Post your Mouse and Keyboard pics

Lomogram_2013-02-02_12-01-37-PM1_zps5b0eb5ab.jpg

Lomogram_2013-02-02_11-59-52-AM1_zps042441a2.jpg

My Ducky Shine II (Cherry MX Red) came today! Customized the caps a bit too! I love this thing! :p Pictured with my Steelseries Sensei mouse.

P1010168.jpg

P1010174.jpg

Last edited:
Deck Legend (MX Blacks), Razer Black Widow Ultimate (MX Blues), Ducky Shine II TKL (MX Reds)

P1010185.jpg

Very colorful! Which board do you like best? I've got a Ducky Shine MX Red with yellow backlighting on order.

Very colorful! Which board do you like best? I've got a Ducky Shine MX Red with yellow backlighting on order.

They are all nice boards, and I have only received the Ducky today, but I can already tell the red switches are *perfect* for me after installing the o-rings on them. Nice linear action, very similar to the Deck but easier on the fingers. I was worried the keys would be too light, but that's not the case. I am also just in love with the tenkeyless design. My Deck is 2 years old and a great board, I am sending it in for a needed repair/refurbish.

I am inclined at this point to think the Ducky will replace the Deck as my main board. However, I really think the O-rings are playing a role in how nice the keys feel. I will install the rings on the Deck when it's fixed to see how that changes things.

The Razer is nice, good looking board and has macros, but the MX Blues just aren't clicking with me. I am primarily a gamer on my home rig and don't do a ton of typing, and have noticed they just aren't as well suited for fast tapping. Also, the keys themselves feel a bit "wobbly", not as sturdy as the other two. I will be returning this board to Best Buy.

Ducky after I finished modding her (for now!) :

P1010194.jpg

P1010195.jpg

That's some serious modding on your new Ducky!

I bought my Ducky board for gaming, mostly. I actually type better on scissor-switch/laptop style boards. I definitely prefer MX Reds over all others. MX Blacks, like those on your Deck, are way too stiff for me.

The blacks do indeed require more force, that much I could tell instantly. The thing I like about them is I can very comfortably rest my fingers on them and they don't depress at all. Not the case with the reds/blues. While it is not a deal breaker for me, the reds do depress ever so slightly if I completely relax my fingers on them.

However, this effect is not as noticeable as I thought it might be. At this point I believe the positives of the reds will outweigh that one slight negative.

You will love your Ducky I promise! Props on the yellow LEDs, it was a tough call for me between the yellow and red.

New keyboard: Ducky Shine MX Red with yellow backlighting.

nytdw9.jpg

EDIT: It's going back. I'm going to get one with blue switches, instead. I want white backlighting, too. Yellow is nice, but white is where it's at for me.

Last edited:

I want that. What kind of switches?

I bought a Ducky with blue backlighting a few weeks ago because I lacked a backlit mechanical board and haven't owned anything from Ducky thus far. Haven't even plugged it up yet. :eek:

Love that white backlighting though...may have to get one eventually.

nHLXzdH.jpg

Filco majestouch 2 Tenkeyless keyboard (Cherry MX brown switches)

Zowie AM Mouse with Steelseries Qck Heavy mousepad

Sennheiser HD518 headphones with Zalman clip-on microphone

Razer Armadillo 2 for cable management.

Sorry for the horrible picture quality. My phone cant focus and takes blurred pictures in dark rooms.

Last edited:
Love those keyboards DukeNukem and Grim Fandango.Gamingarena23, that's a seriously cool keyboard/mouse combo. I like!

1he839.jpg

o73tsk.jpg

4grrmd.jpg

2h872tu.jpg

2zsmtzc.jpg

Brown Switches with 50A-R O-rings. Space bar has a red switch because I'm weird.

Last edited:
20130304_184652.jpg

Logitech G500. The frictionless scrolling wheel is godly, and I got it for $25 off Amazon.

The X-Trac pad was too big for my desk space, so I replaced it with a Razer Goliathus Extended pad. I'd prefer it in all black without that green splattered design, but it's the perfect size for my desk. Keyboard: SIIG Aluminum. Mouse: Corsair M65.

jjxkp5.jpg

My Ducky Shine II (Cherry MX Red) came today! Customized the caps a bit too! I love this thing! :p Pictured with my Steelseries Sensei mouse.

