Post your "rate my cables" here

watercomp.JPG

added some stuff ... ghetto rigged a USB flash drive internally for readyboost (was spare crap), and used an IDE->CF adapter for an old 1gb CF card I had. Backup all my major sensitive data to that as well as my external.

Cheers!

added some stuff ... ghetto rigged a USB flash drive internally for readyboost (was spare crap), and used an IDE->CF adapter for an old 1gb CF card I had. Backup all my major sensitive data to that as well as my external.

Cheers!
I like th internal USB drive for readyboost, how's you jerry rig that in there?

Where did you obtain those feet? :p

I made them! ;)

4 official NHL issue hockey pucks, drilled down about 1/2 way though using a 3/8" spade bit on my drill press, put in a 3/8" washer and a #6 bolt that is 1.5 inches long. Ran it through the puck, then through the existing case feet (look closely between the puck and the case bottom, you will see the original feet, but they are flipped over with the silver plastic on the puck, and the rubber foot going to the base of the case), screwed it into the bottom of the case, and then used a nylon lock nut inside the case to hold everything together.
:D

I like th internal USB drive for readyboost, how's you jerry rig that in there?

I used a pci bracket that has some USB ports mounted on it.. took them off the bracket and just plugged the header into the motherboard inside

before:
DSCN1880.jpg

after:
DSCN1917.jpg

In addition to changing around the wiring a bit, I also added 2 more sticks of 512, which will probably have to go, as they seem to be causing a lot of instability :(.

Cheers!

I LOVE the "DAMN IT" button! I'm cracking up! Where did you get that and what does it do?

I LOVE the "DAMN IT" button! I'm cracking up! Where did you get that and what does it do?

They were both a gift from my girlfriends mom/best friends mom.

(wtf mom's love me)

anyway, they're just keys with a flat back and some two-sided sticky tape. I didn't want to put them on my keyboard so I stuck 'em inside the case.

Recently upgraded, here's currently the best I can do. I suck major ass as cable management, could use a few tips? =P

wiresez1.jpg

New rig, same case :D

Year ago:

use some wire ties to tidy it up a little and you can also flip the hard drives around so that the cables all face the front of the case - that way they are hidden and no wires come out the back by the motherboard.

~NortH~

To everyone asking for help...

Zip ties are your friend ;)

Put a method into how you connect things. Try to route connectors/wiring so they don't cross one another, and right angles also help with making things look neater (if it's possible). elyrly, I see you have a modular psu, this can do worlds for your setup. V99, I can't tell on yours... seeing that it's a 600w Cooler Master it seems probable though. I'm not sure how either of you are on using solder, shrink wrap, and sleeving, but one of the great things about having a modular psu is you can wire molex connectors to the exact length that you need. Also, I haven't used NortHWizarD's hdd idea, but it's very feasible if you have room in front of the drives. baker97's idea I've used on both of mine to hide the wiring, it does wonders for the look of the case (though it's not possible with all cases without modification, the P180 comes to mind). Plus, with my TJ06 I slide the drives in that way anyway.

New rig, new case :)

PICT0657-1000.jpg

PICT0658-1000.jpg

It was suprisingly hard to wire with lack of room behind the mobo tray, so i bought oom to make the wires i couldnt hide look better :]]

What'dya think?

I'm back!!!

Currently moderating a forum with a very close friend but decided to mosey on back for some casual [H] posting to fill in the free time. :cool:

I was hoping a few people were still lingering around here from before...I won't take up too much cable picture space though...get on it people...the master's back. :cool:

lol. yo wat temps u getting @ that V? cause i want to do 3.0ghz but i can do 2.8ghz @ 1.55 and im too affraid to go to 1.65V. wat cooler u have?

sup corn...the v1000 still looking good?

Lookin' good...I don't have it yet though...hopefully trading with the guy in the next day or two...but I won't be actually using it until I can do the cuts I want and get it painted. :cool:

lol. yo wat temps u getting @ that V? cause i want to do 3.0ghz but i can do 2.8ghz @ 1.55 and im too affraid to go to 1.65V. wat cooler u have?

