Post your Oblivion pics here!

Okay, I contracted Vampirism, so I went on the cure vampirism quest for Count Hassildor.
So I drink the potion, and my character looks normal, except for the fact that she is seriously scary looking.
Before Vampirism:
48ogbrd.jpg

And after (ahhhhh)!:
30wmiv4.jpg

A quick tap on the tilde key and typing "sexchange" two times fixed the problem. Phew.

I guess nobody uses the Toggle Menu (TM) command when taking screenshots. It gets rid of that nasty HUD and makes for more picturesque shots.

I will have a PC that bests yours!! ^^

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAH!!!! ;-)

Just ordered my OverdrivePC E6600 OC'd to 3.4Ghz so my processor will be about the same as yours, but I sprung for the 8800GTX. I will pwn you soon!!!

Don't own Oblivion yet, but will get it this Christmas...

pcfan10110 said:
i meant I havent tried it before. Dumbass
It wasn't a personal attack but you made it one now. You need to calm down a little. I was just saying that you have the best possible computer and if you can't play oblivion to the fullest then that game is pretty ridiculous.

man, i had a boatload of Oblivion pics but now they are in oblivion (i.e deleted!) some really nice ones here though :D

ThirtySixBelow said:
It wasn't a personal attack but you made it one now. You need to calm down a little. I was just saying that you have the best possible computer and if you can't play oblivion to the fullest then that game is pretty ridiculous.

I'm sorry about that. Please accept my humblest apology.

Oh hell, I have so much trouble posting pics. I was trying to use the damn thumbnail link, and I can't get it to work.

Sorry about that, I didn't mean to post in this thread without pics...I have some fairly cool ones, but I can't figure out Imageshack.

Yes, only an idiot cannot figure out Imageshack, I know.

:::hangs head in shame:::

davidober said:

Just ordered my OverdrivePC E6600 OC'd to 3.4Ghz so my processor will be about the same as yours, but I sprung for the 8800GTX. I will pwn you soon!!!

Uh, okay. Does that matter to me? No, because I upgrade regularly and who really gives a shit who's computer is better?

My computer is more then 6 months old, the 8800GTX wasn't out when I got mine.

davidober said:

But it will still be a mere midrange machine in 6 months, muahahahaha. :D
Don't you just love PC hardware? :(

Nate_MachV said:
Uh, okay. Does that matter to me? No, because I upgrade regularly and who really gives a shit who's computer is better?

My computer is more then 6 months old, the 8800GTX wasn't out when I got mine.

Dude, I'm TOTALLY joking. Just havin' some fun with you. I know that in six months my PC will be only very good in stead of kickbutt.

Don't take offense -- none whatsoever was intended. :)

davidober said:
Dude, I'm TOTALLY joking. Just havin' some fun with you. I know that in six months my PC will be only very good in stead of kickbutt.

Don't take offense -- none whatsoever was intended. :)

No worries man, I'm defensive :D

I'm rather torn on which is better, Oblivion or Gothic 3.

Gothic 3 has the hand created landscapes with dug out cliffs and waterfalls... varying terrain and ground with rocks and rubble forests are cluttered with trees and branches making it hard to navigate through without getting lost. Towns are filled with people going about their jobs, slaving away, doing chores (sweeping, chopping wood), people are sitting by fires cooking meat and eating it... all completely "random".

Oblivion has a wee bit more polish and runs a bit better :eek:, plus with mods it has a bit of life (not as much...) people go about daily routines that are cookie cutter-esque.

A lot of people are turned off by the buggy nature of it, and it's a beotch to run. @ 1680x1050 I get 20fps in the outdoor (struggling, sometimes down to 15fps) and 35-40 max. This is with Max settings and 8x AF... haven't tried AA yet.

Gothic32006-12-0913-24-52-07.jpg

Gothic32006-12-0913-20-51-46.jpg

Gothic32006-12-0912-55-37-10.jpg

Gothic32006-12-0913-11-10-20.jpg

BTW these screenies were taken with cheats on... hence the similar bars :p

played some Gothic 3 myself as well, and it can kick the shit out of a good system, but i do like it's "looks" better then oblivion for outdoors, seems more "Real"

CodeX said:
So... why are you posting in this thread?

