Post your "rate my cables" here

mnmm.jpg

Not trying to be captain d-bag here... but you have to be able to do better than this!

Honestly.. the case looks ruined.. lol. I don't mean to be mean, but it just looks like he just draped newspaper over the case, sprayed it with $2.99 Autozone spraypaint, and threw the parts in there. ugh.. I really hope it's a joke. :(

lmao

I like the fan at the bottom... that's not really blowing on anything and can't really get air from anywhere.:confused:

I wish there was a smily that looked like it had it's head down, hands over eyes and nodding no.:(

ooo hot damn you got that new lian li case. where did you get that mesh thing for the ram cooler?

notice you're running 2 velociraptors....damn thats one heck of a computer. looks like a 790i board as well....really nice job on the cabling....especially the ATX pwoer cable.

any more pics?

I think the angle of the shot and the case itself helped some, but that still looks really hot 2red, nice job! Looks really industrial/server-ish, heh, not like a regular tower system. What LiLi case is that? looks interesting, I guess what's typically the side of the case is actually the front there (or your optical drives just open to the side)...

the overspray is covered by the side panels, hence why I did not bother covering up those panels,when painting... as for the bulge near the mobo, try hiding 2 6 pin to molex connectors in the 1cm of space between the side panel and the mobo tray, as clearly none of you, as one put d-bags, ever had this case...
P7210122.jpg

yeah, the overspray is so terribly noticeable :rolleyes:

Wow, tonight must be the night for trouble here.

I have a rocketfish under my desk as I type.

I won't even comment on the rest of your case.

...not to be a d-bag, huh

as for the bulge near the mobo, try hiding 2 6 pin to molex connectors in the 1cm of space between the side panel and the mobo tray

Zip ties would still make it look less messy... or get some cable sleeving.

Take this for example. PC-70, same size as your Rocketfish.

DSCF0260.jpg

I have a TON of drives in there, 13 to be exact. No I can't hide the cables but I zipped them all together in an orderly fashion and I dare say it looks cleaner, even with more of them than your little bunch.

We aren't bashing you or being dbags. We are giving you suggestions. After all this is the "RATE my cables" thread.

the overspray is covered by the side panels, hence why I did not bother covering up those panels,when painting... as for the bulge near the mobo, try hiding 2 6 pin to molex connectors in the 1cm of space between the side panel and the mobo tray, as clearly none of you, as one put d-bags, ever had this case...
P7210122.jpg

yeah, the overspray is so terribly noticeable :rolleyes:

This thread is called "rate my cables" and frankly your cable skillz are shit.

You don't need to hide anything, if your cables are not long enough, make them long enough.

Also, that shocking paint job isn't hidden by anything, if you ever want to show off your cable skillz (which you lack) you would take the side off.

Take a look at some of the excellent mods in this thread, you should be ashamed.

Managed to get a high res version upped on to photobucket
IMG_7272sm.jpg

Might take some more angles if anyone is interested

Question..what is the trick to hiding the wiring? hiding it behind the tray?

Yes, thats what most of us do. You can also sleeve your wires to be the same color as your case, but that only works with one or two wires, if you have a big wad of them that are the same color, its still obvious. It helps if you have a nice case with cable management holes already cut, such as the Antec 1200 or CoolerMaster HAF, which are both excellent cases for <200.

Nope - I use Distilled Water, works great and temps are low (around 32 load).

I can't remember specifics but the point of the coolant additive is to prevent corrosion, which is a problem when you have different metals interacting directly with water, especially Aluminium and Copper (your rad will be aluminium and your CPU and VGA block is copper).

IIRC because you have aluminium, copper and water in the same loop it actually generates a small amount of voltage in the water and unfortunately a voltage induced body of water actually assists the process of oxidisation, its a vicous cycle.

Also, where are you getting your temps from? 32C seems very low, even for water.

Question..what is the trick to hiding the wiring? hiding it behind the tray?

I agree with what SDMorris wrote.

There are many good techniques to hiding your wires... it really all depends on which case you have or choose. Some cases have multiple chambers that assist in the hiding process greatly... and some have a nice large area behind the mobo tray. All in all however, it basically comes down to each particular case and it's characteristics. Then again there's always the modular power supply trick ;)

If you want to accomplish any kind of wire management, do not get an Antec 900. The worst cable management, EVER!

I can't remember specifics but the point of the coolant additive is to prevent corrosion, which is a problem when you have different metals interacting directly with water, especially Aluminium and Copper (your rad will be aluminium and your CPU and VGA block is copper).

IIRC because you have aluminium, copper and water in the same loop it actually generates a small amount of voltage in the water and unfortunately a voltage induced body of water actually assists the process of oxidisation, its a vicous cycle.

Also, where are you getting your temps from? 32C seems very low, even for water.

This may be so but i clean the waterblock every 3 months (which is usually not very bad anyway) and i change the water out every month. This helps to keep anything that gets into the stream from doing to much harm. I get my temps from HWMonitor. The cores are 32 and 34 and when at load they rise to 45 and 48.

This may be so but i clean the waterblock every 3 months (which is usually not very bad anyway) and i change the water out every month. This helps to keep anything that gets into the stream from doing to much harm. I get my temps from HWMonitor.

Whoa, you have way too much time on your hands, I drained my loop last month and filled it with fresh water plus additive, never cleaned it before that and I have had it for about 20 months, all I did was flush the loop with tap water and refilled it with distilled water + coolant.

Also you can't clean the inside of your rad, and you definitely can't clean corrosion.

The cores are 32 and 34 and when at load they rise to 45 and 48.

You realise that in your last post you said 32 under load, my temps are around 30 idle and they shoot up to 60 when running IntelBurntest, 50 running prime (E6600 @ 3.6 Gghz Vcore 1.5v PLL 1.6v)

Q6600 @ 3.6 cooled by Xigmatek
Asus P5Q-pro
8GB Gskill Ram
MSI 4850
2 x WD640GB HDDs
Optiarc DVD burner
Audigy 2 ZS
Corsair HX620W PSU
Antec P182se

Back