Post your oc with Vapo LS/MachII+ s939 and BH5 or Tccd

Confirmed...Guys, you better hold on to your FX55 130nm. I almost 100% sure that FX57 will have the same problem :( ...The only hope is with FX55 90nm which I doubt it will be as healthy as their 130nm twin..

centvalny said:
Confirmed...Guys, you better hold on to your FX55 130nm. I almost 100% sure that FX57 will have the same problem :( ...The only hope is with FX55 90nm which I doubt it will be as healthy as their 130nm twin..

what problem?

Listen to the man, he knows. The new cores have problems with sub-zero temps. Unless you are getting out or on air/water hold on to your shit. Nuff said. :D

James Earl Ray said:
Listen to the man, he knows. The new cores have problems with sub-zero temps. Unless you are getting out or on air/water hold on to your shit. Nuff said. :D
Thanks bro :D Too tired to explain...After testing it all day/night, I can say that this fx55 0507 sucks :(

centvalny said:
What problem?

The cold bug that is still plagueing the SD core fairly strongly, which most had hoped would be old news. I dont see it becoming an issue with every Venice and/or SD slapped under a frosty block...but its still far to prevalent for it to be worth trying for those of us who can't afford to buy a half dozen $700 chips to give it a go. :rolleyes:

cornelious0_0 said:
The cold bug that is still plagueing the SD core fairly strongly, which most had hoped would be old news. I dont see it becoming an issue with every Venice and/or SD slapped under a frosty block...but its still far to prevalent for it to be worth trying for those of us who can't afford to buy a half dozen $700 chips to give it a go. :rolleyes:

Oh crap. Not again. I didn't see anyone say that on xtremesystems. Boo.

I'd better dry it out on aircooling.

bubblethumper said:
Oh crap. Not again. I didn't see anyone say that on xtremesystems. Boo.

I'd better dry it out on aircooling.

Well at this point it's not nearly as widespread as it was with the winnies...but it's still around, I haven't seen a LOT of SD's hit by the cold bug, but I have none-the-less.....same with the Venice, not as huge an epidemic as it was with the winnies, but you're still best off with an FX-55 atm if you're going/have phase.

cornelious0_0 said:
Well at this point it's not nearly as widespread as it was with the winnies...but it's still around, I haven't seen a LOT of SD's hit by the cold bug, but I have none-the-less.....same with the Venice, not as huge an epidemic as it was with the winnies, but you're still best off with an FX-55 atm if you're going/have phase.

Awwww... frucckin' piece of shat. The thing has cold bug. Just fired it up with no problem on air.

bubblethumper said:
Awwww... frucckin' piece of shat. The thing has cold bug. Just fired it up with no problem on air.

So this is your 3700 SD you're talkin' about right? I would really like to give one a go, but I think the farthest I'll go without jumping to an FX-55 is a 3500+ Venice. Might do what I can with the 3000+ on h2O...get my X850XT....and then look at picking up a 3500 Venice before/if I end up going with a phase change setup and an FX-55.

All down the road yet, but its a bit of a roadmap for me so i have some things to look forward to. For now I'm just waiting for the damn board and 3000+ to get here, gotta wait 'till wednesday for arrival now. :(

Yep, SD 3700 is cold-buggin' on me. I'm not sure where the temperature cutoff is, but it locks up on me somewhere below zero. Ugh. what a bummer.

Yeah, those venice chips are great for the money if you're not on phase change. I dunno what my plan is going to be now. Probably exchange for a clawhammer 3500 and call it a day.

bubblethumper said:
Probably exchange for a clawhammer 3500 and call it a day.

Too bad bro...I feel for ya. :(

Ah well...hope whatever you give a go next turns in your favor. :cool:

bubblethumper said:
Thanks corn. Good luck to you with the new setup too

Thx man, I'm actually quite determined now to stick with a 3000+ and just try and get the best one I can, because I really dont wanna go for 3GHz with 300x10 on a 3200+.....and even though it's more of a challenge for myself and the hardware, 334x9 is such a more attractive clock to reach for, but we'll see how far my GSkill actually goes. my two 256MB sticks were handpicked for me, but i dunno exactly how far past 300MHz 1:1 they go, OPB only took time to test up to about 310 or so....so worst case scenario is I have to get some PC4800LA and/or a new 3000+. :p

cross your fingers for me, if I can get 334x9 1:1 done on my first go I'll be doing backflips. :D

cornelious0_0 said:
cross your fingers for me, if I can get 334x9 1:1 done on my first go I'll be doing backflips. :D

Uhhh... yeah that would be a pretty good scenario ;) Honestly, 3ghz on any A64 and I'd be happy for daily use. Only reason I went phase change is to try to get my intel competitive with Athlons.

I'm discovering my Diego seems to be ok at subzero as long as I do the initial boot without phase change. Hmm.... maybe this wont have to be returned.....

bubblethumper said:
Uhhh... yeah that would be a pretty good scenario ;) Honestly, 3ghz on any A64 and I'd be happy for daily use. Only reason I went phase change is to try to get my intel competitive with Athlons.

