Post your "rate my cables" here

Let me know what else I can hide and how do I hide it, thanks!

lianlipcp6012052908kk3.png

what else can you hide there?:D looks nice and very clean.

P4rD0nM3, you did that just to show off :D

Really nice job, seems that that case is pretty good for cable management...

Let me know what else I can hide and how do I hide it, thanks!

lianlipcp6012052908kk3.png

lianlipcp6011052908io4.png

looks great.
ideas: (because you asked, not that you NEED it...)
black sata cable,
wrap the end of the main power cable to hide the multicolor wires,
get a rounded ide cable instead of the one you have (though the 90 degree bend is clean)
maybe buy braided cable and wrap the front panel connectors on the bottom.

1. What kind of molex removers should I buy to do that?
2. I'm in the process of sleeving each wire on the 24 pin power cable and the PCI-E cable.
3. I'm going to re-sleeve the Apogee Drive cables too.
4. And definitely sleeving the front panel connectors and every single wire I see.
5. Hmm, I might do the black SATA cable, the thing is I have to order everything online since I live in a mountain and there's no computer store near me at all.
6. Do rounded cables really look better? I don't know how to hide those cables.

Things I need but I don't know where to order/buy cheap.

1. Molex Connector removers.

Just paint the flat IDE cable black and put a couple coats of clear on it. Rounded don't really look better, they're harder to keep out of the way.

Or, better yet, vinyl dye it.

Just paint the flat IDE cable black and put a couple coats of clear on it. Rounded don't really look better, they're harder to keep out of the way.

Or, better yet, vinyl dye it.

yep. really hot water + RIT dye. they'll be dyed black.

or cut a slot and route it into that right off the mobo... could work.

RIT dye, isn't that something you used on clothing? Sound complicated! Lol! I actually haven't cut anything yet on that case. Hehehe.

RIT dye, isn't that something you used on clothing? Sound complicated! Lol! I actually haven't cut anything yet on that case. Hehehe.

my brother does it for the plastic head on his lacrosse stick... i tried it, and i haven't found a plastic it wont dye. permanently, with no chipping like paint.

yep. really hot water + RIT dye. they'll be dyed black.

Really hot WATER on IDE cables? I thought you were never supposed to put anything from your computer anywhere near water (with the obvious exception of water cooling) for risk of shorting and damaging components...

You don't do it while they're plugged into the computer. They're disconnected, and they're only wires anyway.. it's not like they're going to fry. Use your head a little...

Eh... you're a business major, I'll cut you a break.

You don't do it while they're plugged into the computer. They're disconnected, and they're only wires anyway.. it's not like they're going to fry. Use your head a little...

I figured you'd take the cables out to do it, lol.
But if I had cables that had gotten wet, say, by accident, I would normally throw them away, not reuse them.
so it's all good as long as you're careful?

Eh... you're a business major, I'll cut you a break.

ouch :D:D:D

It's for that reason I REFUSE to buy a mobo with any power connectors.. or sata connectors in the middle of the board. Mobo makes need to get their act together, and keep ALL the connectors on the edge.

Updated. How about now?

lianlipcp60053108vs0.png

lianlipcp603052908tw3.png

The IDE blends with the aluminum so I don't think I need to dye it black...

When I got into PC's for gaming (coming from 10 years of Mac's), I didn't feel like spending a ton of money quite yet on a really nice case, so i used a buddy of mine's old Alienware case. It was missing the 5.25" drive rails and the 3.5" cages, but i still made it work. I also don't have an optical drive so that's why it looks a bit cleaner.

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

I just did a complete overhaul on my rig...

I routed all of the wires as best I could given the fact that I was excited to get the new motherboard up and running :D I am going to get in there and fix a few of the wires after I get everything setup how I want. I stuffed all the PSU wires in the bottom chamber in front of the PSU... when the side panel is on it don't matter anyway... if you can't see them, they aren't there ;)

Looks great dude, i'm trying to figure out how to route my mess in a similar case...this inspires me :p

Nothing special really. First build, let me know what you think.

DSCF0220.jpg

DSCF0222.jpg

That item you see in the floppy drive would be this device, quite a nice little cooler if i do say so myself. My homeade fan thingy dropped me 4*

This is a pic of it before it was sanded down and etc.
DSCF0205.jpg

I tried really hard and this was the final attempt on the wiring. I'm much happier now than the first time I tried.

Before pics -- Here

And the final attempt. I know it's not perfect, but quite an imporvement in my opinion from the last one. I found it hard to do much with such a space between the power supply and video cards. Or rather the motherboard itself.

2ugeaeq.jpg

That looks really clean, missing theory. Much cleaner than before. Nice stuff.

criccio, I did the same thing, switch from Mac to PC.

Two Chieftec/Alienware cases? Retro :D

Here's my P180 with my NB fan mod on my Maximus Formula.

nbfan003.jpg

nbfan001.jpg

nbfan002.jpg

006.jpg

Could clean up a bit here, but this area isn't the important area.

Nice job nukeulater. Any pics showing the cold cathodes? They light up the mesh front panel I'm assuming since you don't have a window or anything? Case looks real nice though.

nice work NukeULater!!
Thank you, it really takes some time to make the cables look good.

Nice job nukeulater. Any pics showing the cold cathodes? They light up the mesh front panel I'm assuming since you don't have a window or anything? Case looks real nice though.
Correct, the CCL's shine through the front mesh. I painted the inverter black and velcroed it to the case above the optical drives. It looks really nice and sleak.
DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0058-1.jpg

1100.jpg

There isn't much room behind the mobo tray so yeah. Again, excuse the dud quality.

Show us then behind the mobo thinky. Lets see how much cables there XD
Or hey, cut all the cables. Than you dont have to worry about bad airflow or cable managment ;)

Back