Post your "rate my cables" here

Density aw-rays winz!

Having a bad time trying to cable manage in the Antec 1200, with 2 GTX 285s and a HX1000. I mean the left side is absolutely clean as I could make it, but the right-side panel where the wires hide are just aching to explode out of the case. The panel pops off when I remove the screws lol.

My last post was deleted, so here are some new pictures from todays rebuild.

3292243838_56770a2c91.jpg

3292241444_f46ca6f5b4.jpg

3292242354_6db8fe788b.jpg

3292240318_eac62402eb.jpg

I caught a little flack last time I posted about my "sagging" video card. Well, the situation has been rectified! Spankin' new XFX GTX 285 XXX edition arrived Tuesday. Jumped my 3DMark Vantage Score by 9000 points! Runs Crysis on Very High at 35 FPS, COD4 around 180+!
004.jpg

007.jpg

latestrewire007.jpg

latestrewire008.jpg

And I got some better pictures of my vertically mounted hard drive cage. Really hides the cables well and cools the drives very efficiently too. Oh, and 8 gigs of RAM is awesome. Loads a map in COD4 multiplayer in about 4-7 seconds.

My compliments on the wiring, mutti_wilson, and especially the paint job. The 'after' pic doesn't even look like the same computer.

RAFA's computer is also looking particularly good, as is LOCO LAPTOP's, (but then, nice wiring seems to be the norm in watercooled rigs for some reason).

I don't know if I should post mine. Its an OEM Gateway FX system and the cable management is horrible in it. There is a lot of room for improvement in the case though.

Someone please explain how you can mount hdd's backwards in a thermaltake tsunami... I can't do it, the screw holes don't line up, and I'm not 100% sure how people do the zip tie method. Anyone whos managed this in a Tt tsunami please post :"D

Decided to post mine.
IMG_0304.jpg

I should be ordering a few things from ppc's soon to help clean it up. As well as a few fans(2 for side intake and one for rear exhaust). And Probably a fan controller and a few fan cable extensions. Maybe a 6 pin pci-e extension for the gpu.

thecomputeraddict, i tthink you need to drop down that sound card, or whatever that is underneat the GPU. That isnt helping temps at all.

And, yes, you *need* a rear fan

thecomputeraddict, i tthink you need to drop down that sound card, or whatever that is underneat the GPU. That isnt helping temps at all.

And, yes, you *need* a rear fan

Its actually a tv tuner card and I'm probably just going to pull it out because I have absolute no need for it.

ah, okay. Yeah, that is really limiting airflow. When i had my 9600gt in, with the stock cooler, i had a US card directly below... I took the USB card out, and it dropped my temps by 4 degress.

ah, okay. Yeah, that is really limiting airflow. When i had my 9600gt in, with the stock cooler, i had a US card directly below... I took the USB card out, and it dropped my temps by 4 degress.

When I order my exhaust fan, I plan on ordering 2 extras and rig up a side intake to get more cooler air in the for the gpu and cpu. There is already a large vent on the side that will accomadate 2 120mm fans with the help from some double sided tape. Going to get a rheobus as well and some 3pin fan cable extensions to control the noise level and airflow. I have way to many things for this planned. Its probably not a good idea to do all of them seeing as its not even paid for yet.

b82ty0.jpg
29xg66o.jpg

2m6sbie.jpg
vqp91w.jpg

mli7nd.jpg

HDD is missing because I have a 2.5" laptop drive mounted on the back of the motherboard tray ;)
Doesn't interfer with the side panel on, perfectly flat

Decided to post mine.
IMG_0304.jpg

I should be ordering a few things from ppc's soon to help clean it up. As well as a few fans(2 for side intake and one for rear exhaust). And Probably a fan controller and a few fan cable extensions. Maybe a 6 pin pci-e extension for the gpu.

What motherboard is that your using?

Well guys, I haven't been around for QUITE awhile I know, but I picked up a new case for my mATX system (actually, my wife did) so I thought I'd give you all a taste (and show you all how it's done). ;) :D

I haven't seen to many pics of the Antec Mini P180 and I was actually extremely surprised at how easy it was to wire everything up nice and neat.

I'm sorry for the crappy picture quality, I have no idea what was going on with my camera yesterday...ended up messing with brightness and contrast a bit so hopefully it doesn't look TO bad. I might get a better picture taken down the road.

The nice thing is that if I don't decide to add any more hard drives to the system I can remove the second hard drive cage and the bar/shelf beneath it to give me room to install a 2x120 radiator and put together a watercooling loop without doing any external modifications to the case.

This case is a dream to work with if you're a mATX fan, so many little details are taken care of...I honestly cannot come up with a SINGLE thing about this case that I have any issues with, congrats Antec.

EnderW, i dont know if anyone has asked this, but heck...

are you sure that a 380w PSU can handle those 10 drives?

I'd be a bit afraid...

at startup system peaks at 240W, idles at around 100W (measured with a killawatt)

Thanks for all the kind words so far guys, it's nice to know that there's still people around here that appreciate what I do after all these years.

I may not be as active on the forums as I used to be but it's quality and not quantity that counts right? :)

Just finished my first build in a LONG time. This was a major upgrade for me. Very fun! This PC runs so fast, cool and quiet. I love it. Specs in sig... comments welcome...

donnpc1.png

donnpc2.png

donnpc3.png

donnpc4.png

Not much to say except for perfection! Only thing I can think of to better it would be to powdercoat black but cables are awesome!

img00076.jpg

Put to shame by some of the stuff in this thread, but I can't really justify working on it when I plan on getting a new case and a modular power supply.

Back