Post your Oblivion pics here!

ok - here are some with 16x AF..

bos20.jpg

bos21.jpg

bos22.jpg

bos23.jpg

bos24.jpg

bos25.jpg

after running around not near an Oblivion gate even 16x AF seems to be acceptable performance wise.. it's for sure nicer looking than 8x also. I guess there will always be spots where the fps will dip below 30 without SLI.. but I am still shocked how well this one card can handle the stuff I toss at it.

One of my favorite shots, also my wallpaper. Qarl's textures make this game so screenshot worthy.

oblivion200701031150461ut7.jpg

rev, hav you changed the setting in your ini file to make the water reflect trees rocks and people. In you're screenies it doesn't look like you have. It makes everything look way better.

Hrm... nope.. I have natural environments installed and let it take command of how the water looks.. I reckon I can try that out tho.. tahnks for the heads up. :)

edit:

bUseWaterReflectionsMisc=1
bUseWaterReflectionsStatics=1
bUseWaterReflectionsTrees=1
bUseWaterReflectionsActors=1

I'll try that tonight.. but at this point I can't handle too many more hits to performance. lol.

Here is a picture I took just a few moments ago. (Don't be fooled. I cant run Oblivion at this resolution :p)

Oblivion2007-01-0814-36-32-77.jpg

The only bad part is that the reflections pop up once you are close to them but man do they make everything look better. There's is probably a way to make them visible farther away. Or maybe it goes along with that uGridstoload setting...

EDIT: this is also with the Natural environments mod

B-E-A-utiful..

I was just telling my wife, as she said she was ready for summer already.. I sometimes feel like it's summer while playing because of the amazingly lush & realistic env in this game.. :)

B-E-A-utiful..

I was just telling my wife, as she said she was ready for summer already.. I sometimes feel like it's summer while playing because of the amazingly lush & realistic env in this game.. :)
you sir are a gamer! CHEERS!

This thread made me reinstall and mod up, thanks guys!

Game is as beautiful as ever. Hopefully will post screens really soon.

^^ it's one of the new creatures from Francesco's mods.

ok, two more I had to post..

this one just because it's pretty
bos30.jpg

and this one because, wow, those are some nice parallaxed textures. lol. :D
bos31.jpg

Man do those textures look amazing! Is that v3 or has Qarl not released those yet? Also have you tried out the tree and character reflections yet? If so, how do you like :D? and how is the perf. hit?

It's a guar! :eek:
screenshot30bu3.jpg

Also, I suggest everyone try this mod (better tree/flora textures). Does create a somewhat large FPS drop though (for me at least).

Man do those textures look amazing! Is that v3 or has Qarl not released those yet? Also have you tried out the tree and character reflections yet? If so, how do you like :D? and how is the perf. hit?

Not texture pack 3... I'm looking forward to that one. :D I did try the reflections and it didn't impact performance hardly at all. yay for that. :) Thanks for the heads up again.

PS: I think Francesco's level creatures and optional extra creatures/items mod adds those little guys above.. I have seen one of them since I added that mod also.

Click me! I do believe the team who did the model/animation was the Lore Creatures group.

Any idea if Martigen's Monstor Mod works with OOO? I was reading the list of changes and added content for that mod and it looks quite intriguing. OOO adds a fair amount of new NPC's but it seems like Martigen's goes above and beyond that.

@ revenant: I've never heard of the improved tree/flora textures. I'm going to give it a try when I get home...as if I don't have enough visual mods bogging down my 6800GT :cool:

Any idea if Martigen's Monstor Mod works with OOO? I was reading the list of changes and added content for that mod and it looks quite intriguing. OOO adds a fair amount of new NPC's but it seems like Martigen's goes above and beyond that.

@ revenant: I've never heard of the improved tree/flora textures. I'm going to give it a try when I get home...as if I don't have enough visual mods bogging down my 6800GT :cool:

Yes, he states it in his first post on the thread. Load it after OOO.

Oops...I see it now.I guess I missed it the first time I scanned through that thread. Thanks.

Well, there are a couple ways to add extra flora textures.. Natual Environments has has a component which changes the vegitation, you can run with it off or on.. or you can get the flora textures which DJ links to also as a stand alone package.. I dig Natural Env tho.. makes the env seem much more realistic.. but as always, at a small performance price.. but you can choose the components to use with it.. there are like 5 or 6 different parts to it.. and I think you can run with that extra flora textures ontop of Nat Env also.. but I have yet to do that..

Well, there are a couple ways to add extra flora textures.. Natual Environments has has a component which changes the vegitation, you can run with it off or on.. or you can get the flora textures which DJ links to also as a stand alone package.. I dig Natural Env tho.. makes the env seem much more realistic.. but as always, at a small performance price.. but you can choose the components to use with it.. there are like 5 or 6 different parts to it.. and I think you can run with that extra flora textures ontop of Nat Env also.. but I have yet to do that..

NE vegetation does not improve the graphics, instead it increases the sizes of vegetation, thus making both mods compatible.

