Post your HeadPhones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of DAC's. Just got my new MHdt Lab's USB+ Constantine DAC (say that three times fast) this morning. The things a beauty!

constantine1.jpg

(Don't mind the mess of cables, just getting it setup)

constantine2.jpg

constantine3.jpg

Now I just can't wait till me HeadAmp GS-1 and Headphile Darth Beyer DT770pro 80ohm get here. This should be a very fun computer based setup. ^_^

Bass++
:D

m3ta1head said:
My god :eek:

How much did that lighten your wallet by.... :eek:
Surprisingly, not too much. I got it for 314$us shipped from Taiwan.
You can actually get almost the same version, expect inplace of USB you get a digital BNC for ~235$us.
I'm glad I was able to pick mine up for the starting price.

The person makes a whole range of dac's, from 169$us all the way up to a tube/SS 500$us DAC.
http://www.geocities.com/mhdtlab/

sdgserv said:
That is really nice...How does it sound?
If the question was for me:

I've only had it for a day, so my ears still need to get adjusted to it. Plus, I don't even have my decent amp yet.

From what Listening i've done, the only things that I know have changed is the amount of bass. This thing's got bass. My ears keep telling me it has better soundstage, but I need much more listening time with it to make sure its not just psychological.
Listening to music I havn't heard in a while, and the songs have never sounded this good.
Tried it with my speaker setup for a few minutes, but havn't done any real comparions yet (waiting on a cable to arrive).

And yet another little package arrives. ^_^

8-31-2006.jpg

gs1a.jpg

gs1b.jpg

(Quite a few wires)

So, my HeadAmp GS-1 finally came. Wow, compared to my old G-Lite, this thing is huge. To my surprise, the Constantine DAC and GS-1 are about the same exact width and height, so that works out good.

Now I just have one more thing I'm waiting for, and my setup will be done for this year (a minimum of this year).

To my surprise, I instantly noticed the GS-1 was less in my face compared to the PA2v2. I like the input switch, so now I can compare my DAC to my sound card quickly.

This is my last day the setup will be at home, so I'm going to have to set everything back up at college soon. :sigh:

Just thought I'd show off my two latest acquisitions, a new version beyerdynamic DT-880 & a Ultrasone PROline 750..

dsc00081ix1.jpg

Just thought I'd show off my two latest acquisitions, a new version beyerdynamic DT-880 & a Ultrasone PROline 750..

Hello there, what is the diff. with the new 880's. I really like mine

sdgserv said:
Hello there, what is the diff. with the new 880's. I really like mine
I never really got a chance to demo the older DT-880 for a length of time, so I dunno. Headroom says the 06 version have a bit more low mids & bass though :)

How do you like yours with the Cardas cable?

Nice cans saturnine2. Newegg doesn't sell either of those. Where can you get the DT 880s ?

Tac said:
Nice cans saturnine2. Newegg doesn't sell either of those. Where can you get the DT 880s ?
headphone.com
ttvj.com

or you can go direct through beyerdynamic.

saturnine2 said:
I never really got a chance to demo the older DT-880 for a length of time, so I dunno. Headroom says the 06 version have a bit more low mids & bass though :)

How do you like yours with the Cardas cable?
Great..I had Highflyin9 recable mine. He does the internal wires and Cardas. I was listening for about a week and thought what a waste. Then it was like somebody flipped a switch. A much fuller and richer sound, and a little more detail. I use these for Jazz and a lighter sound in the morning. I was going to use these with a tube amp. But every time I get close to having the money for a Tube amp some bill pops up...........:(

Well, I might as well post my new headphones.

darth1.jpg

darth2.jpg

darth3.jpg

(Note: The orange putty is not stock, I added that)

Got my Headphile Darth Beyer DT770pro 80ohm a few days ago in Paduak wood.

Simply Beautiful.