I'm actually only using a Zalman CNPS7000-CU at the moment...about 47C on max load with ~20C room temp. This chip hits a hard wall on air cooling and it's not physically possible to hit 3GHz on air...2.95GHz is possible and I was able to finish some benchmark runs...but 3.0's a no go. :(

Anyways...back on topic. :D

Not the cleanest setup, but not too shabby for having 4 hard drives and a outward facing hard drive bay = )

What do you guys think?

(Edit: Tinkered around a little bit more. Posted updated pics)

FullClosedR.jpg

FullOpenR.jpg

Do you have the ability to turn those drives around...that's really killin' it for me.

Aside from that...most of the front case leads/USB/FW cables down below could easily be stuffed up underneath the motherboard, and would clean up the messiest looking area in the case.

Do you have the ability to turn those drives around...that's really killin' it for me.

Aside from that...most of the front case leads/USB/FW cables down below could easily be stuffed up underneath the motherboard, and would clean up the messiest looking area in the case.

Thanks for the input. It is greatly appreciated

I could turn the drives around, however the mounting brackets would only be able to lock if the hard drive is pushed all the way in, thus no space for power cables and SATA cables. So my options are to leave them as they are...or turn them around, without them being locked. Which might lead to transporting issues and vibration issues.

As for the case leads, I'll see what I can do about stuffing them under the motherboard. I'm also thinking about getting rid of the D-bracket and it's ugly beige wiring.

For a pre-built that loop and wiring is pretty clean.

Agreed...I was very surprised myself...looks nice, and it'll be the case I'll have very soon so it gives me someone else to out-do in terms of wiring. ;) :D

As for the case leads, I'll see what I can do about stuffing them under the motherboard. I'm also thinking about getting rid of the D-bracket and it's ugly beige wiring.

Good stuff....those things haven't made their way into any of my cases in a VERY long time. Get some new pics asap. :cool:

Not the cleanest setup, but not too shabby for having 4 hard drives and a outward facing hard drive bay = )

What do you guys think?

(Edit: Tinkered around a little bit more. Posted updated pics)

http://www.freewebs.com/anewprelusion/fullopen2.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.freewebs.com/anewprelusion/hdbay2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

which fans are those on the hyper 6+?

Lian-Li PC-A05B Case

Can't turn the drives around due to WD serial locks installed. Also going to extend the fan wire in the upper left, it bothers me.

1000869xb4.jpg

Good stuff....those things haven't made their way into any of my cases in a VERY long time. Get some new pics asap. :cool:

I updated my original post with new pics. Changed the SATA wiring and got rid of the dbracket and firewire cables. As for the front audio cable, i was unable to stuff it under the motherboard because the cable consists of an AC plug, HD Audio plug, and Azalia plug. The HD and AC plugs don't fit under the motherboard. Hopefully some sleeving will remedy this nuisance.

which fans are those on the hyper 6+?

Here's the link to the fans on my Coolermaster Hyper 6+
http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/acc/011/sy1025sl12x_detail.html

Got mine from Newegg...

Quantity = 2
Fans = $9.98 ($4.99 each) (2000 RPM Version)
Tax (CA) = $0.72
Shipping = $6.29
Total = $16.99

Quantity = 1
Fan = $4.99 (2000 RPM Version)
Tax (CA) = $0.36
Shipping = $4.99
Total = $10.34

A pretty good shipping discount of 3.69 if you order 2. Always good to have a spare right? :)

I updated my original post with new pics. Changed the SATA wiring and got rid of the dbracket and firewire cables. As for the front audio cable, i was unable to stuff it under the motherboard because the cable consists of an AC plug, HD Audio plug, and Azalia plug. The HD and AC plugs don't fit under the motherboard. Hopefully some sleeving will remedy this nuisance.

It looks much better...good stuff. :cool:

Can't turn the drives around due to WD serial locks installed. Also going to extend the fan wire in the upper left, it bothers me.

Still man, in the PC-A05B that's a nice looking wiring job. That case kind of shatters the idea of hiding litterally all your wires, but having them orderly when in clear view is the next best step...and you pulled it off with flying colors.

what an awesome job you did on that!

excellent wire management... very clean looking case/system.

~NortH~

Back