Because i was curious to see how good the games look from people's own PC's and not often crappy screenshots at low res from review sites, nice way to avoid my other responses since you have no arguments left.

MrGuvernment said:
Said it look like crap compared to what people have put out, but you explained that you didnt have your graphics card details cranked, and you were pointing out a mod, something i was not aware of, to me it looked like you were saying a console could not do those kind of graphics.

Misunderstanding, fine....

MrGunvernment said:
nice way to avoid my other responses since you have no arguments left.

I wasn't avoiding anything, I was done with this because of what you said above.

Nate_MachV said:
I'm rather torn on which is better, Oblivion or Gothic 3.

Gothic 3 has the hand created landscapes with dug out cliffs and waterfalls... varying terrain and ground with rocks and rubble forests are cluttered with trees and branches making it hard to navigate through without getting lost. Towns are filled with people going about their jobs, slaving away, doing chores (sweeping, chopping wood), people are sitting by fires cooking meat and eating it... all completely "random".

Oblivion has a wee bit more polish and runs a bit better :eek:, plus with mods it has a bit of life (not as much...) people go about daily routines that are cookie cutter-esque.

A lot of people are turned off by the buggy nature of it, and it's a beotch to run. @ 1680x1050 I get 20fps in the outdoor (struggling, sometimes down to 15fps) and 35-40 max. This is with Max settings and 8x AF... haven't tried AA yet.

Gothic32006-12-0913-24-52-07.jpg

Gothic32006-12-0913-20-51-46.jpg

Gothic32006-12-0912-55-37-10.jpg

Gothic32006-12-0913-11-10-20.jpg

BTW these screenies were taken with cheats on... hence the similar bars :p

THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL! *DROLLS*
:D

my thoughts exactly. Gothic has always been in the shadow of The Elder Scrolls, I don't know why though. All three games have blown my mind. They get bad reviews, yet they have a solid fan base, and they always go the extra mile.

Nate_MachV said:
my thoughts exactly. Gothic has always been in the shadow of The Elder Scrolls, I don't know why though. All three games have blown my mind. They get bad reviews, yet they have a solid fan base, and they always go the extra mile.

I think that it has to do with the slowdowns (Gothic 3), the bugs, and the combat which is bad! It is just a click fest!

Hmm, it seems we are playing a different game. I find combat to be fun and somewhat varied. There is different attacks by combinations of clicks, holding right click allows you to fence and circle your opponent.

The bugs haven't plagued me as of yet, I can play for hours with no crashes (unlike oblivion). Yeah, the game is unpolished, characters get stuck in walls and crap... but no deal breaking crashes on my end as of yet.

I've found that the lack of character creation has turned RPGers off. And honestly, yeah Gothic could do with a CharGen feature, the nameless hero (while integral to the story of the Gothic world) is quite plain, boring and I bet he's a carpenters dream in bed (dumb as a board, hard as nails). But, I like the story, sure it's fodder in the fantasy world, but they have stuck with it... and not added too many twists and turns. It's like a life time of this nameless hero and it's surprisingly deep and they have stuck with it. Unlike regular RPGs where you start a new char every game... this has some sort of drive and more background than simple backgrounds on ancient deceased races.

man i was really contemplating getting Gothic 3, im really hungering for a PC RPG but im worried it has too many problems....and is the story any good?

miskari said:
man i was really contemplating getting Gothic 3, im really hungering for a PC RPG but im worried it has too many problems....and is the story any good?

How good do you expect it to be? Like I said it's just your basic story with a million side stories. It has three different endings and the game can be played from a variety of different camps and switched around playing side against side.

The voice acting is better than previous games, but it's still not great. It does have more voices than oblivions six though. Don't expect any awards for the actors though.

