Post your Mouse and Keyboard pics

planary.jpg
Hangul eh? Intersting space bar.

Sorry for the horrible grainy iPhone pics.

Logitech G510 and Logitech G9x for home.

Razer Black Widow Ultimate and Razer Orochi for work.

Grey looks nicer IMO. It brings out more the contrast with your modifier keys.
I'm in agreement with you. Thanks :)

COOL what kind of keyboard is that.

Thank You! It's a KBC Poker (modified by WhiteFireDragon from Geekhack) w/ Ergo Clears, Gold 62g Korean springs, Pink Switch Stickers, WASD + Poker's original 11 LEDs (Magenta), w/ Beast Stainless Steel Plate, in an LZ PlanaT Star (PlanaT*) Hard anodized Aluminum case (Color Titanium), w/ Gray Thick PMT Imsto caps, GMK CMYK mods, & a Milk Blue Click Clack MX Skull. I lubed the switches myself using Victorinox oil on the springs and a Krytox 103/205 Blend for the stems/sliders :D

Thank You! It's a KBC Poker (modified by WhiteFireDragon from Geekhack) w/ Ergo Clears, Gold 62g Korean springs, Pink Switch Stickers, WASD + Poker's original 11 LEDs (Magenta), w/ Beast Stainless Steel Plate, in an LZ PlanaT Star (PlanaT*) Hard anodized Aluminum case (Color Titanium), w/ Gray Thick PMT Imsto caps, GMK CMYK mods, & a Milk Blue Click Clack MX Skull. I lubed the switches myself using Victorinox oil on the springs and a Krytox 103/205 Blend for the stems/sliders :D

holy crap. guess im not getting this keyboard anytime soon

I dont know you but I don't like you now! After seeing your keyboard I joined Geekhack. They had some unpaid orders for the GH60. So naturally I had to pick up one order which happened to have two keyboards. It isn't cheap to start this "addiction"! Thus my dislike of what you started. Now can I pick on you in PM's and ask you questions? By the way, very nice job on the keyboard!

I dont know you but I don't like you now! After seeing your keyboard I joined Geekhack. They had some unpaid orders for the GH60. So naturally I had to pick up one order which happened to have two keyboards. It isn't cheap to start this "addiction"! Thus my dislike of what you started. Now can I pick on you in PM's and ask you questions? By the way, very nice job on the keyboard!

TLDR: i hate you, can we be friends? :p

I'm using a Logitech G700s on a Corsair MM400 mouse mat and a modified Corsair K95 Keyboard. I swapped the main keycaps with the rubbery keycaps from the K90 because they feel a lot nicer than the pure plastic.

keyboardandmouse1.jpg

keyboardandmouse2.jpg

Are those Ducky switches of did you use something else?

The grey caps and single yellow cap are from the Ducky Shine II replacement set ordered from mechanicalkeyboards, the red caps are from WASD, and the skull and crossbones I took from my Deck.

j3t3.jpg

Recently bought this kbt pure with mx browns and zowie ec2 evo.

Was looking for a click clack skull keycap to fit the color scheme and was surprised at what they are worth now.

Picked up a Kinesis this week. Still getting used to it.

Those keys don't glow green, it's the PCB. :p

one my old software professors had a kb like that... he would lay down in something that looked like a chiropractic chair, display right in front of his face (face down / display up) and write code with that thing..

I was like "whoa, this guy's [H]ard-core". ;) (granted, this was like 1995)

PS: arg.. this thread.. I picked up a monoprice backlit red on ebay and a corsair M40 mouse... first mechanical gaming kb for me.. going all red on the periphs. Oh and a goliath mouse / kb mat.. the biggun. I guess I'm goin' green and red.

edit: monoprice kb for 65 shipped on ebay but F2 key led is dead.. but kb looks new aside from that. M40 mouse, monoprice kb, g13.. yes, groan. I still use my G13... I love the lcd for monitoring my gpu temps and clocks.
IMG_0750_zps7e4f8501.jpg

gaming-periphs_zps7e3c92f1.jpg

Last edited:
My Ducky Shine 3 with MX browns just arrived today. Thinking about getting some different keycaps.

428jo

My Ducky Shine 3 with MX browns just arrived today. Thinking about getting some different keycaps.