Good call, I would too, cus I'd have more fun with an Intel/PC setup....but this is a LOT cheaper for me right now. ;)

This ram is amazing :D ..Boot @ 270 with 3.6V....right out of the box... Heres pic w/o heatspreader (warranty totally void) and lite benches..
redline0yn.jpg

mushkin40to.jpg

mushkin22rx.jpg

VERY nice bro, slick SuperPi time...I knew that that redline was gonna start to catch on in a hurry. It should be the memory of choice for FX owners running h2O or better right now, in terms of OCability it's fairly on par with OCZ's VX, but the fact that it requires literally no burn in sets it ahead a fair bit if you ask me.

Ah well, my DFI Ultra-D and 3000+ Venice are being delivered in about 6 and a half hours from now, can't wait to drop in my GSkill and see what it'll really do.

I'm so excited...sleep is for the week!!! :D :cool:

Only the SD has the cold bug. I have seen nothig reporting the Venice having one. I run mine at -68c just fine. Gotta love 3.24..."AMD- The Stomper of any Intel". :p :D

Heres 'balls to the wall' pure speed comparo....
tccd @335 and +100mhz on cpu with 3.1V >< bh-5@271 with 3.6V....
superpi9ks.jpg

superpi28tn.jpg

2Fresh said:
Only the SD has the cold bug. I have seen nothig reporting the Venice having one. I run mine at -68c just fine. Gotta love 3.24..."AMD- The Stomper of any Intel". :p :D

I dunno, either that's not 100% true, or it's my board.....cus I put my sig system in the freezer, and after letting the case and PWM temps drop below zero, the rig would not boot...sat there for a good 15 seconds before it kicked in.

If I'm not gonna have to worry about a coldbug ruining my fun with a Venice, then I'm going to continue looking for a really nice 3200+ to pickup. All I want is the 10x multiplier, cus my GSkill PC4400LE is doing 335MHz 1:1 2.5-4-3-5 easily, and hitting about 3.3GHz with a 10x on that ram would fricken kick ass.

Here's the max bandwidth I've been able to hit with this ram, take into account though the 8x multiplier.....about the same bandwidth at 335x8 as i get at 295x9.....

maxram4nd.jpg

Oh, and everest latency at the same clocks/timings as in that pic is 34.7ns....didn't bother to take a pic for some reason. :p

EDIT: Not run on my cleaner bench partition, but Sandra Unbuffered at 295x9 is 5,083MB/s. :cool:

centvalny said:
Corn, thats Gskills tccd powa..and welcome to 335 club :D We passed ddr 666 mark...

Thx bro, I'm really happy with this stuff, and the board (obviously) kicks ass...but this chip i got is bunk.....

Regardless....I'm starting at 205htt...raising it by 5 each time, and running through SuperPi 32M each time. The first time I can't finish 32M...I'm gonna try every BIOS available, with the ram in orange and yellow slots, to make sure that there's no other available BIOS that'll get me clockin' any higher before I do any voltage work. This way, I'll only be running the voltages I NEED for any given clock...and I'll be able to fine tune everything MUCH more then I'd be able to otherwise.

I've decided that I'm going to pickup an X300 to get rid of this Cirrus Logic PCi card.....and then wait. My next purchase will be 2x512MB sticks of Mushkin Redline PC4000 memory, with one thing in mind. My cpu doesn't overclock very well to begin with, and if I'm gonna be stuck at lower HTT's, i might as well get the tight timings going too. After the Redline I'll be waiting to pickup an r520 to go with my slightly OCd 3000+ and the redline....and then last, the FX-57 will finally make the redline "usefull" and I'll have one kickass threesome.

So yeah, purchases will be in teh following order: 1GB PC4000 Redline -> r520 -> FX-57.

I was thinking about doing the FX-57 first, but what good is the faster cpu gonna be if i still have the X300....whereas the r520 will still kickass with the 3000+, just be bottlenecked a tad. ;)

phew, I'm done. :p

Very nice to see that that thing is treating you so well bro...

Things are going well for me two, I just finish SuperPi 32M at 290x9 with the GSkill at 1:1 with 1.568v on the CPU.........with the AMD boxed cooler....still haven't found my limits at 1:1, and I'm excited to see what I'll be able to do with at least the 9/10 dram ratio in place. :D

I'll keep ya updated. :cool:

Redline RIP :( .....Insane speed, really tight timings and high voltage. Too bad it catch the cold boot bug.

Edit: Redline isnt RIP :D Found way to beat cold boot.....So, next logical step is to combine these 2 amazing rams...
4X512 GskillGH and Redline run @2T and 3.6V...No opti.
screenshot0626aa.jpg

screenshot0605rl.jpg

Very nice bro, I wish I had your kind of money.....or at least a good enough friend to pimp me hardware to play with. ;)

Back