Post your HeadPhones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is putting me in a dilemma. I absolutely love my Devilsound DAC and Swan M200MKII combo, and I feel like if I get into headphones I will never listen to my speakers anymore....

Bah!

This thread is putting me in a dilemma. I absolutely love my Devilsound DAC and Swan M200MKII combo, and I feel like if I get into headphones I will never listen to my speakers anymore....

Bah!
Lol had the exact opposite happen to me. Got into speakers and hardly touched my headphones after that. :p

Just bought the v3 of the Sharkoon X-tatic analogue headphones.

tried them on dead-space with an asus xonar.

the 5.1 effect is awesome, and they sound pretty good in music playback too.

Just got my first nice set of headphones.

Sennheiser HD595s, going through my X-Fi XtremeGamer. I love them so far!

Should I get an amp with this sound card?

"The low 50-ohm impedance rating of the HD595 make it a usable choice for most portable audio players and computer-based listening applications but keep in mind it's overall audio performance will definitely improve VERY significantly when mated with any quality dedicated headphone amp."

Head Amp

Amp that bad boy

For hd595s, they're fine without them. If you had 650s OTOH you'd be getting bloody murder for just asking.

I'm with skyline, after finally getting my first real dac/amp and pairing it up with hd650s, I picked up a set of audioengine 5s, and well the rest is history. The funny thing is that my audioengines aren't even really high end bookshelves at all. Imagine if I had the swan D2.1SE ...

My HD650s, they are hooked up to an iBasso D2 amp:

senhd650small2.jpg

senhd650small3.jpg

I have 12 headphones now

Let's see, I'm up to:

Sony V6
Beyerdynamic DT770 Consumer 2005 (250 ohm)
Grado SR-60
Stax SR-303

Plus:

JVC FX33
Head-Direct RE1

Plus a couple headsets that came bundled with crap and some torn-up circums by JVC or whoever that I've been slowly gutting for parts (foam for JVC FX 33, plug for a random circuitry project, etc). Also some bundled Zune & iPod buds, and a couple pairs of dollar-store buds I was using on a throw-away basis.

We should really post more pics...and by we, I mean you. :D

Let's see, I'm up to:

Sony V6
Beyerdynamic DT770 Consumer 2005 (250 ohm)
Grado SR-60
Stax SR-303

Plus:

JVC FX33
Head-Direct RE1

Plus a couple headsets that came bundled with crap and some torn-up circums by JVC or whoever that I've been slowly gutting for parts (foam for JVC FX 33, plug for a random circuitry project, etc). Also some bundled Zune & iPod buds, and a couple pairs of dollar-store buds I was using on a throw-away basis.

We should really post more pics...and by we, I mean you. :D
Yeah.. And I still want more. The 48e 200 ohm. The 48 silver. And the original cir 1937 48..Looks really bad ass too. Still want the W5000, 900, 501, 880 600 ohm, and around 10 more I can't afford. Hopefully, I will wake up one day and say.. I only need one headphone.

Moved my listening area over to my bed, which is where I spend most of my time:

DSC00694.jpg

Unibody MacBook (2.4GHz) -> USB Fubar II DAC -> Little Dot I+ Hybrid -> AKG K701

Die, infidel! :eek:

;)
Great!!

I've always been a speaker > headphones guy, but there was nothing quite like playing Dead Space at night with the lights off and my D2000 wrapped around my head. The immersion was truly amazing. More than once, I found myself looking back over my shoulder just to make sure there wasn't some hideous creature about to plunge its fangs into my skull. :p

Yeah.

I like speakers too...it's just much, much harder to reach with speakers what you can do with headphones easily. And I'm a poor student living in an apartment. :D

i finally stepped up to something nice sennheiser hd 201's. I was browsing around amazon.com for a decent headset then i figured id browse through headphones and found this for 8$ refurbished. The other set of headphones are 20$ sony studio monitor headphones decent for the price.
P2230040.jpg

P2230046.jpg

P2230047.jpg

the cord on the sennheisers was a bit to long it bothered me so i put on a few zip ties.
P2230055.jpg

nothin special...
JVC harx-700
Head-Direct.com RE2

both largely consider best buys for under $50. neither disapoints.
jvc used on my PC
RE2s on my Rockbox'ed iPod video @ the gym

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back