Post your HeadPhones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you purchase yours off of eBay, I have found on there ("new") and the seller seems to sell many of them? Just wondering because I cannot find it any where else and would like to make sure I am buying from the original maker and such or from a trusted source.

Yes from ebay. I know some peopole had to wait a long time for theirs. I only waited 10 days. There is not much communication with him. It felt like I just gave my money to a ghost

Yes from ebay. I know some peopole had to wait a long time for theirs. I only waited 10 days. There is not much communication with him. It felt like I just gave my money to a ghost

Well, after some of the solid reviews about it, and the price is so nice I would be crazy not to jump on it.

Yeah I know. I'm being nice to him and I just shipped them back this morning. Hopefully I'll see a refund from him in a few days. If not, I'm going to have to escalate the situation and contact Amazon since they have a "A to Z" guarantee.

I stopped by Guitar Center (musician's friend) on my way home and picked up a new pair of headphones. I got the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro (80 ohm). They are so freaking comfortable and sound about 10x better than the imitation Audio Technica's lol. The around ear fittings are like a velvet type material. The noise canceling on these is also crazy. I was sitting at a railroad crossing in the car while a train was going by, and I couldn't even hear it.

Anyhow, this time I felt like going to a store and getting some nice headphones even if it meant paying a little more. On top of that for $20, I got a 2 year warranty that covers anything no questions asked, so they'll just change them right out if I have a problem with them.

Now to pick up a nice little pocket amp for a decent price...

I got the DT770 250ohms and I replace my Hd485s, a headphone I thought I could never replace since it had great bass and great comfort. The DT770s beat it in both categories. BUT they are closed, which I do not know how loud I am talking into the mic for those long night gaming sessions :(

Yeah, lol. I noticed that. I went to talk to my brother and accidentally yelled. :p Personally though, I don't use the microphone in many games, only really for CS:S at lan parties or something. In that case, I just use a logitech headset w/ mic. I'll be using these nice Beyerdynamic's pretty much for music and late night gaming where I can't turn on the Z-5300's in repercussion of waking someone up.

Pro-ject Headbox SEII ($300) and Sennheiser HD600
DSC00386.jpg

Sounds awesome by the way!!

I'd say when you contact him, don't come off as accusing at first. It IS possible that he was selling them not knowing himself that they were counterfeit. I've seen that happen before. If thats the case, he should gladly refund your money. If he knows they are counterfeit, then you could have a harder time with it.

are you referring to the situation on head-fi where the guy bought some ath es7s (i think) from an ebay seller, contacted the guy, and he said "we didnt know they were counterfeit, we just ordered a large batch of them from one of our sellers", and then proceeded to list more and more auctions with the same counterfeit headphone?

yeah im sure all the amazon market place and ebay sellers are innocent hahaha

are you referring to the situation on head-fi where the guy bought some ath es7s (i think) from an ebay seller, contacted the guy, and he said "we didnt know they were counterfeit, we just ordered a large batch of them from one of our sellers", and then proceeded to list more and more auctions with the same counterfeit headphone?

yeah im sure all the amazon market place and ebay sellers are innocent hahaha

No. Don't remember ever even hearing about that. I've seen it before with other stuff though. It is possible that a wholesaler picked them up, having no idea about the actual product to be able to identify that it wasn't the real deal. It happens.

Not that it will tell you anything, but...

Technical data Pro-Ject Head Box SE II
Power output 700mW/30ohms, 110mW/300ohms
Headphone connection > 30 ohms
Signal to noise 110dB (115dB - A weighted) at full output
Frequency response 20Hz – 20kHz/-0,03dB
THD (IMD) 0,003%/30ohms, 0,007%/300ohms
Gain 12dB
Headphone jacks 3-pole ¼" (6,3mm Ø) phono socket
Power supply type Mains-fed outboard power supply
Output voltage 16V/1.000mA AC
Power consumption 16V/230mA AC
Dimension W x H x D 103 x 72 x 151mm
Weight 1.080g without power supply

Also see my head-fi post on it: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/pro-ject-headbox-seii-309837/

Audio technica ath-a700's, and a technics SU-G75, Dolby pro stereo amp when i want to use my ps3 and headphones together.

Nice review:)
Specs tell me everything..
Weight..Height..ummm, what else?;)

Not that it will tell you anything, but...

