Post your Oblivion pics here!

looks like AA is on in every one of your shots...do you have it turned on in more than one place (Both inside Oblivion and in CCC)?

How do I run both HDR and AA?
I've run the chuck patch but when I select HDR it switches off AA and when I enable AA it switches off HDR. :confused:
Should I patch up the game first as it's on 1.0.228 i think.

(I'm using catalyst 7.1 at the moment)

Well, with my 8800 I must turn AA on with the nvidia control panel and HDR on the Oblivion menu otherwise I get the same problem as you. Haven't used an ATI card for this game so I am uncertain. I agree with Unknown-One though, seems AA is working to me. And yes, patch up already! :) Some mods require your game to be patched.

Try to find one of those beach rocks so we can know for certain whether the mod is working or not.

It'll probably cause a lot of stuttering since Qarl didn't make the 256MB version yet. You can give it a try though.

I tried on my 256mb X1950 Pro. Stuttering like MAD, and when the framerate dropped to single-digits due to texture loading, it would crash pretty often (as in 'more often than usual for Oblivion').

That said, QTP3 is *breathtaking*, so...I bought a 512mb X1950 Pro (would love to have gone for a higher-end card, as I had the funds to upgrade it...but the 512mb X1950 Pro is the fastest single-slot card that can do HDR+AA in 'Oblivion', so...)

Anyway, I game with 4xAA at 1280x720 ('widescreen') resolution. On my 1280x1024 LCD, I tell the ATI drives not to 'scale' it, so I get a 'letterboxed' game that looks EXACTLY like a DVD on the PC (same exact dimensions, and with QTP, HDR, and 4xAA...the quality is certainly up there, too!)

Performance is really quite good. 2gb of OCZ ram at DDR500, and an AMD dual-core Opteron @ 2.0ghz - I'd guess I'm averaging mid-20s to low-30s most the time. Perfectly fine for this title, and it looks GREAT.

Cool. I've finally got Qarl's TP2 working - it was my error and I didn't install it properly so I took out the previous files and reinstalled the whole pack. It definitely looks much more stunning than the vanilla oblivion.

Here's the fossil rocks:

And a comparison :)

Now to get some other mods for long distance tiles, etc. What else would be essential? I stopped playing for about 4-5 months and getting my X1800xt has sparked my interest again along with the mods to make it look even better than it was!

Sadly, I still can't get HDR and AA to run at the same time. Bloom works fine with AA, I've tried enabling and disabling various combinations on CCC and ATI Tools.
Catalyst 7.1 does support HDr/AA at the same time right?
Does AF have any effect in Oblivion?

synbios, it's still not working right. It's using my normal maps but the game's stock textures. So the textures don't match the normal maps.

This happens when you don't use ObMM to edit your BSA files for proper archive invalidation.

synbios, it's still not working right. It's using my normal maps but the game's stock textures. So the textures don't match the normal maps.

This happens when you don't use ObMM to edit your BSA files for proper archive invalidation.

Ah. I see Qarl (hi and thanks for the fantastic pack!).

I think i better install the manager and run from there.
Shall I delete the associated qarl files manually or is there another method I should go through that will revert back to pre-installed QTP2 status?

Qarl, if I already have TP3 installed and I wanted to try messing around with vanilla Oblivion without using your texture pack, how would I go about doing that?

The best way to get rid of a mod cleanly is to make an omod of it with ObMM. Then remove it with same.

One of the caves which link the sewer systems between cities:

Been nerding it up with some museum mod - going through a "collector" phase at the moment, which means i'm trying to get just about every bit of kit out of OOO 1.31 I can. Hooray for being sad!

EDIT: incidentally, anyone used OBSE here? I downloaded it to get a few mods like Thieves Arsenal working, and the damn thing says i'm running the original install and need to patch it.
Point being, it is patched and OBSE is gay. LAIMB.

Been nerding it up with some museum mod - going through a "collector" phase at the moment, which means i'm trying to get just about every bit of kit out of OOO 1.31 I can. Hooray for being sad!

EDIT: incidentally, anyone used OBSE here? I downloaded it to get a few mods like Thieves Arsenal working, and the damn thing says i'm running the original install and need to patch it.
Point being, it is patched and OBSE is gay. LAIMB.

