Post your Oblivion pics here!

pcfan10110

Limp Gawd
I just moved this thread from the Video card section.

Just a simple thread, post your Oblivion pics here if they are stupid, cool, unusual and just plain go right ahead!

well sir...hate to say but I've seen many of these threads in the gaming forum. ya might wanna check there as its relevant

pcfan10110 said:
I just moved this thread from the Video card section.
...no, you cross posted the same thread across more than one forum....not only is that bad manners, it's against the rules.

Please - one thread per topic, in the most appropriate forum.

where do I post my oblivion screenies? I already have em here..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/shakybonez/screen1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/shakybonez/screen2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/shakybonez/screen3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/shakybonez/screen4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/shakybonez/screen5.jpg

Try doing that on a Xbox360 or PS3!
I used the Better Oblivion page to find better quality graphical mods such as QARL's and the Parallax mapping, I've got a few mods running right now to enhance the game in either graphical or immersion. No extra content (yet) or god items (never)...

Graphical Settings are as of now: Slider bars all to full, 1600x900 (Widescreen), HDR with no AA, shadows on full but no tree canopy shadows or shadows falling on grass (huge, huge fps drop with these enabled) but forced AF (since Oblivion doesn't have the option) in my Nvidia control panel. I get about 35-40fps in the great forest and 80-100fps in the cities and 100+ in dungeons.

Some mods I use are Natural Environments 2.1 (Weather HDR w/darker nights, Vegetation 200%, Water and Habitat), better tiling on distant textures, LOD Replacement (borders and distance, removes low res blurry textures in the background), Natural Faces, All shapes and Sizes, brighter torches, colored map, Cities Alive at Night, better wine and beer bottle textures, Illumination Inside/Outside. And I'm still looking around for more

pr0pensity said:
People still play that game?

Man I dont understand you people. Oblivion is the best RPG out today, in many peoples opinion (ohhh iv got a new one, IMPO, lol). Theres a whole lot more to that game then just beating one player.

I dont really know much about the RPG craze, but I still play CS 1.6 like mad. Best FPS out there imho (and iv played pretty much all of em, name one ill give you a review lol). Soo many subtlties. The CPL still gives away several millions of dollars worth of prizes annually.

My point is just because a games old doesnt mean its no good.

Who said it is old, just alot of people dont like it, the opinion that "you" think it is the best out there is just that, your "opinion" and just as many people have the "opinion" thatit is FAR from the best out there.

i dont think cs 1.6 is the best FPS, that is my opinion so your reviews would mean nothing as they are based on your own preferences.

Oblivion was a very good game that could have been a great game. It's lots of fun, but it gets old after a while and there are some problems that detract from the game as a whole (the console-ish interface, not being recognized by everyone when you get to the head of something, like the mages guild, etc). Believe me, I played the hell out of the game, twice through, close to 100 hours each time, but each time I was dissatisfied when I stopped playing because it finally just got boring. If they'd done a few things differently I think it would have been a much better game... ;)

Hmmm, I took this one, found it to be a very nice shot at the time :)
(Everything max, no AA)

Here

Oblivion was a very good game that could have been a great game. It's lots of fun, but it gets old after a while and there are some problems that detract from the game as a whole (the console-ish interface, not being recognized by everyone when you get to the head of something, like the mages guild, etc). Believe me, I played the hell out of the game, twice through, close to 100 hours each time, but each time I was dissatisfied when I stopped playing because it finally just got boring. If they'd done a few things differently I think it would have been a much better game...

Well, you can get mods to change the interface to a much better PC oriented one. It does suck not being recognized, but hey, they never said a damn thing in Morrowind, so I think its a big step forward. Perhaps the next Elder Scrolls game will learn from the mistakes in Oblivion, and make it far better out of the box. I don't like the fact that I have to have mods to make look and feel the way it should.

Holy jaggies in your pics!! (and that aint jpeg compression) a 360 or ps3 could easily do those graphics.

MrGuvernment said:
Holy jaggies in your pics!! (and that aint jpeg compression) a 360 or ps3 could easily do those graphics.

I think he's talking bout the sexy girl mod, not the graphics. link! :D

MrGuvernment said:
What are you talking about? Have you even played the game? With HDR enabled you cannot enable AA... and it is only 1280x1024... I could have bumped it higher but thats the res I play at, I prefer smooth motion over high res.:rolleyes:
*EDIT* did you click each pic twice? first click on the thumbnail and then imagevenue will open it shrunk, you have to click again for full size. And yeah, I wasn't talking about the graphics :rolleyes:

CodeX said:
What are you talking about? Have you even played the game? With HDR enabled you cannot enable AA... and it is only 1280x1024...