Technical data Pro-Ject Head Box SE II
Power output 700mW/30ohms, 110mW/300ohms
Headphone connection > 30 ohms
Signal to noise 110dB (115dB - A weighted) at full output
Frequency response 20Hz – 20kHz/-0,03dB
THD (IMD) 0,003%/30ohms, 0,007%/300ohms
Gain 12dB
Headphone jacks 3-pole ¼" (6,3mm Ø) phono socket
Power supply type Mains-fed outboard power supply
Output voltage 16V/1.000mA AC
Power consumption 16V/230mA AC
Dimension W x H x D 103 x 72 x 151mm
Weight 1.080g without power supply

Also see my head-fi post on it: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/pro-ject-headbox-seii-309837/

I just built a headphone stand out of miscellaneous Ikea parts.. lol. It's so solid you could probably kill someone with it. Everything is that stainless steel stuff. It all cost me about $15 to $20 max to build. (some of the stuff I found in the 'returned items and clearance' section)

Main stand portion: BJÄRNUM Bracket 11''
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10136135

Headphone holder post: CAPITA Leg 4''
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20049538

Wire wrapping posts: ATTEST Knob
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50138750

And of course the headphones.. Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80ohm

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

Um, I believe you have my stapler, er, headphones ^_^
Really though.... The DT770s are my FAVORITE headphones so far. Only downside is, is that their is no bass with my DAP since I have the 250s.

@ w1retap... now that is a bad ass headphone hanger :cool:

Here's my new cans...
MiniLaptopHeadphones2.jpg

MiniLaptopHeadphones3.jpg

They're not quite broke in yet... and the highs are way too harsh, probably due to the 0.5mm drivers... maybe I need an amp!?

@ w1retap... now that is a bad ass headphone hanger :cool:

Here's my new cans...
They're not quite broke in yet... and the highs are way too harsh, probably due to the 0.5mm drivers... maybe I need an amp!?

I would assume you need to re cable them. Perhaps shield it with a mc donalds straw.

You guys take some nice photographs, I need to find a new camera....any recommendations under $300

awesome w1retap. considering making some more and selling them? :D
I thought about it. I may end up doing that.. but I wouldn't sell them at face value. It takes a little bit of work and time to drill the holes, plus different length screws that are metric and kind of hard to find.

Oooooh maverick777... I love those Audio Techs.... and indeed a great pic.

Aaron909... you can get a Canon A720IS for under $200 and it takes great pictures, esp. macro shots... I am still learning how to use mine.

Oooooh maverick777... I love those Audio Techs.... and indeed a great pic.

Aaron909... you can get a Canon A720IS for under $200 and it takes great pictures, esp. macro shots... I am still learning how to use mine.

Thanks, seems like Canon's are the choice of camera for alot of people, I'm going to look into getting the one you mentioned.

Hey get a Zero Dac in front of the DV..will make it sing;)

Oh yeah..nice Head Phones

Ya, i need a DAC thinking that is my next upgrade...ive been hearing soo much about how awesome a balanced 650 is.....going to try it at the head fi meet coming up on May 3rd.

Also, im a Canon man myself....Canon 20D =)

Ya, i need a DAC thinking that is my next upgrade...ive been hearing soo much about how awesome a balanced 650 is.....going to try it at the head fi meet coming up on May 3rd.

Also, im a Canon man myself....Canon 20D =)

Head-fi is the devil. I just received my Alessandro MS-1's yesterday, I have a Little Dot MKIII on the way and I'm already thinking about the Zero DAC since it now can be had for under $150 shipped. My wallet is not happy about this new hobby.

Thanks, seems like Canon's are the choice of camera for alot of people, I'm going to look into getting the one you mentioned.

Canon is the way to go for Point and Shoot camera's and for camera's under $400 in general. The make very good cameras.

I use Canon point and shoots (S400 and SD450), but I took the picture of my phones with a Nikon D80. There is not absolute best when it comes to DSLR's, but I prefer Nikons in that arena.

The A720IS is a good camera. Especially given how affordable it is.

PS: Got my A900's based on reading Head-fi. (Also got Super.fi Pro 5's and Altec Lansing im716's from reading the forum) Be careful of that site if you're on a strict budget. Ignorance is bliss. :D

Head fi is sickly addictive, as is the Canon forums.

Ill be at the Head Fi meet coming up on May 3rd.

***New Portable Setup***

For a while I've been using rubber bands to attach my iPod to my Corda Move and had to use a silly mini-to-mini cable straight out of the headphone-out.

My portable setup has now had some nice additions:
- LOD connector to female mini-jack
- Cable (made a few hours ago)
- Atrio M5s (replacing my Creative EP-630s)

Okay, it isn't the best portable setup in the world and the cable isn't exactly great, but at least I don't have to worry about everything falling apart when I'm carrying the thing around!

iPod --> Custom Cable --> Corda Move --> Atrio M5
p4120006me1.jpg

iPod --> Female LOD --> Custom Cable --> Corda Move --> Atrio M5
p4120003wg4.jpg

p4120005cc4.jpg

I'm still not too happy carrying about £370 worth of equipment around with me, but at least it sounds good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back