Post your "rate my cables" here

Yeah it was. I got that bubble light at Micro Center and was about to put it in when I decided to clean things up. That pic was when I disconnected all the cables.

jeffmoss26 said:
Yeah it was. I got that bubble light at Micro Center and was about to put it in when I decided to clean things up. That pic was when I disconnected all the cables.

Fair enough.

The best I can do:

my.php

talla0049qc.jpg

Z(+)DIAC said:
How do you like that Modstream? How much light does the PSU put out?

depends how hot ur PSU is since the fan is based on the temperature. it gives off some good light though, but nothing bright.

Get rid of the msi pci usb bracket thing...it just adds two extra, and thick, wires that you probably dont need. (if you use it keep it in..just do something with the excess cables..)

Make it so all of the front connections (power button led connections usb connections etc) are all hidden behind the 3.5 bays and run in the 90degree angle made by the side panel and the case. Make sure you only show what you have to. tuck all the excess back behind the bays.

Take that cable coming off the exhaust fan and tape it up to the bottom of the psu so that it follows the line of the case up to the psu and then across the bottom of the psu to the connector.

Then i cant tell whats what in the mess up top. take a pic of that cluster unclusterfied so i can see what cables go where and how much extra wire you have on each line.

Only thing i can say about that area so far: move the hdds closer together and tuck the cable between the two molex connectors in between the Hdds. Also, if you can turn the drives around (so the connectors are closer to the front) that normally helps alot. Even if you have to mod your case to do it like i did...

Make it so the power cable running to the video card comes straight through the 3.5" bays so that it comes in a straight anlge to the connection on the card

After you do some of that take another pic and i'll give you some more suggestions!

:D

PigCorpse said:
Wouldn't it load the images anyway?

It would, that's what he's getting at...using IMG tags would have put all those pics straight up in the thread, and it'd take some time to actually VIEW them. Linking to them helps, but ever heard of re-sizing images? :p

DSCF2231.JPG

ATC-110 with a few custom cables (Power for the drives, power for the video card, and IDE for the CD-ROMs are custom made).
I tried to hide the cables well while still keeping it easy to work on.

penguin said:
ATC-110 with a few custom cables (Power for the drives, power for the video card, and IDE for the CD-ROMs are custom made).
I tried to hide the cables well while still keeping it easy to work on.

Not bad, not bad at all...me likes. :D

PigCorpse said:
BTW, gta95, your memory are in the wrong slots.

The mobo manual told me to fill the green slots first. But it won't run in Dual-Channel and I don't know why.

The manual is incorrect. For that MSI board, the color-coding is not the usual kind. Move them to the two slots closest to the CPU.

Well, for Christmas I got a new Centurion 5 case in the hopes that the wire management would be easier than in the SL, due to the larger size. So I was slightly dissapointed when I found out that this wasn't exactly the case...

So, do any of you wiring guru's have some advice for this poor soul? :) TIA!

PigCorpse said:
Well, after getting pounded on my last post, here are some post-managmentalized pics:

Whole thing

Clutter of cables

Front panel wires

Excess wires

As requested...

Hard drive through floppy bay

Still sucks...

Mkkkk here we go. resized them for you. now they are at 1024x768 except for the first one which is at like 5xx by 768

whole thing

Clutter of cables

Front panel

excess

as requested

hdd through floppy bay

BTW:: Move one of your sticks of ram over into the other slot so you run in dual channel...

After months of uni exams and messing around with an apple G5 case that I recently sold. I finally switched back to my Lian-Li V1000 for my main desktop. Although many of you have seen this case before and it may look similar I have actually re-done all the power wiring since i upgraded to a 7800GTX and a new PSU. Here's what my favourite case is looking like at the moment:

WebV1100.JPG

So exciting to be back in the club!

Looks most excellent. If you want it perfect however, flip the HDD around. That would make it the best I've ever seen.

Lots going on...

@dchrsf:
Thanks for the feedback. And yes, I like it a lot better as well. Except I just got another WD2000 today and it's not as nice as before.

@sc00ter:
Hmm, it's not THAT bad. I'll post some advice a little later, but my advice won't be good as other people's, trust me.

@HaVoK:
Thanks a lot for resizing those pics, I'll update my links when I have time.

@thisisglen:
Ahh *orgasms*

@TSS Modder:
Whose? Mine?

----------------------------

Some questions:

How much can you safely pull on those flat 80-wire IDE cables? After installing a new HDD, it's pretty firmly tugged... When the cold weather's here, I'm afraid it'll shrink.

What's the best way to find if you've left any screws in the case? I'd thinking of a magnet...

Can an extra hard drive make Windows slower?

If the previous owner of that hard drive installed drivers on it, will my computer be tricked to believe the hardware exists?

@HaVoK:
Thanks a lot for resizing those pics, I'll update my links when I have time.

What's the best way to find if you've left any screws in the case? I'd thinking of a magnet...

no problem but DONT use a magnet. if it gets near your hdd and if it is powerful enough you'll erase your data....... :p

HaVoK said:
no problem but DONT use a magnet. if it gets near your hdd and if it is powerful enough you'll erase your data....... :p
you'd have to use an industrial magent, like one they use in shops to clean up metal shavings and stuff to do that much damage AFAIK.

I've used magnetic screw driver tips in all of my computer related ..... screwing. I've never had a problem, its not anywhere near the power you need to destroy something.

Isn't there a rather powerful magnet in the harddrive? I doubt I have anything that can beat that. Anyway, I scrapped the magnet idea; I'll just use my eyes...

PigCorpse said:
Isn't there a rather powerful magnet in the harddrive? I doubt I have anything that can beat that. Anyway, I scrapped the magnet idea; I'll just use my eyes...
Yeah, neodyn..."something" I can't quite remember the name of it but only industrial strengh magnets will mess up your system.

thisisglen said:
After months of uni exams and messing around with an apple G5 case that I recently sold. I finally switched back to my Lian-Li V1000 for my main desktop. Although many of you have seen this case before and it may look similar I have actually re-done all the power wiring since i upgraded to a 7800GTX and a new PSU. Here's what my favourite case is looking like at the moment:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/adamwimberley/other/WebV1100.JPG

So exciting to be back in the club!
Hey man, I hate to break off topic like this but I must. I see you are running a GTX in video slot one, but what is that in video slot two? Is that another video card you are running independant (aka non-SLI)? Why would you do that?

Well the 7800GTX runs two monitors on DVI and the 6200 (the other card) runs a third monitor on DVI. When you put the SLI switch into single card mode the other slot still operates at PCI-E 1x so you can run two video cards as completly seperate devices.

Here's an old picture of my setup when the monitors were still on old phone boxes:

12.JPG

side monitors are samsung 172x's and the middle monitor is a dell 2405FPW

Back