Post Your Portfolios Websites! (photography, job, design, anything)

bordes

Gawd
I'm currently working on a portfolio website for myself. I wanted to see if any of you guys had one for yourself, your art, profession, or anything else! Just curious. :D

I will have a portfolio site soon! My fiancee and I run a merchandise site together, and I offer some services from there, so I use that for now until m portfolio site is complete. :)

I have one from several years ago that doesn't reflect my current skill set in any way. Need to get something else up there soon, as it's getting rather embarasing to give out the link. :rolleyes:

I'd think you should be able to turn up plenty in google, at least enough to give you an idea of the quality you should be shooting for.

I'll let you know when I get a page put up that doesn't suck. ;)

I'm working on my site right now but I have my most recent demo reel up for viewing. I primarily do work for corporate clients so that is what's represented in my reel. I mainly do presentations but also do some print, interface, and video work as well.

http://www.yourzombieboyfriend.com/

wow, eggo - great site!

now i'm really glad i didn't link to mine. :p

wow, can't look at most of these site because they are all 100% flash.. yuck.

I don't do anything professionally but my personal website features the few websites I have created and my amateur photography (mostly music festivals). - http://mrbsdomain.com

Mine is www.aaronsyork.com

I'm in the planning stages for redoing it, and it should be done by mid June. The work on it is all old, and the one with the flags will probably just be removed. I'll be adding my resume, changing out all my links for people I actually know, reducing the amount of flash, and putting a link to each gallery on the navigation frame to reduce the clicks needed. I'll also be cleaning up the flash that will stay.

While almost the whole site is in flash right now, I don't think it is overdone, and I only plan to reduce it to make the site more search friendly. I, and most other people I know, are very much against sites having music and/or sound effects. Typically, I close a site immediately if it starts making noise, if I am forced to watch an intro, or if anything but very brief (I'd say 0.5s tops, unless it is done while the image is loading, and not in addition) animations are used between pages/images. There are exceptions to everything of course, but once I realized that these feelings were shared by almost everyone in my web design class, as well as my photography classes, I decided to try my best to avoid them.

Once I get the layout how I want it, I'll be putting up another website for my commercial photography. I'm open to critique on my site, and willing to critique anyone's that wants it.

Hi,nice looking site. However in your "gallery" you have in your footer for valid xhtml, but the pages aren't valid, you might want to check it out. I think it would be nice to sort the guest book in descending order.

Yeah, if you click your name at the bottom, things break. An iframe for your content while keeping all navigation on your index.html could help. It would also reduce bandwidth and load times a bit.

Tightened it up and updated some of the UI elements. Also integrated my blog's look with the main site's.
That's not bad. You might consider shrinking/cropping the feature photo on the home page so 1024x768 users don't have to scroll down to see the entire image.

Hi,nice looking site. However in your "gallery" you have in your footer for valid xhtml, but the pages aren't valid, you might want to check it out. I think it would be nice to sort the guest book in descending order.

Yeah, if you click your name at the bottom, things break. An iframe for your content while keeping all navigation on your index.html could help. It would also reduce bandwidth and load times a bit.
Thanks you two and sorry for the super late reply. I haven't been on this forum to often anymore. I'll try to get all that knocked out soon, however there is a redesign in the works, so we'll see what happens.

lol, black mesa source :)
Mmmm, good song isn't it :D

Back