Post your "rate my cables" here

Just got done sleeving each individual wire coming off my PSU. I would have started on everything else in the case except I underestimated how much sleeving I was going to need, not to mention my pin removal tool broke on the last connector. So, the project continues.

RMx57.jpg

oDqgq.jpg

Last edited:
It was just a sneak peak, but dam that picture doesn't really do much justice...will update when I finally have the entire thing running.

I know a couple of people that could take care of that for you. There names are Smith & Wesson

J/K ;)

My 900 (Rev. B - but not "900 Two" or 900.2) has lost some of its tidiness:

I hacked an S-FLEX 800 into my PSU;
attached it to a Chassis Fan pinout via that big ugly ZM-FM2;
added a second 500GB drive to the bottom cage.

I would like to have had the new PSU fan in the PSU Fan pinout which is right next to it, but it was only putting out enough power for about 400RPM. Would have been much cleaner.

I intended to go back and jerry-rig some black split loom onto the cabling but forgot until I saw the previously posted 900.

Last edited:
29best0.jpg

I tried to leave the UV cables out for show, but did my best to hide everything else. This is in an Antec 900 by the way, and I think I did it semi-right without cutting any holes or doing any huge modifications.

I'm almost there:D:D:D

But for now here's a preliminary shot of my 900, and I have to say I might have one of the cleanest looking 900 out there:p:

dsc02680o.jpg

For a Antec case it's pretty good. considering it's fully loaded with hardware. It would look even better if all the wires were black to better blend in with the interior black

Sure, looks pretty open . but what is with the electrical tape on the main power connection for the motherboard. And what looks to be a fan speed controller hanging off the GPU needs to routed somewhere else.

Done sleeving the PSU :)

dsc0337a.jpg

Your build looks phenomenal, except for the sleeving. I mean, you did a great job at the sleeving, I just don't like the sleeved look at all. Makes it look unnecessarily cluttered in my opinion. I still prefer the dyed look personally.

My weird preferences aside, you've done an outstanding job!

9.5/10 (10/10 if you dye that sleeved blue cable black! :D )

Sure, looks pretty open . but what is with the electrical tape on the main power connection for the motherboard. And what looks to be a fan speed controller hanging off the GPU needs to routed somewhere else.

And this is exactly why I like having other people criticize my stuff. I totally forgot about the electrical tape: I put it there to keep the wires together while routing the other cables around it, and forgot to take it off.

The horrible fan controller is just me being lazy, but yes it definitely needs to be hidden or removed.

Thank you

Paint it black:

http://www.myzander.net/ATCS840/Project_ATCS_840/Welcome.html

If you don't want to read the whole build log, here's a link to the end. I have some updated pictures with the GTX 295 in there that I will upload soon as well.

http://www.myzander.net/ATCS840/Project_ATCS_840/VII.html

Otherwise, so far so good! :)

Getting it coated is in the works, a buddy of mine works at a coating company and will be getting it coated in black Teflon. As it stands I'm waiting until I get the ambition to remove the 15 million rivets that hold this thing together, it has to be broken down into each individual piece for this.

Getting it coated is in the works, a buddy of mine works at a coating company and will be getting it coated in black Teflon. As it stands I'm waiting until I get the ambition to remove the 15 million rivets that hold this thing together, it has to be broken down into each individual piece for this.

That's why I just painted it. I put several coats on, and while it didn't chip too badly, I have since learned that a matte finish clearcoat would've made it even stronger and more scratch/chip resistant. I'm moving everything out of my ATCS 840 and into my 800D as soon as my SSD and vinyl dye get here. Once that's done, I'll finish the ATCS 840 case (including my plans for the custom window) and either sell it or use it to build another mean editing rig.

That's why I just painted it. I put several coats on, and while it didn't chip too badly, I have since learned that a matte finish clearcoat would've made it even stronger and more scratch/chip resistant.

That is what I've told several people to put on after their final coat. It helped my Rocketfish case back when I had it.

Too bad I used it at the very end, so I had some minor scratches already to begin with. :(

heres an updated pic of mine. added another high speed yate loon for push n pull. also hid the fan wires a bit better. the a05 is pretty stuffed lol

img0772k.jpg

img0781f.jpg

comments and critiques appreciated

Does that top grill come standard w/the A05 now or is that a mod you did to it? I bought the same one (or a very similar one) from a mod shop ages ago and slapped it on the front of an Antec Super Lanboy I used to have (now belongs to my mother), I just couldn't stand the blue/translucent plastic grill it came with stock (which is what the grill replaced). Seems it's started to rust tho, dunno why.

Hey, Jojo, just for fun, at least on this first build, I would like to see your specs in your sig. I mean, we can see mostly what's in there, but it's kinda fun to have it in your sig, too. Besides, I'm a list person, lol. Definitely some serious muscle in that rig, though. :D

For some reason I really don't like the look of the H-50. I guess it's an association with the CoolIT systems, that I always thought were really gimmicky.

these are the juices:

Antec 300 (2 front, 1 side, 1 top fans)
i7 860 (OC 3.8 GHz)
Corsair H50 cooler (constantly @39-41c)
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P
4 x Kingston 2GB DDR3 2000MHz Extreme Profile RAM
XFX HD5770 crossfire (OC GPU 950Mhz, memory 1220MHz)
Corsair HX750W
2 x WD Black 1TB HD (in IDE)
LG Blu-ray 16X rewriter
Samsung DVD 22x rewriter
Win7 Ultimate 64bit

For some reason I really don't like the look of the H-50. I guess it's an association with the CoolIT systems, that I always thought were really gimmicky.

I sorta felt the same way, but the price/performance/simplicity of it means I'll be using one in my next build (which will be SFF)... I could still fit a TRUE probably but I wanna try this out :D

Just finished my first ever sleeving job. It's a switch for a CCFL I plan to install in my Corsair 800D this weekend. Didn't want those wires ruining the blackness that is the 800D. Thought it would be pretty simple like a fan wire, but this thing had a lot of Y-wires. Came out decent for my first attempt.

img0486sn.jpg

Hey, Jojo, just for fun, at least on this first build, I would like to see your specs in your sig. I mean, we can see mostly what's in there, but it's kinda fun to have it in your sig, too. Besides, I'm a list person, lol. Definitely some serious muscle in that rig, though. :D

It's not about you.

these are the juices:

Antec 300 (2 front, 1 side, 1 top fans)
i7 860 (OC 3.8 GHz)
Corsair H50 cooler (constantly @39-41c)
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P
4 x Kingston 2GB DDR3 2000MHz Extreme Profile RAM
XFX HD5770 crossfire (OC GPU 950Mhz, memory 1220MHz)
Corsair HX750W
2 x WD Black 1TB HD (in IDE)
LG Blu-ray 16X rewriter
Samsung DVD 22x rewriter
Win7 Ultimate 64bit

Very nice! I thought they were 5770's but I wasn't sure. What a great rig.

It's not about you.

Why the hell is he even posting on here if it's not for US to look at, then?

Back