Post your "rate my cables" here

jamesman32

Limp Gawd
Here's my newest build with completed wire management. Unfortunately with all of the part stock issues during the pandemic, I wasn't able to source a modular power supply so I won't be sharing any back panel photos yet (hint; it's a mess back there).

Luckily the NZXT H200 series cases clean up pretty nicely, and a tower cooler hides most motherboard wiring.

FullSizeR.jpg

Spartacus09

[H]ard|Gawd
Here's my newest build with completed wire management. Unfortunately with all of the part stock issues during the pandemic, I wasn't able to source a modular power supply so I won't be sharing any back panel photos yet (hint; it's a mess back there).

Luckily the NZXT H200 series cases clean up pretty nicely, and a tower cooler hides most motherboard wiring.

View attachment 244584
:ROFLMAO: Of course its clean theres no room for any other cables with that much metal and cooler. (j/k looks nice)

Wheels617

Limp Gawd
20200508_202443.jpg

This is the windowed side of my Crystal Series 680X, cant think of anything else to do with the front usb, front panel audio or case switches wires. Still working on the hdd/psu chamber. Its a mess for right now given the amount of wires required for 6 rgb fan control, picked up a Commander Pro which will hopefully help.

Spartacus09

[H]ard|Gawd
This is the windowed side of my Crystal Series 680X, cant think of anything else to do with the front usb, front panel audio or case switches wires. Still working on the hdd/psu chamber. Its a mess for right now given the amount of wires required for 6 rgb fan control, picked up a Commander Pro which will hopefully help.
About your only option would be to get a fully sleeved USB/Audio extension and drill a dedicated hole for them (behind the mobo possibly to curl them up).
That'd require disassembly though to safely drill, addtionally you might look up EVGA power link, your case is short so you'd might have to remove a front fan to use that though.
For the USB3 maybe a right angle connector ~ make sure it faces the correct direction: https://store.cablemod.com/product/cablemod-modflex-right-angle-internal-usb-3-0-extension-50cm/

Alternatively you might also be able to cover those a bit if your lower PCIE slots are x16 capable and you move the GPU down ~ or if you use your vertical slot mount (that you already have, you'd just need a riser cable).
You might still be able to use the power link in a vertical arrangement too, and route them under the front fans.

Wheels617

Limp Gawd
Would love the vertical gpu option, but the 2080ti is 3 slots and the vert mount can only accommodate 2 slot cards. Will have to look into that usb right angle adapter though that sounds like a great idea for that area. Thinking maybe I could at least heatshrink the case switch wiring together. A powerlink would most definitely require the removal of a front fan so not an option sadly, my case is kind of squat :facepalm:

Spartacus09

[H]ard|Gawd
Ahh didn't notice it was the big momma card from the picture angle.
Fair enough, now getting to nitpicking options but if you have a atx pin tool, you could split the ATX extension cable such that half the cables go through the upper cable grommet and half through the middle one to give it a more symmetrical look.

Wheels617

Limp Gawd
Ordered a white 3.0 right angle adapter, so Im going to give that a try. Might just unhook the front panel audio as I dont use that audio out at all and my wired headphones are USB anyway. Thank you for the constructive input Spartacus09!

freeagentt

Weaksauce
My Z77 from the last page committed suicide. I'm back to my old X58 until I decide what I want new toy I want to buy next. I owe it to myself :)

002.JPG
001.JPG

Wheels617

Limp Gawd
Following up with some progress with some of the suggestions from Spartacus. There will be one more white QL120 going in the front, its just been slow going converting the front to white QL's given how sold out/ corona priced everything is. Went all white Cablemod extensions for the onboard/frontpanel hookups, love the USB3.0 right angle adapter, makes that area so much more visually appealing! Need to work on the top portion now, I do have some more white closed cable combs coming for the 24pin as well as some 16 pin combs for joining the 2 8pin pcie runs together. I also plan on using a psu pin tool to try and split the 24pin wire loom between two openings, wish me luck!

Attachments

Last edited:

sonsonate

n00b
Built for a friend. Those new Corsair cables with the capacitor in the end are really annoying. First time in a while building in a mass production case. It is pretty refreshing coming from a Cerberus and Ncase to have barely anything to do after putting the cables in:
_ANT2697.jpg

Nobu

Supreme [H]ardness
362320_IMG_20200711_125223611.jpg
362321_IMG_20200711_125235446.jpg

Bit of a bear with stock psu. All the cables either too long or a bit too short. Will replace with Pico-PSU or hdplex psu asap.