Post your "rate my cables" here

Just upgraded my uncle's PC. (Only had my iPhone so sorry about the quality)

img0212s.jpg

img0207c.jpg

Last edited:
^ u got to be a retard not to be able to do a good job at cable management in that case. its dead easy!!!!! nice one btw

Looks great in there - a real dream on the inside. But I just can't STAND the looks of the HAF on the outside. I know that some people like it, but it's just hideous, in my humble opinion.

Looks great in there - a real dream on the inside. But I just can't STAND the looks of the HAF on the outside. I know that some people like it, but it's just hideous, in my humble opinion.

I kinda like looks of the front of the case actually, it has a cool industrial look. But the rest of it (window, fans, "HAF" stenciled into the side) is very "bling-ish" so I tend to agree overall.

The inside of a HAF + outside of a Lian Li = THE BEST CASE EVER MADE!

Thanks for all the great photos. I've been working on my 1st build and the photos have been a great reference how to sleeve and route certain things. Lots of great ideas!

That's pretty much the new Corsair Obsidian Series 800D case.

So far it looks close, but the outside of the Corsair is going to be steel. But for looks and sturdiness, it's looking like it will be what you say. I'm really really hoping so anyways.

That's pretty much the new Corsair Obsidian Series 800D case.

I don't know about that. It has a really nice interior despite them going a little crazy with the rubber grommet motherboard holes but on the outside it just looks like a big square block of steel and I don't like the window or the feet they stuck on it. I don't think as far as looks go a steel case can really compare to the quality construction aluminum of a Lian Li or Silverstone. Aluminum is more expensive than steel for a reason. The Corsair 800D is also a little too big IMHO.

Heres mine. i think it kinda sucks but then again all the crap i have :D

My specs:
Samsung SincMaster 2253LW
Windows Vista x64+Windows xp pro sp3 x32
Antec 1200
Gigabyte GA-Ep45C-DS3R
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 w/xigmatec hdt-s1283 at 3.2ghz with 1.216 v.core
Patriot 6gb ddr2-800 at 900mhz
Evga 8800gtz 320mb (going to upgrade later, but im saving up for my car right now :D)
Corsait TX-750W
Seagate 320|2x500gb hitachi's|2x500gb WD blacks
Logitech vx revolution|Apple alumnium keyboard/G15 v.2

tell me what you guys think.

Last edited:
@ jvz555

I've never been a fan of mounting power supplies upside down. Mounted normally, that fan would be drawing air from the bottom of the case. Mounted upside down, it's drawing air from closer to your video card & exhaust fans.

Also, cosmetically-speaking, it would put that big bundle of wires coming out of the power supply closer to the hole you've routed them through.

If it meant rewiring your whole setup, it'd be a pain - but it looks like you can simply unplug your SATA cables and flip it around.

Just an opinion.

@ jvz555

I've never been a fan of mounting power supplies upside down. Mounted normally, that fan would be drawing air from the bottom of the case. Mounted upside down, it's drawing air from closer to your video card & exhaust fans.

Also, cosmetically-speaking, it would put that big bundle of wires coming out of the power supply closer to the hole you've routed them through.

If it meant rewiring your whole setup, it'd be a pain - but it looks like you can simply unplug your SATA cables and flip it around.

Just an opinion.

Yeah but he would have to cut a hole at the bottom of the case since there isn't any.

i had the psy th other way, but it was getting hot and i didnt wanna risk burning it out. This is the reason i hate the antec 1200 and want a rocketfish b.c it only gives it like 1 inch for the psu to breathe.I know it was easier and i barely did this 30 min ago, but the PSU was suffocating. I was thinking of modding the case with a fan int he botom and raising the case, but idk i just want a rocketfish

I didn't know there wasn't any airspace beneath that spot. My P182 has a little less than an inch or so under the power supply, but it's just enough room that it gets all the air it needs.

You certainly don't want it to overheat, so whatever works.

100_0200.jpg

100_0201.jpg

100_0202.jpg

100_0203.jpg

It's a little dirty. The PSU as been hacked on a little (thats why there aren't so many cables), but otherwise it's been the best cable job I've ever done.

With a bit of planning and patience my 900 Rev. B is half-decently cabled, in spite of a giant non-modular octopus growing out of my PSU. I'm sure I could do better if I cut the tray up a bit, but I'm proud of what I accomplished without it.

