Post your "rate my cables" here

Here's my OCD, but I hate that your HS fan is sideways, lol. I'm not knocking your wiring, which is well done, but that sideways sticker irks me.
see mine:
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1030513130&postcount=5078

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

lol how or what is that so u managed to get your speakers like that.. u nearly got the same stuff as me

yeah yeah.. hate me for asking i bet u get lots of pm's bout it :)

It's a Creative Surround Station. Google it, but they don't make it anymore. I had to tap bigger holes to mount the Klipsch.

You don't have the molex connected to your motherboard. haha i caught u
If you're talking about the primary power connector, then yes, he does have it connected. The secondary as well.

There are some really nice rigs here, but I've noticed that most people in this thread only have: 1 opctical drive 1-2 hard drives, 1 graphic card. So fairly basic systems, now if I had a loaded up rig with 6HD's, 3 optical drives, and SLI or whatever. How much harder is it to manage the cables?

There are some really nice rigs here, but I've noticed that most people in this thread only have: 1 opctical drive 1-2 hard drives, 1 graphic card. So fairly basic systems, now if I had a loaded up rig with 6HD's, 3 optical drives, and SLI or whatever. How much harder is it to manage the cables?

Working on it as we type..

2/8800 GTX
4 or 3 HDs
1 Plextor SATA drive
4 fans
Silverstone TJ09..I'm trying to get it all Done this weekend..But UPS ..did a Wacko del on my Power Supply..so I have to wait till monday/tuesday for del.."I will Post Pic's Once I'm done..IT will be HOT for sure.. :d

If you're talking about the primary power connector, then yes, he does have it connected. The secondary as well.

He's talking about the molex on the bottom of the board. That molex is not needed unless you're running SLI, and thats not an SLI capable card or board.

Working on it as we type..

2/8800 GTX
4 or 3 HDs
1 Plextor SATA drive
4 fans
Silverstone TJ09..I'm trying to get it all Done this weekend..But UPS ..did a Wacko del on my Power Supply..so I have to wait till monday/tuesday for del.."I will Post Pic's Once I'm done..IT will be HOT for sure.. :d

sure sounds like it will be ;) :D :cool:

So here is my new cable organization scheme.
Thanks to chancemax for the suggestion on the IDE cable. Also took an extra tie to the extra power cables up top. Also added anAntec intake fan near the bottom of the pci ports (took up the PCIe1X slots), as the front of my case has very little air ventilation. There is a vent, but its airflow is only enough to cool my hd a bit, not enough to actually bring in a decent amount of cool air. I might be adding a HD cooler down the line (intake in a 5.25 bay) and just not mounting a hd in it.
Anyway, her ya go, any help will be appreciated, as this is my first build of my own...

int2.jpg

Saregan,

Nice 900, I have one too,.and getting cables to clean up take some work, good job!

@spint3,
It looks like you have a really long IDE cable. if so where did you get it?

I decided to do some spring cleaning and clean and readjust 2 of my cases. First one is my main/gaming case. Second set is my Lanboy case which I need to buy proc/ram/HDD to revive it since I raped it for my HTPC setup.
lo&

HDD's
Pict0025.jpg

I tried to hide the USB and Firewire cable but they are not long enough to bring under, then bring them back up below the mobo tray, plus the USB slots are right under where the Vid sits. Those small cables are temp probes and I just want to those in laying there to get ambient temps.
Pict0026.jpg

CPU area, Notice sata cables. I thought about curving them earlier so they were not showing as much but where I am bringing them over and across to the HDD's they did not want to curve that many times.
Pict0027.jpg

This is my Lanboy case which I am setting up getting ready to add new parts too. I need that USB slot since its gets alot of externals. I was very happy with what I was able to do with the other USB and especially the audio cable which you can see the black tape on the I/O area. Closer shot later on the 3rd picture, if you look you can see the cable under the power cable on the mobo.
Pict0029.jpg

Thinking about getting a modular PSU to clean some of those up.
Pict0030.jpg

Closer shot of the audio cable to hook up the front headphones area. You can see it between the vid card and teh audio jacks in the I/O.
Pict0031.jpg

I know I will have some more cleaning to do once I put the fans and HDDs in.
Any thoughts?

*psst!* There's no CPU in that machine!

I think I must be the only one who DOESN'T like NOT being able to see all the cabling. For me, opening up a machine & not seeing any cables just doesn't seem right - a computer is supposed to be full of cables & stuff! I really gave up on spending too much time tidying when I realised what a bitch it made of changing things round...

*psst!* There's no CPU in that machine!

I think I must be the only one who DOESN'T like NOT being able to see all the cabling. For me, opening up a machine & not seeing any cables just doesn't seem right - a computer is supposed to be full of cables & stuff! I really gave up on spending too much time tidying when I realised what a bitch it made of changing things round...

true, but that's the trick... hiding them in such a way that they are still accessible.
Also, I am teh same way as you only with noise. I HATE a loud machine, and by hiding the cables, you increase airflow, decrease temps and therefore decrease fan -noise.