I'm about to order one of these and was wondering what made you choose MX browns?
I'm having a really difficult time deciding. It will be used for %95 gaming. I've read the differences but would just like some direct input before I purchase.
Thanks

WASD Keyboard V2 (Brown Switches)

Hey man could you take a picture or tell me if you take a flashlight and put it behind one of the key caps, will the laser etching become more apparent (highlighted)? Thank man!

I'm about to order one of these and was wondering what made you choose MX browns?
I'm having a really difficult time deciding. It will be used for %95 gaming. I've read the differences but would just like some direct input before I purchase.
Thanks

I went from a Filco Majestouch 1 with browns to this. I actually went in blind with the Filco, never typed on a mechanical switch (except a Model M when I was a wee lad) and went by descriptions of the switches. Browns are a great mid-ground for both typing and gaming, since you can feel switch activate with a fair amount of resistance, I find it quite pleasurable. It allows me to press with a certain amount of force without having to be heavy handed, but still feeling like I can throw my hands all over the keyboard without accidentally hitting a bazillion keys on accident (I use a non-traditional typing method - almost hybrid).

However, since you will be mostly gaming, I would recommend looking into Cherry Blacks or even Reds. The best thing that you can do is find a brick and mortar store near you, if that is an option, and try out and different switched models they may have. You don't quite realize how intimate a keyboard is until you're using the completely wrong one.

Picked up a Kinesis this week. Still getting used to it.

Those keys don't glow green, it's the PCB. :p

I have the same keyboard/mouse combination. Took me about a week to fully transition from an MS 4000 Natural keyboard to the Kinesis for normal typing. Becoming fully fluid with cursor and editing functions for my coding was about another two weeks.

The Kinesis is much nicer to type on, the key legends don't wear off after 3 months, and my typing speed has improved about 20 WPM to a solid 120.

I just got another Kinesis in, along with an array of alternate key-caps (from a variety of sources) to start a backlighting modification project; I'll probably offer that as a complete kit once I get it finished up.

Hey man could you take a picture or tell me if you take a flashlight and put it behind one of the key caps, will the laser etching become more apparent (highlighted)? Thank man!

Tried, it definitely does not. The etching is very shallow and the plastic is thick. What ends up happening is the part of the keycap which connects to the switch ends up showing through the key, but not the etching.

I went from a Filco Majestouch 1 with browns to this. I actually went in blind with the Filco, never typed on a mechanical switch (except a Model M when I was a wee lad) and went by descriptions of the switches. Browns are a great mid-ground for both typing and gaming, since you can feel switch activate with a fair amount of resistance, I find it quite pleasurable. It allows me to press with a certain amount of force without having to be heavy handed, but still feeling like I can throw my hands all over the keyboard without accidentally hitting a bazillion keys on accident (I use a non-traditional typing method - almost hybrid).

However, since you will be mostly gaming, I would recommend looking into Cherry Blacks or even Reds. The best thing that you can do is find a brick and mortar store near you, if that is an option, and try out and different switched models they may have. You don't quite realize how intimate a keyboard is until you're using the completely wrong one.

Thanks for the input, I was thinking of going with reds but I will take your advice and check some out irl. Thanks again

Thanks for the input, I was thinking of going with reds but I will take your advice and check some out irl. Thanks again

I have keyboards with all of the common Cherry switches and like them all for various reasons. Well, I don't really care for blacks, but other than that...

I primarily used blues and browns when the reds weren't really around, but after they started becoming freely available I bought a couple of boards with reds and used those for a while. I really like them, but I stumbled upon a Ducky Shine 2 with browns and I've been using it ever since. I'm not sure I've decided that I like browns better than reds, as they are both great, but browns do work exceptionally well for both gaming and general use. I'm not sure which I prefer for typing (between browns and reds, anyway...blues would probably take the cake there) but the thing I do like about the browns is that their tactile actuation point lets me pre-stage key presses so that I know exactly when an action will take place. With reds, the entire keystroke is linear so it's more of a guessing game as to when they're going to actuate and it's harder to be pinpoint accurate with them. That's generally not a problem, but the tactile actuation of browns can be an advantage in certain situations IMO. Plus they require just a bit more force than reds, so accidental keypresses (which seem to be the main complaint people have about reds) are reduced.

been using my Rosewill 90000 for a few weeks instead of my WASD V1 the Rosewill is MX-Red with dampers installed.

mouse is Logitech G500

oh but first here is my awesome Cat Fitz totally getting in the way while I try to play CS:GO

gm81.jpg

x8qw.jpg

Back