LIES! :eek: :p ATI cards can enable AA + HDR

FighterAce124 said:
I don't like the fact that I have to have mods to make look and feel the way it should.

wtburnette said:

"the way it should" is subjective. You honestly don't like the fact that this game has infinite mod possibilities? You think the goth lingerie that my character is wearing should have been included in the original game along every other thing you can get with mods? First of all, that's impossible. Second, not everyone would want all of that. I really don't see what there is to complain about (except that 360/PS3 users are stuck with no mods) :rolleyes:

CodeX said:
"the way it should" is subjective. You honestly don't like the fact that this game has infinite mod possibilities? You think the goth lingerie that my character is wearing should have been included in the original game along every other thing you can get with mods? First of all, that's impossible. Second, not everyone would want all of that. I really don't see what there is to complain about (except that 360/PS3 users are stuck with no mods) :rolleyes:
On a completely unrelated note, that rolleyes face is SO fucking annoying.
/end derail
/exit

CodeX said:

You assume I mean everything should be included already. Thats not true, I say that certain features need to be there from the start. Such as a half decent UI for the PC.

Wow, two pages of "Post your Oblivion pics here!" and all we have are five picture links from one person and six thumbnails from another. :(

CodeX said:

Not at all, the possibilities for mods is one of the reasons I bought Oblivion. I was hoping for something a little less "console" looking though. I realize they developed it cross platform, but it would have been nice to have been able to have a better interface on the PC.

Links to pics are worthless to most people, learn how to post thumbnails

Nate_MachV said:
Not without Chucks patch you can't, and it's still buggy and not "supported".

Negatory. Built into Catalyst 6.10 and up, fully supported - no patch needed.

CodeX said:
What are you talking about? Have you even played the game? With HDR enabled you cannot enable AA... and it is only 1280x1024... I could have bumped it higher but thats the res I play at, I prefer smooth motion over high res.:rolleyes:
*EDIT* did you click each pic twice? first click on the thumbnail and then imagevenue will open it shrunk, you have to click again for full size. And yeah, I wasn't talking about the graphics :rolleyes:

Yes i did click them a second time and they still have jaggies, so dont :rolleyes: me because you think something has kick ass graphics and to me it looks like crap and something a console could pop out easily

MrGuvernment said:
Yes i did click them a second time and they still have jaggies, so dont :rolleyes: me because you think something has kick ass graphics and to me it looks like crap and something a console could pop out easily

I think there's some console called a xboy 300 or something that has this oblivion game

CodeX said:
Links to pics are worthless to most people, learn how to post thumbnails

Why are links worthless? it is no diff then your thumbnail which you have to click a link anyways to get to the image, lose the attitude and learn how to stop acting like a 1337 ass.

MrGuvernment said:
Yes i did click them a second time and they still have jaggies
They didn't look unusually hot to me either. I also had some jagged edges. Really nice scenery and stuff though.

MrGuvernment said:

How many times do I have to say it, I wasn't talking about the graphics. If you think all there is to games is graphics I feel sorry for you. However, if you do want to compare console graphics to PC graphics we could start another thread for it... but no one would be so stupid to say that consoles games look better than PC games... or would they?

MrGuvernment said:
Why are links worthless? it is no diff then your thumbnail which you have to click a link anyways to get to the image, lose the attitude and learn how to stop acting like a 1337 ass.

Because, who wants to click on a bunch of text links with no idea what they are going to get? At least with thumbnails you can see if you really care enough to click on them. I never click text links to screenshots, I am sure a lot of people are the same way.

CodeX said:
Because, who wants to click on a bunch of text links with no idea what they are going to get? At least with thumbnails you can see if you really care enough to click on them. I never click text links to screenshots, I am sure a lot of people are the same way.
Don't click on them then. People argue about the most stupid shit.

CodeX said:

You sound like an ass. :)

FoxhoundOp said:
Don't click on them then. People argue about the most stupid shit.
I wasn't arguing, I was stating an opinion that I am sure a lot of people share, and some helpful advice to you perhaps.

FighterAce124 said:
You sound like an ass.
At least I was being constructive.

Honestly, no one wants a thread full of text links to images, just post the image or a thumbnail, it looks a lot better and saves people a lot of time.

As for being on topic I'm the only one that has contributed anything worthwhile to this thread (I am also the one that derailed it, so I guess it was a wash). Anyway, how many Oblivion screenshot threads have we had? a hundred?

IBTL.

Back