Post your "rate my cables" here

WOW, a thread that has been running for 5 years and with 413 pages and over 8,000 posts
now thats just freakin huge!!

WOW, a thread that has been running for 5 years and with 413 pages and over 8,000 posts
now thats just freakin huge!!

Yes, can we please stay on topic now?

@siralexu: Thats pretty good wire management there, btw what motherboard are you using there?

@siralexu: Thats pretty good wire management there, btw what motherboard are you using there?

Its a gigabyte g33m-ds2r basicly a p35 with integrated graphics a great board managed to get my e7300 up to 4ghz+ before my corsair psu died on me but now with my el cheapo psu is bairly stable at 3ghz :(

Here's the new Silverstone FT01. I switched from a Lian-Li V1200. After 3 years, I decided the Lian-Li was too big :) .

1.jpg

5.jpg

I still need to fabricate a mesh panel to hide the PSU and install the SATA optical drives that are on order. The cabling in the rear needs tended to, also.

My son's mid lvl gamer...no video card yet...just finished yesterday.
Only my second PC to build, and first real attempt at hiding the wires.

001a.jpg

043.jpg

021-1.jpg

038-1.jpg

040.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

046-1.jpg

I'm at work typing on my phone, so I'll give the quick version lol

Antec 300 case
AMD Phenom 9850 BE CPU
2 x 2GB OCZ SLI Ready DDR2 800
Xigametek Dark Knight Cooler
Rosewell 610w 80+ Bronze PSU
Seagate 500GB HDD
Sony Optirac 24x DL DVD Burner
Gigabyte 790GX Main Board (full name escapes me but there's a thread about it in AMD CPU (section)

heres mine. its a small case but i think i did well enough.

lianlia05b.png

rating? critiques?

Last edited:
4/5. BTW.. how are you too use your computer with the PSU at the front? Sorry never seen a case like that. :(

4/5. BTW.. how are you too use your computer with the PSU at the front? Sorry never seen a case like that. :(

lol yeah its layout throws some people off. it has back to front airflow. the psu and an additional 120mm fan expel air out the front. it actually works really well as this layout supplies the CPU with cold air as soon it enters the case.

thats actually really good especially considering its your 2nd build and its a non modular PSU!

4.3/5

Thanks...I didn't like the look of the PSU stuffed next to it, so I rerouted out instead. I also cut a piece of the shipping styrofoam that came from with the case and painted it black, and used it behind the tray to cover up that section of wires, and help keep the air flow from the front intakes from leaking.

054.jpg

058.jpg

012-1.jpg

010.jpg

043-1.jpg

Last edited:
Replaced stock red SATA cables with some black 90deg locking cables.

Before:
2891496878_5115a9d62f.jpg

After:
3436180487_a2085d2759.jpg

I used to have that case on my old Media PC.

I liked it a lot except the two rear fans died and could never find replacements.

Got a new PSU today and put that in, so here's what mine currently looks like. I might mess with it more at a later point, but I'm happy with it for now. I've already got some places cut in the case for cable management, but the new PSU is sleeved, so I couldn't spread out the wires in certain spots like I did with the previous PSU.

IMG_2610.jpg

Contents04.jpg

DriveMounting02.jpg

Thought I'd add my rig into the mix. These pics are close to what I have now but a tad outdated. The motherboard has been changed to an x58 and the Asus 4850 is no longer with me. Instead I have a defective GTX 295 :eek: !!!

Anyways, I'm going to snag me an ATCS 840 as soon as I see a good sale come up. Then I'll redo everything and custom paint the innards, too. I'm pretty excited about that. The Rocketfish Lian Li has certainly been a good case to me, though. $50 plus $40 for the custom transparent side window. So worth it.

Anyways, I'm going to snag me an ATCS 840 as soon as I see a good sale come up.