!!! ^_^ !!!

vudoo said:
A900's came in today. Shipping is pretty fast coming from Japan.

where are the headphones? oh there they are... sorry, was distracted ;) :D

brawr looks yummy... the headphones, of course

FLECOM said:
where are the headphones? oh there they are... sorry, was distracted ;) :D

brawr looks yummy... the headphones, of course

I still don't see the headphones? :confused:

;)

vudoo said:
Need to look into some of those tiny portable amps. They seem cool. :eek:

LittleDotMicro+. Worked wonders for my AD700s. Should have similar effects on the AD900.

Have fun! :)

So 3 weeks ago I lost my Shure e2c earphones on the way back from Afghanistan. I was pretty bummed out so i bought some Ultimate Ears Super.fi Pro 5s. Yeah, they were damn expensive but I wanted to upgrade anyway. Fast forward to yesterday and now I can't find them. I didn't even have them for 2 weeks and I already lost them? :(

What's going on?

my replacement for my old setup. swapped panasonic rt-hp355 and logitech precision pc gaming headset for senniheiser hd595's with a zalman mic1. =T love both so far and they work great.

dsc01487yl7.jpg

Laxx said:
my replacement for my old setup. swapped panasonic rt-hp355 and logitech precision pc gaming headset for senniheiser hd595's with a zalman mic1. =T love both so far and they work great.
That must be like a breath of fresh air in upgraind from your old headphones. :)

towert7 said:
That must be like a breath of fresh air in upgraind from your old headphones. :)

oh definitely. i got the panasonics when i was a freshman in college and they lasted me 5 years. at the time, they've been used and abused for about 4 of those 5 years and i'm just glad they still work. the pleather is all torn off from the earpads, but the sound is still the same. they did their job and are now retired.

i do plan on getting a set of closed cans in the near future, but i'm not sure which yet. either A900's or DT770's. =]

or maybe even some in ear phones like shure's or something. =T

Cross-posted in many different threads and forums.

Updated LCD/Workstation/Headphones/Speaker pictures now that I'm pretty much settled into my dorm room. Enjoy.

253020797_f7cac37314_o.jpg

253020798_70fd0b5eff_o.jpg

253020799_ba497dea4d_o.jpg

253022737_be6cab1009_o.jpg

LCD: 2007WFP Rev. A02

Speaker setup: Computer/Toshiba SD-1600 --> LaFayette Stereo-108 --> Audiosource AMP Three --> Insigna NS-B2111

Headphones: Sony MDR-V700DJ, Beyerdynamic DT770/80, two pairs not worth mentioning

The LaFayette is being replaced by an Adcom GTP-500 II which should be here by Friday.

SysteX said:
Cross-posted in many different threads and forums.

Updated LCD/Workstation/Headphones/Speaker pictures now that I'm pretty much settled into my dorm room. Enjoy.

LCD: 2007WFP Rev. A02

Speaker setup: Computer/Toshiba SD-1600 --> LaFayette Stereo-108 --> Audiosource AMP Three --> Insigna NS-B2111

Headphones: Sony MDR-V700DJ, Beyerdynamic DT770/80, two pairs not worth mentioning

The LaFayette is being replaced by an Adcom GTP-500 II which should be here by Friday.

I am SO jealous!

SysteX said:
How are you liking those new DT990s? Do you have any other Beyerdynamic's to compare them to?

Yes they are the '05 990's. Nope , this is my first pair of Beyers, sorry.

HPIM3342.jpg

Looks like just another pint doesn't it?

Until you see the inside. ;)

HPIM3337.jpg

Since the PINT boards are nothing but a memory at this time I put on my train drivers hat and designed my own replacements. :D

SInce this was a DIY thing I will make a small number of these boards available to experienced builders
Shoot me a PM for details. ;)

Edit: the first run of these boards are gone now so don't bother inquiring about them.....
The second batch is currently undergoing bench testing and a "final version" (with silkscreen and solder mask) will be ordered shortly.

Mister X said:
SInce this was a DIY thing I will make a small number of these boards available to experienced builders
Shoot me a PM for details. ;)

For once I'de actually like to see your actual headphone rig......... not just the amps you build.
Is it just me? Maybe it's just me........ hm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back