Post your HeadPhones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good shit man. There needs to be more Denon love here.

FWIW, the Opera is an excellent match for them. They synergize very well. However, I happen to prefer their synergy with certain tube amps. I find they drive very much like a grado, and as such, I presume something like a Mapletree would probably drive them well. Likewise, I find them to pair with my Melos impeccably well. There should be two for sale on Head-Fi right now, if I were you, I'd snag one. You get the wonderful toobyness, and the ability to tube roll to fine tune. Likewise, the Melos does have tons of upgrading options.

Just a suggestion :)

Sony MDR-XD400 (106dB/mW; 5Hz - 30,000Hz; 50mm, dome type)

on Creative X-Fi (dont mind my Uguru panel :D)

BF2142 sounds amazing!

[DFR]Random;1031645392 said:
I like your taste in desks ;). Is that amp the Meier Arietta? I've been thinking about getting one. Upgrading because it's not up to snuff?

Either that or a Headfive. Those are the only two amps I know that use that enclosure. Don't be scared though, that little amp packs a lot of punch. My first desktop amp was the Headfive (which is similar, the Arietta is slightly better). I really liked it, and had it for a while. I ended up switching to a Millet Hybrid, and fell in love with tubes, but if I had to go back to solid state, it would almost certainly be a Meier amp.

Hey guys, here's my cans... they're not much, but the sound pretty darn good for $20. They sound just as good as my old Sony MDR-V600's which cost me $100.

DSC04284.jpg

DSC04282.jpg

Don't mind my gat, that's my airsoft pistol used to shoot the wife in the butt when she talks junk :eek: :mad: :p (yeah, right... she'd come slap the $@#! out of me if I did that).

I find that I am using my headphones more and more these days due to the fact that my dog has gotten crankier and crankier lately...
DSC04279.jpg

He hates it when I play DMX :rolleyes:

Later guys.

X-Fi to Beresford TC-7510 MK6/3 via mini to toslink, Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80, Super.fi 5 EB and Koss KSC-75. I've had the Beyers for a couple months and love them. The 7510 and the Super.fi and Koss phones all came in today so I haven't had a whole lot of listening time, but the bass on the Super.fis is awesome.

Yeah, he's more of a Rolling Stones or Chuck Berry kind of dog... when I play Johnny B Goode, he thinks the song's about him... go figure.

Either that or a Headfive. Those are the only two amps I know that use that enclosure. Don't be scared though, that little amp packs a lot of punch. My first desktop amp was the Headfive (which is similar, the Arietta is slightly better). I really liked it, and had it for a while. I ended up switching to a Millet Hybrid, and fell in love with tubes, but if I had to go back to solid state, it would almost certainly be a Meier amp.

It's a Headfive. I'll probably sell it to fund my next amp. :/

headphonegroup001.jpg

I need more headphone stands, a nice DAC, and a desktop amp. And less headphones. I just keep winning them! :D

the all black ones in the back are the Equation Audio EP.3070 - not spectacular by any means, but not bad as a portable beater headphone.

The black and bronze one is an Equation Audio RP-21, which is an amazing headphone for the street price of ~$100. Very well regarded at Head-Fi, it's got some impressive sub-bass for a $100 dollar closed headphone. Pretty well balanced across the frequency ranges too, the bass doesn't drown out the treble by any means. I'll probably be selling my K240 Studio to my friend, and just keep the RP-21 and Grado SR225.

^^ I've only recently heard of the RP21, but it looks promising as a headphone for work, which is what I am now looking for. I am currently using my PX100, but would like to get better sound without spending a lot, since I will be leaving them at the office. I dont' want my HD650s stolen by the cleaning crew :rolleyes:

When I get my headamp GS1, my RSA Tommahawk will be my office amp.

Questions:

*So you prefer the RP21 to the AKG K240s?
*How is the midrange on the RP21?
*Do the pads sit on the ear, or go around the ear?

Just recabled my AKG K81DJs
PICT1104.jpg

I was so surprised at the difference! Four 26 gauge teflon coated SPC wires with nylon multifilament, adhesive heatshrink, and a Neutrik plug.

Oh and D: b/c Head-fi is down

Nice job on the re-cable. :)

Something very different "we" have been playing with. :p

JISBOS based "Headphone buffer"
(there is no voltage gain stage, just a high current discreet buffer stage so it does not molest the sound nearly as much as a traditional amp does)

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

Marshal - That sounds like an interesting idea. Since there is no voltage gain, I take it this is a better match with the Grado's than, say, my K340s? :)

Marshal - That sounds like an interesting idea. Since there is no voltage gain, I take it this is a better match with the Grado's than, say, my K340s? :)

Yeah, but that ultimately depends on how much voltage your source can provide.

Nice job on the re-cable. :)

Something very different "we" have been playing with. :p

JISBOS based "Headphone buffer"
(there is no voltage gain stage, just a high current discreet buffer stage so it does not molest the sound nearly as much as a traditional amp does)

[IM]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/X86inside/IMG_2129.jpg[/IMG]

[IM]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/X86inside/IMG_2117.jpg[/IMG]

And how does it sound?

Haven't posted here in awhile.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2037/1536885466_b054e2c842.jpg[/img

My daughter with daddy's cans on. ;)[/QUOTE]

holy s***. I could buy 4 of my computers for what those headphones cost. Googled them out of curiosity, 4000$.... I realize now that I will never be that much of an audiophile if there are people out there like you. Got pics of what else you have running them?

holy s***. I could buy 4 of my computers for what those headphones cost. Googled them out of curiosity, 4000$.... I realize now that I will never be that much of an audiophile if there are people out there like you. Got pics of what else you have running them?

Yeah, they are spendy headphones. Certain headphones though, to me, are worth paying out for (if you can afford them, that is). If I were to be spending top dollar on headphones, I admit, it wouldn't be those. I listened to them at a meet and they were great, but just didn't wow me as much as I thought. However, I've also sampled a L3000, which run $3000+, and those sounded every bit like they deserve such a price tag. If I ever won the lotto or something, I'd certainly own a pair.

Yeah, they are spendy headphones. Certain headphones though, to me, are worth paying out for (if you can afford them, that is). If I were to be spending top dollar on headphones, I admit, it wouldn't be those. I listened to them at a meet and they were great, but just didn't wow me as much as I thought. However, I've also sampled a L3000, which run $3000+, and those sounded every bit like they deserve such a price tag. If I ever won the lotto or something, I'd certainly own a pair.

I don't think either of us listened to the R10 long enough at the meet to do it proper justice...but from what I remember, it was just bliss :D

That was the price of R10's.

so...much...time...without...head-fi.

please come back to me!

I feel like a fish out of water. I open firefox to a dead page and think....now what? :rolleyes:
We need to make a headfi rain dance or something. This is getting intolerable.

***goes into the corner to weep softly****

Exactly how much better are the L3000 than the 1000 and 5000 anyway? I have been lookin their way, but I'm not buying something expensive just because its clad in leather. How much better does it sound? I am willing to pay the $ for good sound.

Haven't posted here in awhile.

Telling me :D

I took a video of the recent NYC meet but can't post. I'm looking for some people to seed it as torrent file or host it. It's about 900MB and about an hour of footage where I interview some head-fi members and manufacturers while they go through their gear.

So I've been keeping myself busy. :)

If I were to return to high end headphones it would be for Stax. I shifted the funds to speakers atm b/c my wife finally relented. lol love and marriage....

The thing about going the Stax route is you need to change amps too. Basically across-the-board system changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back