Post your "rate my cables" here

Should I buy like heatshrink, or like mesh, or just tape it with black or red electrical tape (I only have red for now)

I wanted to get the SATA DVD drive, but I ran out of money, lol

i say tape it up. the reason most stock sleeving dont go to the end is cuz the heatshrink which ENDS the sleeving and holdds it in place is too inflexible for hte big wide ends of the power cable.

so you can either tape it up (the red would maybe work very niceley in your theme)
or
use shrink+sleeving and bundle bunches of 3 or 4 wires together down to the plug

on a side note, you dont know how much you have done for advertising this case. where before a lotta us pfft'ed it, now we are more like :eek:

Yes, it is very sexy, and I would say worth every penny. Very good case, solid build. Fuck the logos, the way it's on my desk all I see is red fans and a sexy rig. Got a problem? Buy it and paint it, or don't buy it at all :)

Also, I don't think I'll do anything more to my rig except buy like 1 or 2 red CFFL's and light it up :)

Gotta get in on this.. Spent 1/2 hour on it. Not bad IMHO. More work to follow though.

wiremanagement.jpg

Critiques and suggestions welcome.

~S~

Stabbin..if you could some how cleanup those wires by the power supply you'd be straight..for sure..
other wise..looks good :D

Agreed. Its DEFINITELY a step in the right direction and I know how sweet the Lanboys are to wire up.

Now that you have taken the first step its time to put the finishing touches on.

I have a decent guide for the Lanboy and P160 cases. Take a look maybe it can help you.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1058187

EDIT: as I looked again, one thing that might help out is removing the unused HDD tray.

Anyhelp?

The panel on the otherside is not removeable so im kind fo limited in space.

Thanks.

mattt said:

Damn, that's the best SuperLANboy wiring job I've ever seen.

Really wish I had a microATX board in mine, would make things a bit easier. :p

Kudos to you, sir.

nice job mattt.

You definitely put the work in and it came out nicely.

The only things I can suggest are:

1. Try to clean up behind the HDD racks. If anything run the wires right along the back sides of the hard drives.

2. Remove the unused HDD racks. The case looks a lot cleaner with those out, but only after you tidy up behind there. Also since you're using the stock fans that came with the case (which I know don't do much for airflow) it will help the flow.

3. If possible, the front panel connectors that can be run under the mobo, do so. I can't remember how long they were and if they will be able to reach considering that its a mATX board.

Overall its a pretty good job though and even if you don't take my advice its still pretty damn sweet.

EDIT: wait a minute...you don't have the optical drive plugged in! Get that sorted out and then lets see the pics!

Right - My IDE cable wont plug into my mobo atm. Can you recommend any good fans for the lanboy that use good airflow? Thanks for the tips ill see what I can do :)

mattt said:
Right - My IDE cable wont plug into my mobo atm. Can you recommend any good fans for the lanboy that use good airflow? Thanks for the tips ill see what I can do :)
well, you could use the fans I use. Antec Tri-Cools. I love em

I run them on low during daily activity and they are dead quiet. Put em up on high when gaming. Usually about a 4-5 degree difference, the extra touch of cooling I need to keep my 7800GTs under 70C.

*round of applause*

now THAT looks good!!
I want to make other suggestions but I can't. Looks great man. Great Job!

g33z = impressed.

Let's see if I stay impressed when you put the IDE in ;)

That's an interesting concept running the cables outside the back of the case.

Makes for a clean inside but maybe you could get away with hiding some of them without running em thru the back.

Overall its not a bad job. Its actually pretty good with all the stuff you have in there.

EDIT: ohhh matt, you're breaking my heart with the IDE cables.

With a case that neat you HAVE to cut a hole in the mobo tray and run it under and on the backside of the 5.25 cage.

matt ;] says:
DUDE
matt ;] says:
OMG
matt ;] says:
G33ZY DIDNT LIKE IT </3 GONAN CRY
matt ;] says:
BRB
matt ;] says:
=[
Dean says:
LOL

<3 :D

Think matts just gone to rip his IDE cable out, hope he turned the computer off :p

mattt said:
ROFL :D Where abouts do you mean I should cut this hole? ;x
here you go:

DSC04633.jpg

I know mine was packing tape but it was all I had at the time.

You want to cut a hole that is large enough for the head of the cable to fit through properly.

Make sure that its underneat the motherboard and will not be seen when the mobo is in.

When you cut the hole, fold the cable around the mobo and run it up top like how mine is run in the pic above.

JUST BE CAREFUL NOT TO CUT OUT A HOLE FOR THE STANDOFF SCREW!

This is my first post to these forums. looking for feedback on my modified Apex TU-150:

wiring 0.JPG

wiring 1.JPG

The front panel was a little interesting to wire. Hot glue helped here ;)

wiring 2.JPG

NateX said:
This is my first post to these forums. looking for feedback on my modified Apex TU-150:

http://www.natesoutpost.com/public/wiring 0.JPG[/IG]

[IMG]http://www.natesoutpost.com/public/wiring 1.JPG[/IG]

The front panel was a little interesting to wire. Hot glue helped here ;)

[IMG]http://www.natesoutpost.com/public/wiring 2.JPG[/MG][/QuOTE]

Hi, welcome.