I should have my system finished in the next week or so
1 optical
9 hard drives
1 graphics card
1 RAID card
1 sound card

no case mods and I'd say it's already better looking than most the systems here, but I'll you guys be the judge as soon as it's done

@spint3,
It looks like you have a really long IDE cable. if so where did you get it?

Its just a standard length. the lower cable that is visable is the floppy, the ide is inline with the cdroms, you can just make out the blue connector on the board.

thats right.. i said floppy. I think it looks alright for 3 hd's, 2 opticals, floppy, and a card reader. Can't wait to see what you got goin on EnderW.

Here are some of my pics. It's a little more than a basic computer i suppose.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

1 150 gig raptor, 2 320gig 7200.10 Barracudas in Raid 1 and one 300 gig seagate, two dvd burners, 1 floopy, 1 7600 GT (will be 8800GTX hopefully soon), E6600, 750watt thermaltake supply, P5W DH Deluxe.

no case mods and I'd say it's already better looking than most the systems here, but I'll you guys be the judge as soon as it's done
That's a good idea. Put your pics where your mouth is!!!

IMG_3331.jpg

Something like this then? 4 HDDs, 1 optical, 2 graphics cards (7800GT and 7100GS), 1 nic and a soundcard :D

Those red SATA-cables are replaced by some shorter ones from Shuttle (now, they are VERY short). And yeah, the OCZ ModStream-cables are really a pain in the ass since they are abit too stiff.

I've got the exact same psu and yeah the mainboard connector is stiff as hell. You can try softening it up with a blow dryer but mind you it will be more or less temporary. Another thing I've noticed about the psu is how crappy the sata connectors are. I broke one of the two on the first day I got it now all I've got is the second one thats unsleeved. :mad:

I've got the exact same psu and yeah the mainboard connector is stiff as hell. You can try softening it up with a blow dryer but mind you it will be more or less temporary. Another thing I've noticed about the psu is how crappy the sata connectors are. I broke one of the two on the first day I got it now all I've got is the second one thats unsleeved. :mad:

Yeah, and some of the cables are really short.. :/ I'm thinking of either removing the sleeving or buying a new PSU, like a Seasonic S12 or something. It's hard to make something look good with that kind of stiffness....
My other computer with a Tagan 530w EasyCon is looking abit cleaner, bit it's a smaller case too.

IMG_2865.jpg

Specs: Asus P4C800, P4 2.4c, 9800 Pro AIW, 1 GB ram, 60+80 GB hdd, Nec 3550 DVD-RW, Pioneer Slot-in DVD-ROM, D-link Nic (not shown in picture). Currently running YellowTab Zeta.

What kind of system do you have? Those HP cases have NO airflow, doesn't your system run quite hot?

It's a media center PC (m7330n) but as you can see there's nothing stock in there besides the mobo, even with the freezer 64 on the cpu and side of the case open like in the picture, the cpu still idles around 50C. I've removed the optical drives because with them installed it would look like knaSen's setup where the power cables going to the drives are all crammed against psu. I almost never use them anyways.

It's a media center PC (m7330n) but as you can see there's nothing stock in there besides the mobo, even with the freezer 64 on the cpu and side of the case open like in the picture, the cpu still idles around 50C. I've removed the optical drives because with them installed it would look like knaSen's setup where the power cables going to the drives are all crammed against psu. I almost never use them anyways.
Yea, I sell and work on those 7000n series guys all the time. The MediaDrive slot also takes up a lot of space. Like I said... NO air circulation.

That freezer is not the best cooler either, I had it once, and I gave it away the same day I bought it. It was too loud and the cooling was not that good when I lowered the fan to a silent mode.

The Thermalright XP-90C is alot better, even with the acoustifan dustproof at 5v..

I've replaced my IDE drives yesterday with SATA only (even the dvd-burner), so I'll post some pics when I've redone the wires.

Edit: I think I'll try to put in my Tagan 530w in this case instead, since it has more SATA-powercables native on the PSU, the OCZ only has one (with two connectors) as you might know. The Tagan-cables are abit less stiff so I might be able to do something nicer. I'll think about it.

That freezer is not the best cooler either, I had it once, and I gave it away the same day I bought it. It was too loud and the cooling was not that good when I lowered the fan to a silent mode.

That's odd, I cant even hear mine. Even when I crank it up to full speed with speedfan it's not very loud. You're definitely right about the cooling, to be honest I think my temps have gone up with this thing compared to the stock HSF I had before it. I even lapped this thing and it hasn't done it justice...

That's odd, I cant even hear mine. Even when I crank it up to full speed with speedfan it's not very loud. You're definitely right about the cooling, to be honest I think my temps have gone up with this thing compared to the stock HSF I had before it. I even lapped this thing and it hasn't done it justice...

I might've got a bad one tho... but it was a pretty high rpm fan so it could never had been silent anyways... was like 3k rpm or so.
I don't really see why it's so bad, I had a Spire that I reviewed that was smaller but more silent and performed better.

Edit: But since I reviewed a few other coolers I did not end up using that one, I got stuck with the XP-90C :)

Back