Post your "rate my cables" here

Hey! some nice jobs here!

I was wondering if any1 had seem like a ridgid molex to pci-e gfx converter. I only have 1 on my current psu :( or would I have to shorten a splitter/extension?

BigRon said:
Hey! some nice jobs here!

I was wondering if any1 had seem like a ridgid molex to pci-e gfx converter. I only have 1 on my current psu :( or would I have to shorten a splitter/extension?
your best off getting a psu with pci-e then using adapters...same reason you dont want a 20>24 pin adapter

g33zy said:
yeah pretty much, i ran them like one at a time and the rest are between the two cd drives along with the IDE.

Cool. did mine behind the motherboard once, looked pretty good that too!

I need to get a digi camera!!! i keep reminding myself to get one, then i get kicked in the ass by the no money man :mad:

some wire looms from an old cop car i grabbed from underneath the dashboard and some eletronic tape.only took an half hour:

i know,i gotta clean the fan screen.i'll do it tomorrow.

DSCF0046.jpg

Lt.Doomsday said:
some wire looms from an old cop car i grabbed from underneath the dashboard and some eletronic tape.only took an half hour:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v179/Lt.Doomsday/DSCF0046.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
needs a lot of work

Lt.Doomsday said:

That must be restricting so much air, the fan grill, the mesh behind it and the load of dust covering the air holes..

That's awesome.. been lookin for one of those heatsinks.. magnetized to place where ever you need to cool the case.

[note] not being serious :p

Nice job on the rest of the PC though...

enforcer17 said:
That's awesome.. been lookin for one of those heatsinks.. magnetized to place where ever you need to cool the case..
Heheh. Thats so the 5 1/4" bays don't overheat. :)

One of the reasons I really like the Antec cases is that cable management seems to be a lot easier. Mounting the hard disks sideways allows for the power and SATA cables to be routed to the back of the case, plus the cage has a sort of metal cable guide. Makes me wanna ditch the Praetorian for a P180 case.

-E

lol, yeah, my case temps were high so I mounted that on the side. :p

That's also why I chose the P160. Cable management, cooling and sound levels.

It's been perfect.

I also like the white fan on the XP-90 :)

SolidFeather said:
tlvainnvortis36hd.jpg

Not hidden, but clean IMO.

Yeah, it isnt to tidy, but it looks the place, maybe a silver or black cable tie to make it look like the cables are ment to be there? as a bunch? i dunno, just a random suggestion when i looked at it lol :p

Not hidden, but clean IMO.

Nothing wrong with that though...at times I can appreciate wiring jobs where the wires are properly placed instead of completely hidden, if it's done with proper taste and arranged nicely.

dolphumous, a few zip-ties here and there would help you out a fair bit...and instead of stretching the line all the way from the PSU to the video card, get a molex -> pci-e power adapter and run it off one of the lines going to your hard drives. In terms of what is electronically more sound and "proper" it would make sense to use a dedicated PCI-E line for the card, but I'm more the type to lean towards the side of things that'd be throwing in the power adapter to make myself just a little bit more pleased with the look of things. If you don't agree then that's fine, but it's a thought.

Well now that I have it all set up I'm happy with it. Air comes in the front vent (The only opening) and across the HD's and exits the back. I hid stuff behind the Hd's and PSU so it would have better airflow.

I'd also feel nervous putting my OC'd 7800GT on a regular molex shared with my HD's.

I did think about a few zip-ties though. :)

I'd also feel nervous putting my OC'd 7800GT on a regular molex shared with my HD's.

Fair enough...it was a suggestion...not the smartest move in the world, but it'd still clean things up a bit. ;)

heres mine, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Not TOO bad, there's not nearly as many cables behind the mobo tray as there needs to be, and if you got "handy" you could route quite a bit under/behind the mobo and the tray with a couple planned cuts to the tray.

All in all not bad, still some work you could do by utilizing the mobo tray a bit more...but a whole lot more would probly require some cutting.

Chron!cRAGE said:
Thanks! The rest of the pics are here

9600pro / Sempron 2800+
comp2.jpg

drive cages:
comp3.jpg

final product:
comp4.jpg

I built my Brother a Rig with that case. Its a Great little one!

SolidFeather said:
http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/4120/tlvainnvortis36hd.jpg[img]

Not hidden, but clean IMO.[/QUOTE]

I think it looks good,like the choice of cables used.

picture405uw.jpg

raidmax scorpio... bitch for wire management but its ok i guess... i cant believe i liked this case when i bought it though! :eek:

advice? comments?

More pics as requested.

This is my baby, my Lian-Li PC65-B

With side panel on
side_panel.jpg

The Back, I added another 80mm Fan and got rid of the grils.
back_view.jpg

A 3/4 View
3-4.jpg

120mm Blowhole on top
top.jpg

Side View of UV fans
uv_side.jpg

Top of UV fan
uv_top.jpg

sleeving the psu wires and making a hole for the cdrom ide cable, and weaving it through so it doesnt even hit the floppy drive area would make it better

why didnt you make the holes under the mobo?

Earm said:
All cables were built by hand from parts ordered from performance-pcs.com and my local hardware store. I started by chopping the cables at the PS and building each cable run by hand. All fan cables were unsoldered from the fan and built from new cable to custom lengths. USB cables were built from scratch to custom lengths for the front panel connections and VFD.

Nice cable work. :D

I'm still working on my wiring, but here is a few pics of what I have been doing:

PSUATX4.jpg

PSUWiring1.jpg

HD_Power_15.jpg

AquaeroAqua_7.jpg

TubemeterHD2.jpg

PSUSLI17.jpg

CPUTmeter1.jpg

ryuji said:
sleeving the psu wires and making a hole for the cdrom ide cable, and weaving it through so it doesnt even hit the floppy drive area would make it better

why didnt you make the holes under the mobo?

cause I'm a noob, and that was my first mod. ^_^

Back