Post your "rate my cables" here

eokorie: you should turn your hard drives around so you can hide the cables better

Took the time to clean up the clean up the cables in my pc:

Transformed the cabling from this:

to this:

Planning to buy some longer SATA cables to clean the case even more
Now we know who killed all of the telletubbies.

Hello all~

After upgrading my main rig (pictures are coming), I decide clean up 2nd rig. Check the SIG for specs.

Main case is Aluminium which was a lot easier to cut, but this antec metal case took me 2 days for cutting..

Followings are what I've done so far:
(1) replaced the one of 3.5" holder @ the bottom for HDD holder.
(2) replaced side panel.
(3) re-route the wires.
(4) both front and rear fans (2 of 80mm) were replaced for 120mm (Yate Roon).

Hope you enjoy the pics and C&C please~

Hello all~

Here is my main rig. Check the SIG for specs.

It's been updated from post # 5432, if anyone got curious. It's Aluminium case has been survived for many years, and I finally started cutting some off~

Followings are what I've done so far:
(1) installed HDD holder. ("iCage")
(2) installed front panel which is covering gap from (1).
(3) re-route the wires.
(4) front fans (2 of 80mm) were replaced for 120mm (Yate Roon).

Hope you enjoy the pics and C&C please~

[Just got the new DVD Burner for main rig]

[Another shot of New DVD Burner]

rybeck, if you painted that wood fan holder black, or put a black vinyl overlay on it, it would look much nicer. :)

rybeck that's some very nice wiring. I wish mine looked as good.
Computer005.jpg

Kinda old but still looks the same.

shit, that looks hot. Makes me want 4gigs of memory with gold heatspreaders.
@ Dachink,
Trust me, once you get 4GB, immediately you want MORE... :)

rybeck, if you painted that wood fan holder black, or put a black vinyl overlay on it, it would look much nicer. :)
@ w1retap,
Thanks for suggestion. It might be one of ideas I'll work on near future but so far I have 'a kinda' theme going on... Here is the link for my work area setup @ home. You may notice, I use lot portion of raw material as element of design around the area. The theme is staying around...

rybeck that's some very nice wiring. I wish mine looked as good.
@ pazhman,
Thanks for kind words.
Took a good amount of hours to measure the portion I cut out.
After 6 years of being lazy, I did some work done, and yeap... happy with them so far~

yeah old Hiper 580, she will get a new PSU when I upgrade her to a C2D and a 8800GTX.

Heres my stacker 832. I have 6 hard drives, a DVD burner, floppy, fan controller, 7 120mm fans, and my 8800GTX. I think I wired it pretty well IMO.

_DSC5680.JPG

_DSC5677.JPG

_DSC5706.JPG

What do you think?

Here's my new build. Q6600, 8800GTX and 4hdds crammed into a Lian Li PC-A05b. Wish I had a modular PSU, and there isn't much room to work with here, comments welcome.

DSCF1192.JPG

DSCF1194.JPG

The mini mini tornado is really cool, and the components are top-notch as well!

As is goes for the cables I give you a 7/10 because of those sata cables, without them I will give you a 10/10! :D

Aldy: 7/10

Nice wiring job, but a few things need to happen before you get an 8 or a 9.

First, those SATA cables need to be placed behind the motherboard (drill a hole so they can exit through the tray)

Second, the USB/Sound hookups (those thick gray cables at the top) can actually be wedged between the board and the mobo tray. That way, they're too high up in the case to see through the window, and are hidden much better.

thanks for all the comments guys

the sata cables dont really bother me but i ordered longer ones anyhow
the usb leads however annoy me, I bought some black spiral wrap and its on its way

hope it helps

These are some temporary shots of my new build using a lent PCP&C 1kW power supply. Still waiting on my video card. I didn't put much effort into the cabling because I will be stripping everything out again when my 700w gets here :)

074mf4.jpg

075tw9.jpg

077ie7.jpg

073yz1.jpg

080kh9.jpg

088bt9.jpg

Back