Post your "rate my cables" here

Some new parts here (bye-bye 2x Seagate 320GB and Welcome 4x320GB F1... bye-bye 3870x2 and Welcome 2x 260 eXo 216sp :D)

Before:
DSCN0207.jpg

Welcome:
DSCN0219.jpg

DSCN0262.jpg

And here it is:
DSCN0281.jpg

DSCN0286.jpg

DSCN0288.jpg

DSCN0246.jpg

VantageDefault.jpg

That´s it.

this thread has made me want to do some ext ream cable maintenance as soon as my new mobo comes i am going to get out the dremel and get to work

Here's my Antec 1200. I just switched out the power supply last night from a Corsair TX850 to an Antec CP-850 since I had one around and it only works with 3-5 cases.

img1363.jpg

img1365v.jpg

Last edited:
stock heatsink? :eek: :(

Yeah...

When I built my rig; at the time, there were no good aftermarket heat-sinks. Now that there are I was looking at getting one. I may even opt for a self contained W/C setup. Don't know yet.

Nice and clean. The Stacker setup specs and benchmark are pretty impressive.

very nice dude

ThankYou.
Stacker isn´t, im my opinion, a easy case to get cables off without some cuts, but I´m not a modder so that´s what a could make for now.
If you think the temps are good and there´s no window, it´s good
:D

Those 260 Exo was a real good surprise ! :D

I´m thinking about a Silvertone Tenjin 10, but here in Brazil it´s all good hardware so expansive.. :(:(:(

First time poster. Here's my newest build. the Case is reused from my last build, its rebadged LiLi v2000? Tagan Black Pearl

013.jpg

011.jpg

Last edited:
Update to my previous post. I replaced the Lian-Li EX-34B hard drive cage with a hot-swapping EX-H34B in the course of updating my hard-drive configuration. I installed a fifth hard drive under the cage, a 150GB Raptor dedicated to making Forté Agent a little less slow. Its SATA cable peeks out at the left from the PCIe adapter card. My tubing was starting to flatten a bit (isn't Tygon supposed to be above that?) so I put coils on it. Coils that turned out to be more pink and less red than I expected, but oh well. And most recently, a 4+1 USB card in the uppermost slot, with a flash drive in the "+1" internal USB connector dedicated to ReadyBoost.

inside2.jpg

Very nice setup for such a busy rig rsquared... I'm digging it, I've always said it, smaller the case the harder it is to hide stuff. The pink coils look fine to me, probably looks even better under the CCFL.

LOL @ some of you guys with full tower cases and 1 hard drive...

I've currently got something like 5 HDs, two opticals, and a 3.5" card reader stuffed into an Antec Super Lanboy (which barely classifies as a mid-tower, as it's the size of some mATX cases like the P180 Mini IIRC, even tho it's ATX)... The cable job is quite atrocious, but I never meant to run it like that full time, it's just a secondary system I was using to transfer stuff across several HDs and I got lazy so I haven't finished doing it, heh. One of the HDs is even fully decoupled on a bed of foam, which is obviously pointless as hell with four other drives in there. :p

Loudest one is definitely the old 80GB Maxtor, pre-FDBs, it's whine drowns out all the rest and even the case fans.

Some people don't need a lot of HDD's... and there aren't mid-towers that have all the features/space of full-towers... meh.

That's true, to an extent, why are most cases still designed with so many freaking 5.25" external bays though? I'm willing to bet that like 98% of people only have 1-2 optical drives, surely they've gotta be able to come up with some better designs to take advantage of the wasted space... Better HD decoupling systems that eat into the 5.25" bay space if nothing else. Although I guess in the coming years a lot of us may end up mounting SSDs thru adapters behind those bays while keeping regular HDs below for storage. :D

The stackers are designed with only 5.25" bays, which I dig for fileservers.. too bad they were discontinued.

DSC_1816.sized.jpg

DSC_5699_ps.sized.jpg

Cant really remember why I left the bottom bay empty, hm.

That's true, to an extent, why are most cases still designed with so many freaking 5.25" external bays though? I'm willing to bet that like 98% of people only have 1-2 optical drives, surely they've gotta be able to come up with some better designs to take advantage of the wasted space... Better HD decoupling systems that eat into the 5.25" bay space if nothing else. Although I guess in the coming years a lot of us may end up mounting SSDs thru adapters behind those bays while keeping regular HDs below for storage. :D

I bought a rocketfish full tower and I thought -WOW this thing is huge-ill never fill it-but now i'm finding i'm looking at raid cards, 4 into 3 bay adapter, fan array, a dvd burner and a blue ray player, and i realized those may not be enough external bays :eek:

20p02d.jpg

my first time dealing with cables, did what i could with no tools so i can't dremel any holes

Since the family is out visiting grandparents, I figured I would do a quick and dirty mod update to my daughter's Emachines, including painting the interior.

If you recall from a few posts back, the Emachines was looking like this

kif1855syp8.jpg

kif1846stp9.jpg

I wanted to cut some wire passthrough holes and paint the interior black. But I couldn't find my stupid Dremel!! :eek: I think I left it in the storage room back in Mass. Oh well at least I could paint it black. Anyway, it came out ok I guess.

kif1904as.jpg

kif1908as.jpg

kif1921as.jpg

kif1930as.jpg

kif1941as.jpg

(sorry for the blurry pic...couldn't find my tripod... which I also think I left in my storage room)
kif1937asz.jpg

Slowly getting closer to my daughter's Dark Attitude design but still got to do some more. Doesn't look much like an Emachines anymore...which I guess is ok. :p

I've posted this system before, but I've just installed a GTS 250 and Asus HDAV 1.3 Slim and after seeing EazyM3's case I thought I'd update.

6.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
Cosmos S with a pair of 4870 X2 graphics cards.

I got rid of that ugly 24 pin ATX extention cable that power the touch sensitive controls. And yes, that's a floppy cable. I have a card reader with a built in floppy drive, and I still use floppys now and again.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

My Silverstone SG-01... God, why don't more companies make products like this one?! At least they still sell this model...

BEFORE (long before):
silverstone01.jpg

AFTER:
wiring001.jpg

Upgraded my rig to a DFI P45-T2RS JR + Q9550 @ 3.4ghz. Much easier cable management in comparison to my old Biostar TF7050. See sig for more details.

3767060957_9386c11074_b.jpg

Upgraded my rig to a DFI P45-T2RS JR + Q9550 @ 3.4ghz. Much easier cable management in comparison to my old Biostar TF7050. See sig for more details.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3480/3767060957_9386c11074_b.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Nice! :cool:

Is the acoustic foam any good ?
Is there much difference in sound, heat etc ?

Reply please :)

The ongoing work log can be found here:

http://www.myzander.net/ATCS840/Project_ATCS_840/Welcome.html

Before:

Contents06.jpg

After:

DSC_0355small.jpg

I'm still working on the side window. Should get it done in the next couple of weeks. I sure like this case a lot better than the old Lian Li for cable management. Took a lot of work, but I think it's worth it. I'll try to post more pictures of it with the back panel on, and with the lighting as soon as I get some more time.

Let me know what y'all think! :D

Neat. But I personally don't like Noctua fans due to their color. Some LED fans will make your comp look God :D

Back