Post your "rate my cables" here

The "Tyr" X500 and X2000 have black interiors. But yeah, no Lian-Li case that resembles psyshack's comes stock with a black interior.

Psyshack, is your pump just dangling back there or is there some support shelf that's not apparent?

Its on a bracket I made.

S7300439.JPG

Some nice systems in here, mine isn't quite finished yet (changing to a modular PSU, adding some white lighting, upgrading the HDs and adding an optical drive) but here's how it looks atm.

24qtvsl.jpg

33ohzq8.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics, I'll get some better ones when it's all done :)

Don't mind the lower right corner wires, I added those so i could load W7 on a couple drive in Raid0

P3170009.jpg

This is my Media Center computer.

I cut through the power supply's chassis and part of the case so cabling could be routed directly under the motherboard as much as possible. Thanks to the PSU's fan this also had the side benefit of increasing airflow to the digital tuner hidden in that corner which is normally a bit of a dead spot for airflow. I trimmed all the metal edges to prevent cable damage.

I also modified the PCI-E power connector on the video card so the cable can run through the card and exit at the opposite end where it disappears under the motherboard.

System is an Intel Core 2 Duo E8600, GeForce 9600GT, 4GB RAM, 2x 1TB HDD, Blu-Ray reader, Asus Xonar D2PM, Hauppauge HVR-2200 tuner. Runs very quiet and cool, which surprises me. Antec did a great job designing this case and I'm very happy with it, even though I think it is butt ugly.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

This is my Media Center computer.

I cut through the power supply's chassis and part of the case so cabling could be routed directly under the motherboard as much as possible. Thanks to the PSU's fan this also had the side benefit of increasing airflow to the digital tuner hidden in that corner which is normally a bit of a dead spot for airflow. I trimmed all the metal edges to prevent cable damage.

I also modified the PCI-E power connector on the video card so the cable can run through the card and exit at the opposite end where it disappears under the motherboard.

System is an Intel Core 2 Duo E8600, GeForce 9600GT, 4GB RAM, 2x 1TB HDD, Blu-Ray reader, Asus Xonar D2PM, Hauppauge HVR-2200 tuner. Runs very quiet and cool, which surprises me. Antec did a great job designing this case and I'm very happy with it, even though I think it is butt ugly.

*snip snip*

Wow, that CPU heat sink is perfect right there. I don't know if they're made for those cases or whatever, but that is PERFECT! You couldn't ask for better positioning

correct me if im wrong but would a air duct from back hole to the cpu cooler give better cooling?

Some nice systems in here, mine isn't quite finished yet (changing to a modular PSU, adding some white lighting, upgrading the HDs and adding an optical drive) but here's how it looks atm.

*snip*
*snip*

Sorry for the crappy pics, I'll get some better ones when it's all done :)

What Lian Li case is that? I thought it was a V1000 series, but those cases don't look to be as long as yours.

Nice window cutout, guessing you did it yourself? (as well as the white-painted sections of the case) Nice speakers too... :p

The painting I done myself, I designed the window but I did get that cut for me (hey, wasn't going to wreck a discontinued case, can't get another one :p).

The speakers are Mezzo 2s btw :D

Rocking the SB Live and horribly disfigured PATA cables! :p Edit: Where are the molex connectors that are headed off-picture going? And is it me or is that a 60mm rear fan? Heh.

Ehh.. It's pretty easy if you end up yanking and tossing a lot of drives in and out for whatever reason, and if you happen to be short on molex leads and you jerry rig Y splitters and extensions all over the place... I think I see that happening with the fans in that very pic, and look at the length of his main ATX cable, it's anemic.

It's a v1200+ II, the e-atx version of the v1000 :)

dwaqo7.jpg

4lpml4.jpg

p1stx.jpg

Are those case what the Voodoo computers use? Except with 1 more hdd bay area and a rebatched logo and mounting holes to mount w/cing?

And also in your Antec Media Center, what motherboard and cpu cooler you using there? Looks real neat.

Are those case what the Voodoo computers use? Except with 1 more hdd bay area and a rebatched logo and mounting holes to mount w/cing?

And also in your Antec Media Center, what motherboard and cpu cooler you using there? Looks real neat.

The old Voodoo Omen (Rage F: 5) was kind of like the V1200 in terms of the front panel "mesh" and the interior layout but the Omen was heavily modified and used a traditional rectangle outer case, whereas the V1200 is rounded off. The last gen Omen however, was built from the ground up by Voodoo PC.

I think they used highly modified v2000s iirc, not any more though.

Motherboard is an MSI P35 Diamond, cooler is an OCZ Vendetta 2 but I've painted the fan to match the colour scheme.

The 'Antec case' is actually my Azur 340 stereo amp :p

Looks slick! How did you cut out under the mobo?

A small hole saw and lots of filing :p

Main Question is for Smoove

Do you have pictures of your wire routing? I have the same case.

Not as uber nice as all of you previous folks who have posted, but mATX is hard to do much with to begin with.

Enjoy...

Big fan of HardOCP and their shenanigans and tech info. Just now getting into the message boards and came across this thread.

This took me 17 total hours spread over 3 days. I originally took pictures of every step but It was becoming too time consuming. Basically, the wires run behind the motherboard plate and come through holes and lay under the motherboard with the majority of the cable length still behind the backplate. Note that I selected the non-modular power supply so to prevent cables from showing. Remember the rule: There is ALWAYS room for improvement!

SPECS:

Rocketfish rebranded Lian-Li Full Tower
Intel Core i7 920 overclocked at 4GHZ
Crucial 3GB DDR3-1333MHZ
Asus P6T
eVGA 280 GTX
Western Digital 1TB Black HDD
ThermalRight Ultra Extreme 120
Raidmax 700W (NON-Modular)
LiteOn DVD Burner
120MM Scythe Casefan

Last edited:
It looks...weird. Stick a pc in there or use it for optical media storage.

Back