Post your "rate my cables" here

6124725431_23895a616d.jpg

I love the black and red sleeves on the power supply. Did it come that way or did you do that yourself?

I have to say a lot of these rigs look killer... I have never taken to much time figuring out the best and cleanest way to route everything because I have my case closed all the time... IDK i feel like unless you have a clear case or open it up all the time to show it off it's like a waste of time... no offense these all look great I'm just saying I'm really busy and to me i'd feel like nobody would ever get to see my efforts unless I had some sort of window in it....

I'm the exact same way, I'm in awe of these setups and how clean they are but I'm the only one that looks at it and the side of my case is always open. Keep up the awesome work guys, kudos to you all.

Hi here is my almost four year old build. (ok ok some upgrades have been made since :)

Case: Thermaltake Armor+
Mobo: DFI LanParty X48 T2RS
CPU: Intel Core2Duo E8400 (3Ghz)
CPU: Cooler Scythe Mugen 2 (fan on the back sucking air from the front)
GPU: Sapphire 4870
HDD: 4 WD Caviar Blue (Raid 10)
SSD: Intel X-25M (120GB)
PSU: Seasonic 700W
MEM: Corsair Dominator DDR2 5-5-5-15
Cooling Fans: 3 x Xigmatek 140mm (Top, Front, Side), 1 x Xigmatek 120mm (Back) 2 x SilentX 120mm Bottom, 1 small Xigmatek on the Northbridge, 1 x Scythe 120mm on the CPU cooler (on the back sucking air from the heatsink and blowing back towards the exhaust fan).
Cold Cathod lamps: UV x 4

awaiting your comments

Hi here is my almost four year old build. (ok ok some upgrades have been made since :)

Case: Thermaltake Armor+
Mobo: DFI LanParty X48 T2RS
CPU: Intel Core2Duo E8400 (3Ghz)
CPU: Cooler Scythe Mugen 2 (fan on the back sucking air from the front)
GPU: Sapphire 4870
HDD: 4 WD Caviar Blue (Raid 10)
SSD: Intel X-25M (120GB)
PSU: Seasonic 700W
MEM: Corsair Dominator DDR2 5-5-5-15
Cooling Fans: 3 x Xigmatek 140mm (Top, Front, Side), 1 x Xigmatek 120mm (Back) 2 x SilentX 120mm Bottom, 1 small Xigmatek on the Northbridge, 1 x Scythe 120mm on the CPU cooler (on the back sucking air from the heatsink and blowing back towards the exhaust fan).
Cold Cathod lamps: UV x 4

awaiting your comments

Looks good, but it seems you have some hardware updating to do, like your RAM for example, and perhaps to a quad core?

Looks good, but it seems you have some hardware updating to do, like your RAM for example, and perhaps to a quad core?

Hi thanks for the reply,

Actually the memory is top notch, one of the better performing at the time of the build with very tight timings 5-5-5-15.:) (if you want to enquire further check http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF/ but i guess you won't :) )
But within the year I am planning to build a completely new system;):

Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D
PSU: Corsair Professional Series HX750W
MOBO: Asus Maximus IV Extreme (or the MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) as a cheaper option)
CPU: Core i7 2600K (or the Core i5 2500k as a cheaper option)
MEM: Corsair Dominator GT 4GB (or the Corsair XMS3 4GB 12800 as a cheaper option)
GPU: Sapphire 6970
Storage: The Intel SSD that I already have plus 2 x 3TB HDDs in Raid 1 for storage.

Open to any suggestions:)

Many thanks

Theo

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the reply,

Actually the memory is top notch, one of the better performing at the time of the build with very tight timings 5-5-5-15.:) (if you want to enquire further check http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF/ but i guess you won't :) )
But within the year I am planning to build a completely new system;):

Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D
PSU: Corsair Professional Series HX750W
MOBO: Asus Maximus IV Extreme (or the MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) as a cheaper option)
CPU: Core i7 2600K (or the Core i5 2500k as a cheaper option)
MEM: Corsair Dominator GT 4GB (or the Corsair XMS3 4GB 12800 as a cheaper option)
GPU: Sapphire 6970
Storage: The Intel SSD that I already have plus 2 x 3TB HDDs in Raid 1 for storage.

Open to any suggestions:)

Many thanks

Theo

I did inquire further. :rolleyes: Yeah I never said it was bad ram out anything. Just that ddr2 and 1066 are kinda old school. :D

Anyways the new system looks good, though I may suggest you do save the bucks with the i5-2500k. I have it and I have used the i7-2600k and honestly, the difference was like, next to nothing. Both are unlocked and overclockable so if you REALLY need to boost your performace it's just a matter of knowing how to use your bios. :cool:

pc20111.jpg

Still waiting on some cables to clean up around the optical bay and hdd areas, added H80 since last pic.

I did inquire further. :rolleyes: Yeah I never said it was bad ram out anything. Just that ddr2 and 1066 are kinda old school. :D

Anyways the new system looks good, though I may suggest you do save the bucks with the i5-2500k. I have it and I have used the i7-2600k and honestly, the difference was like, next to nothing. Both are unlocked and overclockable so if you REALLY need to boost your performace it's just a matter of knowing how to use your bios. :cool:

Hi ranviper really appreciate the info on i5 - i7. I will definitely go for the i5 since the difference is so small. Would like your opinion about the ASUS EFI, is it as good as they say it is? Also what cooling solution are you using?

Many thanks again

Theo

Very clean FT02. Looks great.

What cooler is that though? Never seen a black Corsair heatsink before.

here is mine did my best to make the cables look nice. i will most likely be ditching the PSU for a corsair AX series, i dont need 1250w anymore or any time soon :D

DSC03048.jpg

what dual cooler watercooler is that?

nice and clean btw, and man do the red ati cards just look so nice with your mobo

here is mine did my best to make the cables look nice. i will most likely be ditching the PSU for a corsair AX series, i dont need 1250w anymore or any time soon :D

DSC03048.jpg

I especially like the bottom fan blowing air in onto gpu1 and the penetrator (?) blowing air into both gpu0 and gpu1. That's gotta do a lot to help temps.

^thanks, it helped a ton. cards idle at like 35c, and load up to 70ish. plus i skipped a space so the cards didnt sandwich, air flow is amazing to the cards. took out the PCI brackets too so there was no air pockets, just nice flow. you are right, its a silverstone AP-181, so you get that perfect focused air line :D

thats way cool man, my next build will do something akin to that. still 70c at load is a bit high no? you running the 6950s oc'd?

I wanted USB 3.0 compatibility, and the SATA dock.

One thing I think that can really help the Antec P160 (if you take the time) is to do a quality custom blowhole. Without it, there is only one intake fan, one exhaust, and the PSU fan.

vader01.jpg

Jesus. It's been so long since I've seen that. Awesome. Reminds me of the good ole days.

Well, I'll post pics of my rig later if you don't bash me for not being as awesome as you guys are and give me some tips to improve it without using fancy things not available here in my country (like those custom cabling insulation or whatever it's called). Deal? =D

Back