With all these lovely pictures I see, I am guessing picking up oblivion for the 49.99 is a good investment?

If I do my poor Morrowind character might get lonely... hrmm...

DJ - ok, I wasn't sure if it added it's own or not.. I thought some of the leaves looked different on certain trees, but maybe those are just changes from within Oblivion's own flora texture sets. anyways.. so I guess NE isn't a way to add new textures.. sorry for mis-informing

DJ - ok, I wasn't sure if it added it's own or not.. I thought some of the leaves looked different on certain trees, but maybe those are just changes from within Oblivion's own flora texture sets. anyways.. so I guess NE isn't a way to add new textures.. sorry for mis-informing

Well, I'm also not 100% sure, but from what I remember from Max was that it only changed the size of vegetation. I wish Oblivion had more depth than just "go into dungeon/cave, kill all enemies, leave (because there is never anything good in the chests)". Luckily OOO fixes some of that with unique bosses/loot, would love some puzzle dungeons though.

screenshot42vi3.jpg

Yea OOO definitely is a must for those who think the dungeons are boring. Actually I thought the whole game was boring until installing OOO. Puzzle dungeons would be awesome though

I'm one of the lucky few who grabbed the beta of Qarl's third texture pack. I would definitely say it makes the game look tons better. The second pack is very good, but since you still see a lot of bethesda's default textures, Qarl's really stands out as not belonging with the rest. With the third, he's replaced damn near every texture, so they don't stick out, they just blend in with each other. Playing with those textures makes the game much more immersive-looking. I absolutely will never again play Oblivion without those textures and at least 8xAF.

Some nice pics of my OOO character. Big ass pics!

I'm now running close to 30 mods :S I play at 1680*1050(native) with everything on max, Bloom x4 AA x16AF, but grass/canopy shadows off. (fps 31-60). Still no Qarl's, as I'm patiently waiting for Ver 3.

The pics seem to have pixelated abit in compression. I Usually play with the hood on, but I still havn't got rid of the ugly enchantment glow it gives me, so most of the pics are without it.

She's really an evil badass...

Watching over the waterfront...

Sometimes she does stuff during the day...

Shadow of death?... or something.

Added every mod in existence...

Now added Qarls texture pack 3 beta.

Been so busy adding mods, forgot to actually play the game :p :D

What it the latest expected release date for Qarl's pack? and how big (ball park) is the download going to be?

And mister "all mods in existance", :p What do you think is the best designed player's house mods that doesn't unbalance the game?

Players house mod?

You mean the mods that give you a house of your own?

I guess I should clarify... I've downloaded every GRAPHIC mod in existence... every one that is good :p

BTW, no real point in downloading the beta, the main thing will be realsed any day now, I just had to have it, I have no patience :rolleyes:

Besides, Qarl on his page wants the beta of texture pack 3 to be kept to the beta testing crowd, not linked to a lot of people... If you really want it, go to his site, (He is here ya know), or search for it....

Droopz, how did you get those badass wings?

Alexandra's Wings Mod. - Comes with dragon (like mine), angel, dark angel, Imp and eagle wings. Most can be equiped in a 'up' or 'down' fashion. Mine are dragon 'down' wings.

Players house mod?

You mean the mods that give you a house of your own?

I guess I should clarify... I've downloaded every GRAPHIC mod in existence... every one that is good :p

BTW, no real point in downloading the beta, the main thing will be realsed any day now, I just had to have it, I have no patience :rolleyes:

Besides, Qarl on his page wants the beta of texture pack 3 to be kept to the beta testing crowd, not linked to a lot of people... If you really want it, go to his site, (He is here ya know), or search for it....

Wow, I wish I had your computer. Really nice pictures.

screenshot43ja2.jpg

I really want to try out the new Qarl's texture pack. I was thinking of doing a new character and playing the game again. I know I missed a few things, so I want to get them now :)
Re-playing Oblivion with this refreshed look plus all the balancing mods, will certainly be a blast!

I really want to try out the new Qarl's texture pack. I was thinking of doing a new character and playing the game again. I know I missed a few things, so I want to get them now :)
Re-playing Oblivion with this refreshed look plus all the balancing mods, will certainly be a blast!

Yes, OOO (or frans/etc) sure does change things up a lot. Dungeon crawling is actually exciting now and sometimes you just have to back off and wait till you level up. I've even had at least 25min battles against a boss, was well worth it though. Actually, over an hour counting reloads. ;) I would also like to try out Qarl's new pack but I'm going to wait for dev to "optimize" it.
Some Cosmic Lovin':

Fishies!

Dinner Time!

Qarl, my jaw just hit the floor. DOF is freakin' awesome!

Wow, can't wait for what you have cooking...

UNICORN!!!!!!!!! ;)

nice shots!

mmmmmmm... qarl's texture pack 3... :D

edit: the DoF mod rooks bely bely nice!

well i got a 360 and since it seems they didnt have gothic 3 for 360, i got oblivion to try out, so will see how good it goes :)

Back