My 5V cable was long enough to route behind the pci slots, but OCZ in its infinite wisdom has bundled both 4pin connectors together so it's too thick for the cards to rest properly; routed it out the watercooling holes and back in to keep it out of the way. I reckon I'll split it eventually and tuck it in properly.

The rest of the octopus is split: there is enough room behind the PSU to route some cables behind the mobo tray (there's a 1x1" hole), with the remaining cables zipped and routed out through the one between the tray and bays and back in as needed.

The ZFM-1 hanging off the mobo is hooked into an S-Flex 800 I installed into the PSU. Haven't had time to get an extender for the cable yet and the closer connector only runs that fan at ~350RPM.

Small point of pride: there are no cables stuffed into/under any bays to make it look "cleaner".

h32h3.jpg

3h2hh.jpg

3h2hht.jpg

23hh.jpg

Last edited:
I bought the HAF 922, the 932's shorter sibling. Just as good looking and VERY easy to work with compared to the P180 I also own...my god that thing is pretty hard to work with. My wiring job sucks...any recommendations would be appreciated :)

I know I want to try to hide those unsightly front panel wires with something...some people have some black plastic wrap stuff...what is it and where can I nab some?

Onto the pics!

HAF_922_2.JPG

HAF_922_3.JPG

HAF-922_4.JPG

Nice. Lianli Cases always do look the best with that kind of cable management and a bit of LED neon lights.

@ jvz555

Just an opinion.

wait what? I have my PSU and isn't it how it's supposed to be mounted? :confused:

The fan on the PSU intakes air so I don't understand what you're not a fan of

wait what? I have my PSU and isn't it how it's supposed to be mounted? :confused:

The fan on the PSU intakes air so I don't understand what you're not a fan of

its okay how it, its just that whne people have cases that have the PSU int he bottom, they mount it with the fan facing down, but the 1200 was making my PSU suffocate, so iput it he other way. but now that i have my rocketfish i ahve the fan facing down because it has room to breath.

its okay how it, its just that whne people have cases that have the PSU int he bottom, they mount it with the fan facing down, but the 1200 was making my PSU suffocate, so iput it he other way. but now that i have my rocketfish i ahve the fan facing down because it has room to breath.

but since the PSU fan is an intake one, isnt it good to have it mounted the way you did? Cause in my case I do have space to have it mounted down, but I keep the fan up ao it takes out whatever heat it can (I know it's not much but ehh)

but whats the reason to have it mounted down?

but since the PSU fan is an intake one, isnt it good to have it mounted the way you did? Cause in my case I do have space to have it mounted down, but I keep the fan up ao it takes out whatever heat it can (I know it's not much but ehh)

so the cables are easier to route since most cases take them there

Also, running hot air through your PSU is never a good idea if it can be avoided.

Also, running hot air through your PSU is never a good idea if it can be avoided.

but its not gonna run hot, unless you have sli cards with the cards blowing air inside the case, but most noadays blow it out, so i really dont see what gonna get hot, especially since inside your case, the hottest its gonna get with good airflow is not even in around 30c

blazestorm, what kind of case is that? looks like a nice little matx case. looks like a lot of firepower in that small case.

I don't think it's mATX, maybe the dual GTX 260 are making it look smaller than it is... But it looks no smaller than my old venerable Antec Super Lanboy. There's 7 or 8 PCI slots in there just like mine, and it's longer than my Super Lanboy even (which would fit a 4870 but not a GTX 260, by like half an inch). The Lanboy had the same number of 5.25/3.5 bays too, very similar layout all around. I loved that lil' case, I'd still be using it if my GTX 260 would've fit in it, I had ripped off that fugly blue plastic grill in front and replaced it with an aluminum rad grill that changed the whole look, heh.

Edit: I've actually seen mATX cases that are larger than the Lanboy or the case pictured above, heh. I think the Mini P180 is one such case, really don't see the point of having such cramped interior when the entire chassis end up being larger.

That case is one of Lancool cases, probably the K7.

Yep, one of the cheapest LianLi and one of the best layouts imo, unfortunately steel inside.

Although the bottom GTX260 is starved for airflow, it runs about 10c hotter then the one above it... But it'll have to do until I get a Corsair 800D (which should take care of any airflow issues) :)

Back