Post your Macro Shots!

SDMorris

Gawd
I havent seen a thread for this at all, and kinda have wondered why! Macros are my favorite kind of pictures to take, for those of you that dont know, Macro shots are taken from a very short distance, and are supposed to be very detailed.The macro option should be displayed on your camera as a little tulip looking thing. Give it a shot, and for you professionals, lets see your pictures. Does NOT have to be computer related! Lets try not to get to off path though.

I'll start.

IMG_0533.jpg

an OLD pic... my 9700Pro on an MSI K7N2-L mobo (great mobo that was)..
9700f2-small.jpg

this is more recent, but still several builds ago.. 6800GT SLI on an MSI K8N neo4 plat..
6800GT-sli.jpg

I think these were all taken with a DSC-E55 7.2 MP 3x zoom, others with an older canon

Not all of these qualify as macro i dont think but ill share anyways!

Computer022.jpg

DSC00520.jpg

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

SubaruSTi007.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

Computer009.jpg

Heres a picture I took today for my friend, sorry its not computer stuff. (Its a joke, I posted on myspace saying this is what I made in one night of man-whoring!)
IMG_0592.jpg

lol, it's not mine. It is a wafer, I got a lot of these kinda pics. Send me a pm and I'll email them to you. They are all really high res too, > 3000 pixels

I bought my grandmother one of those for christmas so she can browse the internet in bed. Shes actually pretty good with computers, she runs an online business.

Some of my favorites

NEW002.jpg

MDVAsoft.jpg

fanLights.jpg

closeCall.jpg

(Christ that last one still makes me cringe... About 2mm from making a 300$ case worthless)

on my shitty 5.1Mp, some turn out good, and others look like crap... need to experiment.

24pinclose.jpg

bling.jpg

nbandram.jpg

detail.jpg

fanheader.jpg

S5002097.jpg

...I'd really like a new camera...

Merry Christmas to me!!! (I really need a tripod, I cant hold a camera steady for my life.)

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

great thread. i was something of a photographer back in HS. i've never posted pics of my rig because 1) i'm lazy and 2) it's nothing special. but perhaps i'll pull out my old canon AE-1 and zoom/macro lens. maybe get some close-up shots of some dust :p

@Flowtek - Flippin sweet pictures man.

@Dystopic - thanks, I thought it would be a cool idea for a thread. You definitely should post you rig in here!

@Flowtek - Flippin sweet pictures man.

Thx man, what a great thread, got thousands of pic like this.. never heard or found this kinda thread, awsome ;)

shot wit my cybershot DSC-W80, no software effect, just convert to grayscale for the first three :p

flo

Updated post. Pictures dont need to be computer related, but try not to get too out of hand with non-related stuff.

not computer related but here is my try i just got my first dslr

ftw

My daily is a 95 850 Turbo, with an extensive list of mods. :D

More Macro shots, with me crap camera (Samsung 5.1Mp).

GTX260.jpg

hr05-1.jpg

ram.jpg

true.jpg

Next big purchase will definately be a new camera... but I'm going to have to wait a while. I've got about ten different 35mm lenses for my og Pentax cameras (film), and the least expensive Pentax I've seen was ~$900.:(

I think I'm losing some quality in my resize/conversion process. Anyone care to give some tips? Currently resizing in paint and saving as .jpeg

*snip*
I think I'm losing some quality in my resize/conversion process. Anyone care to give some tips? Currently resizing in paint and saving as .jpeg

Paint DESTROYS quality of anything. I upload to photobucket, then re-size it on there, doesnt seem to lose any quality, actually seems to make it a little better once in a while.

Back