Post your Mouse and Keyboard pics

how long did you have the Lycosis for before you started noticing key wear?

they started wearing after about 4 months on the ASD keys.. ive been using the keyboard for a little over a year now.. but even more keys are blank i just need to take another picture.. now i can see the blue LED's showing through the space bar as well..

but so far this is the list of completely unreadable keys..

w o p a s d f g l x c v b n m > right shift return(enter key) left alt..

I have many mice, including the G9x, Kone, etc... but I am loving the Sidewinder x8 right now.
keyboardthewayIlike.jpg

I have too many keyboards.

My current setup: Topre Realforce 87U + Razer Naga and a Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2 + G9
img0315j.jpg

Dad's setup: Compaq MX-11800 + G9
img0316ew.jpg

The spares, backups, rotation, collection keyboards:
Topre: Realforce 101
Cherry Blue: Filco FKBN87MC/EB
Cherry Black: K-202 numerical keypad
Alps Black: AT101W, ABS M1
Alps White: Focus FK-2001
Buckling Springs: Model M 1391401, Lexmark Model M 82G2383, Model M2
Buckling Sleeves: Unicomp Model M4
Futaba: Sejin EAT-1010
img0317rx.jpg

...and that's not my entire collection.

I see you like Cherry Keyboards (IBM oldies), yet I used to hate them cause of the noise they make. Surprisingly, or ironically in my case - most like those keyboards cause of that noise, some even made a busyness reviving that old technology - which is pretty useless as far as I'm concern. But since it's a reminder of their youth days, it's normal to love it still. Who knows, some might even consider reviving Commodore 64 - yet some say they did that whit the Laptop/Notebook. :D

I see you like Cherry Keyboards (IBM oldies), yet I used to hate them cause of the noise they make. Surprisingly, or ironically in my case - most like those keyboards cause of that noise, some even made a busyness reviving that old technology - which is pretty useless as far as I'm concern.

Or they are actually better to type on. :/

I first (grudgingly) learned to type on a type writer. Then from there on to computer keyboards. Today I use a membrane keyboard. Must be this keyboard because I used to be able to type a lot better than I do today.

The other day I ordered a Cherry Blue. Enough of these shit boards.

Here is my G13, G15, MX1000, and a Nostromo N52 in the background.
g15-g13.jpg

I see you like Cherry Keyboards (IBM oldies), yet I used to hate them cause of the noise they make. Surprisingly, or ironically in my case - most like those keyboards cause of that noise, some even made a busyness reviving that old technology - which is pretty useless as far as I'm concern. But since it's a reminder of their youth days, it's normal to love it still. Who knows, some might even consider reviving Commodore 64 - yet some say they did that whit the Laptop/Notebook. :D

I don't really care about the noise, but the boards I normally use are actually quieter than the membrane boards they replaced. It's the feel and function that matters.

I don't really care about the noise, but the boards I normally use are actually quieter than the membrane boards they replaced. It's the feel and function that matters.

That's true but, not as silent as those with scissor-switch (similar with the ones from notebooks). ;)

sayu, damn you and your hhkb with black keys on white board. I want the opposite of that :p

Can't really justify the cost right now since I already have the filco..

Here's the new Filco Tenkeyless that I ordered from EliteKeyboards.com. Great service excellent packaging. The box is plain cardboard with a classy silver leaf Filco printed on the top right corner.

Before even lifting the board out of the box, I popped the red escape key on. Can't bring myself to add the blue WSAD keys though. But I have them. Got the blue cherry's. Very solid keyboard with a substantial feeling of weight. Quality oozes from it.

Next on my list? New mousepad. :D

When the HHKB Pro's are back in stock, I'll be snagging one. Damn you sayu!!!!

Hmmm...maybe I should have dusted a bit before snapping that pic. :p

img05941024x768.jpg

Deck Legend Frost Tactile
Logitech G9
Ratpadz XT
Crappy Cell Phone Camera

2010-05-14%2010.58.53.jpg

Using TypeMatrix Dvorak Keyboard, Logitech G9 Mouse, and Ratpadz XT Mouse Pad.

Using this setup at work and at home.

IMG_9571.jpg

Filco tenkeyless with Cherry MX Brown switches.

Mouse is a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical on a Puretrak Talent pad, no pics of it though.

I just picked up my new old keyboard from a yard sale for $4. I love this keyboard it sounds so nice and I think it looks great. I love the old look of it. Plus it is built like a tank and the tops of the keys come off for cleaning. I recently cleaned it and was surprised at how little crumbs were inside it. It makes a nice clicking noise when I type. It is loud ha ha. the sticker says it was manufactured in 1988.

65bmt1.jpg

10nepuc.jpg

9h5fkm.jpg

732kag.jpg

^^ Talk about a time warp. You don't see "Made in the USA" on many labels, anymore.

Nice find!

CST Lasertrac, CH Products DT225 Trackballs and a Topre RealForce 87U. The Griffin Powermate is for volume control but the IBM Selectric ball gives it a Retro look.
attachment.php

Sweet setup Ripster.

Picked up the Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 Legends Edition after coming across it at Best Buy. The included mouse feet SUCKED, which surprised me because I think they're teflon. Replaced them with Hyperglides and all is good.

IMG_1007.jpg

Last edited:
New keyboard from SIIG. It's a slim, aluminum model with laptop style keys. Very similar to the Enermax Aurora series, but feels more solid. I really like the minimalist design. Also, this is the first keyboard I've used that has built-in USB 2.0 ports which can fully power a mouse. Got it from Buy.com for $50. :D

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

New keyboard from SIIG. It's a slim, aluminum model with laptop style keys. Very similar to the Enermax Aurora series, but feels more solid. I really like the minimalist design. Also, this is the first keyboard I've used that has built-in USB 2.0 ports which can fully power a mouse. Got it from Buy.com for $50. :D

Thanks for telling me about that one, pal. And I thought we were friends. :rolleyes:

j/k, that looks nice and the key layout is (thankfully!) standard. No L-shaped enter key, small backspace key, or any of that funny business that was common to some of the Enermax and SteelSeries keyboards.

Is it this one? If so, how did you get it for $50?

Product page says 5-year warranty - nice. I'm seeing 1-2 years on their other ones.

I never even knew Siig made keyboards. Now when someone asks for an inexpensive low-profile keyboard with multimedia keys, I'll have to remember to recommend this.

Yeah, that's the same one. I must have found it during a sale. I ruined my Enermax micro by dumping a can of Cherry Coke on it a few weeks ago. I couldn't find another one in stock anywhere. I like this SIIG board a lot better.

Last edited:
Deck Legend Ice ps2 Linear...my 1st personal mechanical kb and I'm loving these cherry black switches. Now if only the R.A.T. 9 would drop so my preorder can get here.

deck.jpg

I always hated the LCD Clock applet that came on the G19. :(

Agreed. Thats why I opted for the New G510. Similar LCD to the G15v2 but with more G keys than even the 19 and the custom backlit color options. =)

OK, I could possibly do without a numpad at home, but arrow keys? No way! The only way I'll be experiencing Topre switches is with my Realforce 103UB. If I need a smaller keyboard, the Filco Tenkeyless is as compact as I'm willing to go.

Those HHKBs do look neat, though. :cool:

The HHKB does have arrow keys and IMO they're more convenient since you don't have to leave home row to use them.

Back