P1010168.jpg

P1010174.jpg
What's your opinion on the Steelseries Sensei? I'm thinking about getting one to replace my G700 in the near future.

You didn't ask me, but it's honestly horrible.
The sensor is not good at all.
Check out Zowie AM / FK instead, pretty similar shape but much, much better sensor.
From what I read the Avago 9800 can be a bit picky in regards to what surface you use it on; while it should not be necessary, if I do my research properly and make sure I use the right mouse pad there should not be any problems in that regard. Unless there are other issues?

I like the shape of the Zowie —the reason I want the Sensei is for the Explorer Mouse shape— but on their website I saw the finish is rubberized which I tend to avoid...

I have too many keyboards.

My current setup: Topre Realforce 87U + Razer Naga and a Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2 + G9
img0315j.jpg

Dad's setup: Compaq MX-11800 + G9
img0316ew.jpg

The spares, backups, rotation, collection keyboards:
Topre: Realforce 101
Cherry Blue: Filco FKBN87MC/EB
Cherry Black: K-202 numerical keypad
Alps Black: AT101W, ABS M1
Alps White: Focus FK-2001
Buckling Springs: Model M 1391401, Lexmark Model M 82G2383, Model M2
Buckling Sleeves: Unicomp Model M4
Futaba: Sejin EAT-1010
img0317rx.jpg

...and that's not my entire collection.

wow, really cool, you have so many kinds of keyboards.:D

It's a hit and miss regardless of what surface you use, really.
I had a lot of tracking problems using a QcK+, never tried anything else.
I also hated the surface on the mouse, got very sticky and disgusting.

The zowie mice I mentioned in previous post is very similar in shape to the Sensei:
91962762_dsc00430copy.jpeg

As you can see the Zowie AM is just a tad bit narrower.

*Also worth mentioning that Zowie mice are driver less, just plug and play.
I had a bunch of trouble with Steelseries engine, pretty much every other time I changed anything I had to reinstall to get it working again.
You got me interested with your last sentence. The other reason I would like a Sensei is because you can hard program it — I prefer to use mice that are driverless or at least allow you to save the settings on-board so you can remove the drivers like with the G700. If the Zowie is plug and play then that's nice. I'm still reticent regarding the rubber finish though. They tend to get dirty and wear prematurely...

uY5EoHsl.jpg

Currently using

Filco TKL blues with g9x

Not pictured:
Das Keyboard Silent S Mx browns
FIlco Majestouch Full size Mx Browns.

It's a KBC Poker!! There's actually a group buy going on over at GeekHack for the GH60 - http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41464.0

It's the same size, but it's fully programmable (open source) and allows for many layouts.

Failing that, there's some KBT Pures with a variety of switch types in stock over at mechanicalkeyboards.com

Very similar board (I'm currently using a KBT Pure Limited edition with o-ring mod and red switches... Very nice :D)

Nothing special:

Dell Quietkey (Made in Thailand RT7D5JTW, one of the best rubber domes ever made) and a cheap basic Microsoft optical mouse.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
qfrsg1.jpg

qfrsg3.jpg

Quick Fire Stealth with Greens and my good old G5. I am extremely pleased with the keyboard. I still use my Quick Fire Rapid with Blues on my laptop. The Greens are definitely more pleasant for typing though. Just, really, really nice. And the mouse has served me for, what, 6 years? Also, you can just barely make out my Intuos 4. I really need to keep practicing with that.

Decided to pull the trigger on a silver K70 and am very glad I did. This thing is beautiful, very solid/heavy and fun to use now that I figured out how you're supposed to type on a mech board.

For the longest time, I always pressed each key all the way down to the frame. This made it very difficult to move my fingers quickly/accurately across any mech board. I read up on how others type and it was pretty clear that you really only need to tap each key lightly to get it to work. No more heavy handed typing has made all the difference for me.

Anyway, no one wants to read about my little typing revelation, so on to the pics...

eq7d5i.jpg

bj7egz.jpg

4rqgeh.jpg

Back