Lol, the same path I went with my Rocketfish. By the way, you will love the 840, so much room and it's freakin' awesome for a watercooling setup. :)

Turn on the lights will ya? :p

Lol. The cables are UV reactive, hehe. I do have a lighted picture but it really doesn't look as cool. The cables are actually kind of a mess right now, because I'm soon going to have to send off my 295 anyways for repairs. :(

Looks pretty good imo! Nice zip-tie-fu you got going there... ;) Though I would've wrapped, tucked or bundled the HSF cable somewhere else rather than around the fan, dunno, that's just me. Probably easiest to take on/off the way you did it though.

It doesn't look to bad really. I usually tuck my power cables between the drives if they will fit and not restrict airflow too much. Also, Try getting as short of SATA cables as you can that will reach. Monoprice has some cheap ones you can pick up, with fair shipping, and that might help a little. Or you can use longer ones and send them under each drive as well. I really like the look of my drive management after doing that in my own case. I'll post a pic of it for ya:

DriveMounting01.jpg

I also switched to black SATA cables. Made them look smaller and more blended since the drives are all black where the connectors come in. I've also considered painting the SATA connectors black, but I would worry about the paint eventually cracking and falling off. I wonder if there's a solution without buying all black ones. Or if anyone knows where to get completely black modular PSU SATA cables that aren't crazy expensive... It's not too bad because they're sleeved mostly, but again, right where the connectors are you have that glaring yellow, red and orange.

Cable management really takes a lot of work, but it's so worth it when you get that slick look and improved airflow. I loved the way my case looked inside before I upgraded to i7 and it became a mess again. Connectors on my new board are in different places and angles, so I am going to have to redo everything.

Here's the new Silverstone FT01. I switched from a Lian-Li V1200. After 3 years, I decided the Lian-Li was too big :) .

[snip]http://home.comcast.net/~odnt/1.jpg[/snip]

[snip]http://home.comcast.net/~odnt/5.jpg[/snip]

I still need to fabricate a mesh panel to hide the PSU and install the SATA optical drives that are on order. The cabling in the rear needs tended to, also.

Which way is your V8 pushing air? I mounted mine upside down as per the documentation, but I have a crappy feeling I did it wrong X_X

Praxis, before mounting the V8, I took it apart to sleeve the fan and make sure it was blowing the direction I wanted it to. It's blowing out the back of the case.

Praxis, before mounting the V8, I took it apart to sleeve the fan and make sure it was blowing the direction I wanted it to. It's blowing out the back of the case.

Ah, I see. I tried pulling the top off, but it's harder than it looks. I'll have to disassemble the whole thing just to get this heatsink off.

Oh well, in a few weeks I'm planning to buy a new P80 and a fully modular PSU. Once I have the time to sit down and work on cabling, I'll have to post a picture, with the fan blowing correctly...

Is the X25 attached to anything or what? Doesn't it get hot on that corner of the case w/the PSU? Nice job overall though, gotta love the P182, can't even see where all those SATA cables are going in the first few pics.

Am I the only one that gets some sort of giddy feeling every time he sees 6 DIMM slots full like that? :p geek4life

Is the X25 attached to anything or what? Doesn't it get hot on that corner of the case w/the PSU? Nice job overall though, gotta love the P182, can't even see where all those SATA cables are going in the first few pics.

Am I the only one that gets some sort of giddy feeling every time he sees 6 DIMM slots full like that? :p geek4life
well I had some masking tape on the back, but looking at the pics I noticed it looked like the SATA power cable was a little loose and I think it might have slipped down a bit
so I just replaced the masking tape with velcro - will probably leave a residue if I remove it, but that shouldn't be any time soon
none of the SSDs I've owned have ever felt any warmer than a USB thumb drive to the touch so I don't see any reason it would get hot

These are not the best pictures, but I just finished a rewiring job today. I probably should've taken some photos with the side panel off. I'm pretty satisfied with the results... The only thing I'm not happy about is the mess of cables bunched up in front of the PSU, but as it is non-modular, there's nothing I can really do.

IMG_0268%20%28800x533%29.jpg

IMG_0269%20%28533x800%29.jpg

Looks good, but most of the cabling is blocked by the plastic and metal of the side window.

Back