to cool that red hot beast. side note: i didnt realize just how big that case was until i saw the sodimms. they look half as big as they should. :eek:

Back