Post your "rate my cables" here

Taken with a potato... I will post a more updated pic in the morning.

296epw3.jpg

You know you guys are supposed to rate the cabels above you? Not post your setup without rating, and not quoting another setup without rating the above.

Subspeed, superb cable management. I don't see how you could improve at all ;)

New rig in sig.

90Leqt9.jpg

Crap smartphone pic but I'm very happy! Smaller and quieter than previous system (Antec P280, Corsair H100, sabertooth x79, two raid 1 drives for storage and a smaller ssd etc)

Are you placing your SSD behind the mobo tray?

Me? There's a special place for the SSD to go, scroll down to the last pic on here http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/build_it_midsize_menace

I actually did it without removing that bottom most metal tray (holds a 3.5" drive), but yeah, lineup the ssd down there, screws through the bottom of the case, and the rear power/sata plugs lineup with a cutout in that metal tray (pointed towards the side you can't see the wires).

After installing a water cooler. Still needs work, but a modular power supply would help a lot with that! :)

aWhx5iJ.png

qgQsvP1.png

It takes in cold air from the outside instead of warm air from inside the case.

Protip. the grille in the back where the power switch and mains plug goes into has *always* been the exhaust. Flipping the PSU does not change this at all. The fan still blows air in the same direction.

Protip. the grille in the back where the power switch and mains plug goes into has *always* been the exhaust. Flipping the PSU does not change this at all. The fan still blows air in the same direction.

A nitpick, probably not relevant to this cas, but the fan will blow air into the case if you flip it.

A nitpick, probably not relevant to this cas, but the fan will blow air into the case if you flip it.

It won't if you only flip the PSU which is what we're talking about here. The fan is still an intake fan whether it's facing down or up in the case unless one FLIPS THE FAN ITSELF.

It takes in cold air from the outside instead of warm air from inside the case.

Unless he flipped the fan around it is pulling in air from the case and blowing it outside, not the other way around.

The original ATX PSU specification *DID* have cold air from outside pulled into the PSU and dumped into the case. The theory was that the air would blow onto the CPU to help cool it, but in practice the air was warmed so much by the PSU that it made the problem worse instead of better. Later spec revisions reversed the fan airflow.

If the case has a bottom vent and he was to flip the power supply to its intending mounting style it would have cold air come in from outside the bottom case, cool the PSU, and then blow out the back of the case. No air would come in or out of the PSU from inside the case at all, helping to thermally isolate the PSU from the rest of the innards.

It won't if you only flip the PSU which is what we're talking about here. The fan is still an intake fan whether it's facing down or up in the case unless one FLIPS THE FAN ITSELF.

Isn't that what I just said?

Here is mine. Freshly migrated over from a HAF932 I've had since 2009. The Carbide 540 is so easy to make look good on the front side, it's basically cheating.

tfhiugx.jpg

I have to say going back in this thread to 2004-2008 its almost comical how far people and the designs of cases have changed. Now you can hide pretty much every cable you have from site, before having them ziptied in a bundle over the CPU was a good job haha.

wrong, flipping the PSU reverses or "flips" the direction of the fan, thus reversing the direction of the airflow :p

Ok here is mine. I am waiting on some white 2 pin I/O cables to come for my front panel hookups. They should be here around Tuesday. The only other thing that is kinds bothering me is the white cable on the bottom going to the Sata Drive. It stands out too much. I think I will get a sata extension that is black so it blends in with the back of the case....

4770k, h55
msi z87-g45
2 x 8gb corsair vengeance
r9 290, g10, h55
seagate 600 240gb
seagate 1tb
corsair hx 650w
corsair 400r
corsair af120's, sp120 (rads)
8.1 pro

Back