Wikipedia on Gothic 3 said:
The third part opens with the Nameless Hero and his friends sailing to a new continent overrun with orcs, arriving in the Myrtana, the central region of the continent. Presumably this is the source of the orc invasion that was launched on Khorinis during the second chapter. These lands have no physical connection to Khorinis or the ruins of the penal colony. In these mountainous forests the orcs have enslaved the human kingdom with only a few free humans living in the nearly uninhabitable icy northlands of Nordmar and the southern desert of Varrant. The hero must decide whether to join the rebellion and stay true to the deposed human king, serve the Orcish usurpers in their quest to topple the last remaining human stronghold, or choose a path that serves his own ends.

And like I said before, I have not experienced a CTD since playing the game, the bugs I have encountered are simply unpolished tidbits that suprisingly don't affect you too much. Unlike Oblivion where I would constantly get CTD (luckily oblivion autosaves).

There is a patch out also, that addresses some of the bugs.

I mean, I picked it up for $25 at my local Futureshop, they wanted $50 at Staples :eek: How can you complain with that? :)

Here are some pics I took today with the tm trick someone posted earlier. There are 2 versions for each scene because I couldn't make up my mind on which one was better, so I decided to post both of them.
ScreenShot34.jpg

ScreenShot35.jpg

ScreenShot36.jpg

ScreenShot37.jpg

Shots I took today:

Its running on the computer in my sig with the Natural Environments and Illumination Within Mods.

Settings ingame is, 1440x900, every slider is a little over half, full background glory, shadows at about 80%, low filtering(sure I can do high, just dont feel like going back into it), HDR

Oblivion2006-12-1702-37-45-79.jpg

Oblivion2006-12-1702-35-57-37.jpg

Oblivion2006-12-1702-36-31-17.jpg

Oblivion2006-12-1702-36-40-35.jpg

Oblivion2006-12-1702-37-45-79.jpg

Oblivion2006-12-1702-38-12-71.jpg

Oblivion2006-12-1702-54-00-89.jpg

Oblivion2006-12-1702-40-20-68.jpg

Heh, it's my "Qarl's Texture Pack 3" which I haven't released yet. ;) Getting pretty close to a release now though. I've been updating my progress report HERE.

whoa, awesome to see the creator of such a highly recommended mod kickin' around our parts. Lookin' forward to the next release, maybe, just maybe it will make me put down Gothic 3 for a couple hours and pick my copy of Oblivion back up.

Lookin' forward to it.

Definitely nice looking stuff out there, which annoys me since I could never get those texture packs working for some reason. I'm sure I'll fire up Oblivion again someday and try again though.

Qarl said:

:drools:

Awesome work Qarl. It definately looks like an improvement over Texture Pack 2 (which I have installed right now). I didn't think it could get better......:eek:

Qarl said:
Heh, it's my "Qarl's Texture Pack 3" which I haven't released yet. ;) Getting pretty close to a release now though. I've been updating my progress report HERE.

Hey Qarl keep up the good work !
:D

Thanks guys! I'm pretty much trying to do all the textures I missed in the last pack, but I'm also touching up the ones from the last pack as well -especially the normal maps. I've gotten a lot better at normal maps since then. ;)

It's taking quite a while though since there are a couple THOUSAND textures I'm doing.

Qarl,

I was wondering if your texture packs work well on mid-line rigs, or are they geared toward the cutting edge/bleeding edge crowd? I've got an X700 that handles the game well, but I didn't DL your texture packs because I wasn't sure if it would handle it.

Also, I agree with what was said above- it's cool to see someone we recognize from the mod community kicking around here.

CreganTur said:
Qarl,

I was wondering if your texture packs work well on mid-line rigs, or are they geared toward the cutting edge/bleeding edge crowd? I've got an X700 that handles the game well, but I didn't DL your texture packs because I wasn't sure if it would handle it.

Also, I agree with what was said above- it's cool to see someone we recognize from the mod community kicking around here.

I'm not Qarl, but as far as I know, you need a card with at least 256 to not get any significant slow-down. I could be wrong though

Back