OBSE is fantastic, just because you can't get it to work doesn't make it "gay".

Wow! Nice screen Wally.

I've now managed to get AA/AF running with HDR.
My solution? Uninstall ATI tools and install ATI Tray Tools.
ATI tools is defintely the problem (most likely to be unstable with XP64) :)

You might've noticed my post wasn't entirely serious, but thanks all the same for the insightful input.

Your welcome, I aim to please. ;) Have you checked out Phitt's museum mod? Also, with the OBSE issue you may want to contact behippo on the TES boards as he should be able to solve the problem you are having.

Couple more I took awhile ago:

Your welcome, I aim to please. ;) Have you checked out Phitt's museum mod? Also, with the OBSE issue you may want to contact behippo on the TES boards as he should be able to solve the problem you are having.

Couple more I took awhile ago:

Wow! :eek:

Incredible, I wonder if my x1800 is capable :rolleyes:

How is QTP2 running? You can always mix and match QTP2/QTP3. Such as having QTP3 interiors with QTP2 landscape.

Well, I need to uninstall and setup the manager before applying any mods as Qarl spotted some deficiencies in my installation. I'vce noticed the background maps are a little messed up too.

That's a shame really. You've obviously put in the effort to create the armour, guess some people can't appreciate your work. I'd like to see if they've got any of their own work.

Nice pics.

Thanks, I appreciate it. :D

It is shame. If I weren't a better man, I might actually let them deter me from making future releases. Some of their critique has merit, so I fix it. Some recommendations are things I can do, so I do it. I'm no modeller, so I hate it when people say "move the crest down" or "get rid of the imperial belt" or "why didn't you make a spear?" Frustrating. I confirmed, a lot of these nit pickers aren't modders themselves.. One jerk off plainly said "this is just another reskin" when I obviously had 3 new meshes (helm, sword, cuirass). Okay, I'm done venting. :)

Wally how did you get that bow in your pic, or what ever the hell that is.

The winged bow comes as part of OOO, I think. It's up in the jerall mountains, near Ice Dragon Clan camp or something - south-west of what I think is Vaermina's shrine you'll come across an ogre, and some skeletons. It's in one of the sets of bones littered about the place.

I found a winged bow, but I only have frans 2.4 and MMM.

Anyhow, here's the latest iteration of my spartan armor. Almost done with the next release.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/SPARTANVI/spartan34.jpg

That's the damaged/worn version of the helmet. It will be available in two suits, worn and new. Worn suits can be purchased at the stores and new ones from the NPCs I'll be placing.

The winged bow comes as part of OOO, I think. It's up in the jerall mountains, near Ice Dragon Clan camp or something - south-west of what I think is Vaermina's shrine you'll come across an ogre, and some skeletons. It's in one of the sets of bones littered about the place.

Is it a leveled item, what level were you when you got it? I dont wanna go up there and find an iron bow or something, im level 9, were as if I went up there as level 30 or so and found the kick ass looking one as you have

Few pictures of the Tel Aryon house mod (still in early beta stages):
Outside:

Inside:

New Doors:

Is it a leveled item, what level were you when you got it? I dont wanna go up there and find an iron bow or something, im level 9, were as if I went up there as level 30 or so and found the kick ass looking one as you have

Almost certainly not. It's part of a mod, but OOO has kind of assimilated a load of mods, presumbly including "frans 2.4 and MMM". I found out it by accident after coming across some sort of OOO spoiler thread. If you go looking for a winged bow you'll find one, not an iron nonsense.

EDIT: odd quite how many names i'm seeing here i'm familiar with from TES Source.

Great picture Sabrewulf165! What is the original resolution it was taken at?

Just reinstalled oblivion since I got my westy 37", but for some reason I can get aa and hdr to work. I had it working fine previously, no clue why it's not working now. Used override, 4x, tried both super and multi, and various levels and does nothing.

Having been away from this game mid-way in my first (and only) game. I really do miss Cyrodiil!
In the past few days I've gradually gotten myself back into the game and what a beautiful world it is with Qarl's TP3 (Mega thanks Qarl!)

I can't remember, but how do you swing around to see your character from the front view?

Back