My recommendations:
-Get rid of that one zip tie near the top of the case.
-move the optical drive to one of the lower bays.
-behind the mobo is a great place to hide stuff.
-Short sata cables.
-Right angles seem to work well, against the side of the case.
-If you can't hide it, show it off.

Great wire management though. It looks about 30,000x better than mine :(

my emachine case wire mod, just cut into the mobo tray at the top and lead all the wires to the hdd cage.
dcd9804e.jpg

Hey, thanks for the comments and suggestions all! Definitely appreciated :D

Darkside said:
Hey NateX..what kind of Power Supply is that l:eek:oks Nice :)

It is a HIPER 580W in black. Sweet PSU, and for not a lot of cash. I am really very surprised with the quality. Highly reccomended for the budget-conscious :cool:

Here is my heavily modded Raidmax X-1 case that I have had for about a year now. I have a P180 in the mail right now so I should have it built and managed by the end of this week. Ill post up the pics of that one when i get it in. For now here is my current machine with a little bit left un-managed which i have fixed since that picture was taken.

DSCF1222.jpg

DSCF1226.jpg

Posting up my Lian-Li PC-62b again; I improved my wire management and cut out 120mm holes for my blow-hole and rear exhaust fans :D. Now I just need to do somthing about that 40mm northbridge fan...and yes, thats a rubberband holding a 120mm fan on a VF900.

BTW, the CPU cooler is a BigTyphoon with a clear fan on it, shows off the CCFL's better.

I dare you to figure out a better way to manage the ATX power cable, considering where EPoX put the connector on the motherboard.

Retucked my wires for the seventh time and probably my last time for a while. I love it.

1 - The mobo tray for some 'dusting'
img001ji5.jpg

2 - Back of the mobo tray with wires near HDD Cage
img009ua5.jpg

3 - Front with no face on, notice in between the floppy and CD drives how much space there is :)
img012gd3.jpg

4 - In between the CD drive, you can finally see to the exhaust back there, before it was covered in wires
img015ry6.jpg

5 - Just a picture
img024qf4.jpg

6 - All the wires not used went above the CD drive since I had some space in there
img027se4.jpg

Please let me know what else I should do to this.

PLmatt91 said:
Retucked my wires for the seventh time and probably my last time for a while. I love it.

<image removed from quote>

3 - Front with no face on, notice in between the floppy and CD drives how much space there is :)

4 - In between the CD drive, you can finally see to the exhaust back there, before it was covered in wires

5 - Just a picture

6 - All the wires not used went above the CD drive since I had some space in there

Well, you could cut out a 120mm rear exhaust like I did to mine (I have the same case). Other than that it looks excelent.

PLmatt91 said:

[ig]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2362/img001ji5.jpg[/img]

[im]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7233/img009ua5.jpg[/img]

[ig]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7021/img012gd3.jpg[/img]

[ig]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9756/img015ry6.jpg[/img]

5 - Just a picture
[ig]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4412/img024qf4.jpg[/img]

[ig]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1118/img027se4.jpg[/img]

My recommendations:
1. Drop the fan grilles on the inside. They make it harder to breathe. Really. Might not
2. move the hard drive to the slot that is closest ot the window side of the case. Then route the sata cable around the back, then tie it up with 2 zip ties so the bundle is out of sight.
3. Probubly a very picky point, but: Try moving the single ram module from the black to one of the yellow's. Hides the yellow ones a bit better. I don't know who comes up with these ugly ass colors though.
4. route the USB cable header bits around the other side so they are against the motherboard, and out of sight.

Except for that, very nie.

Bbq said:
My recommendations:
1. Drop the fan grilles on the inside. They make it harder to breathe. Really. Might not
2. move the hard drive to the slot that is closest ot the window side of the case. Then route the sata cable around the back, then tie it up with 2 zip ties so the bundle is out of sight.
3. Probubly a very picky point, but: Try moving the single ram module from the black to one of the yellow's. Hides the yellow ones a bit better. I don't know who comes up with these ugly ass colors though.
4. route the USB cable header bits around the other side so they are against the motherboard, and out of sight.

Except for that, very nie.

What fan grills? The ones on the outside in between the front of the cover and the secondary things?

I might zip tie it again but I don't know about moving the HDD any where else.

I wanna keep it at the black one just because... No reason. The yellow doesn't bother me.

And the USB cable header bits are going behind the mobo tonight. Thanks for letting me know.

Don't listen to Bbq, he's a turd ;) haha, <3

seriously though, you look like you have the length to route that IDE cable under the mobo. That ALWAYS makes a big difference and you should go for it since you have the length.

Bbq did make some good suggestions too, that usb header to the other side. Me personally, i just got rid it since its 2 big wires that only give me 2 usb ports. Not worth the mess, I went with the 3.5 bay card reader/usb/fan controller.

My mobo doesn't have enough space to mount any thing under it. It's literally less than 1/2 an inch. I could add another screw to each mounting bracket and raise to about an inch but that's a lot of work :p

PLmatt91 said:
My mobo doesn't have enough space to mount any thing under it. It's literally less than 1/2 an inch. I could add another screw to each mounting bracket and raise to about an inch but that's a lot of work :p
you can't raise it, the I/O panel wouldn't line up if you did.

Anyways, I was talking about the flat ribbon cable, there is no way you can tell me it doesn't fit under there. So that is your mission should you choose to accept.

Back